Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Halo Game
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
New Halo Game - May 31, 2009 20:02
Apparently titled "Halo: Reach". Bungie started a forum for it, but quickly took it down, but alas, nothing that happens on the internet can be undone.
LINKS
Cached Pages, as well as some sceenies from Peter Jackson Project
Kotaku's General Faggotry ensued after the post of this

Any thoughts? Personally I hope this is the game by the new studio MS put together(with the Gearbox, Bungie, and Kojima vets), and that it will release sometime in 2010, filling out the obligitory blockbuster holiday FPS, thus giving Epic another year for Gears 3(so it wont blow cock like 2). All and all, this could be the Halo game we've wanted since Halo 2, and Bungie has refused to give.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:New Halo Game - May 31, 2009 20:40
Insert "ZOMG TEH MILKING FRACHIZZZE!!!!!one1
immortaldanmx

Re:New Halo Game - May 31, 2009 20:52
mastachefbkw

Insert "ZOMG TEH MILKING FRACHIZZZE!!!!!one1

No, Kikizo isn't full of fanboys like Kotaku.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 02:33
How is VF5 not a fanboy?

He's gonna come in here and post about how he's not interested and talk about some 2D Japanese Wii game that is much better than halo could ever hope to be.
rockdude69

• Total Posts : 22
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 03:49
Wii sucks I would rather have drive a rusty geo metro like emofag it is so bad.
mastachefbkw

Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 05:49

He's gonna come in here and post about how he's not interested and talk about some 2D Japanese Wii game that is much better than halo could ever hope to be.
Now you're just being too hard on VF. He'll probably just go on about Shenmue.....oh wait, 2D Japanese games > 3D Japanese games.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 09:05
Another FPS, do we think? Or are they going to mix things up a little?
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 10:10
mastachefbkw

Now you're just being too hard on VF. He'll probably just go on about Shenmue.....oh wait, 2D Japanese games > 3D Japanese games.

The less advanced and more archaic it is the more VF5 points it gets.  If they make the graphics look like collecovision he'll shit himself in anticipation. I used to think he was just messing with us and trying to annoy us but now I'm convinced he actually genuinely likes shitty games and gets a knack out of terrible graphics.

rockdude69

I'm a retard with nothing meaninful to say.

I agree.
<message edited by emofag on Jun 01, 2009 10:15>
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 12:15
He's somebody's sock, not a retard. Bet you large amounts of American-style pounds.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 13:48
immortaldanmx

Apparently titled "Halo: Reach". Bungie started a forum for it, but quickly took it down, but alas, nothing that happens on the internet can be undone.
LINKS

Any thoughts? Personally I hope this is the game by the new studio MS put together(with the Gearbox, Bungie, and Kojima vets), and that it will release sometime in 2010, filling out the obligitory blockbuster holiday FPS, thus giving Epic another year for Gears 3(so it wont blow cock like 2). All and all, this could be the Halo game we've wanted since Halo 2, and Bungie has refused to give.

I'm probably the biggest Halo fanboy on the forums here and I'm creaming myself now.  The screenshots of the Jackson project (specifically the Elite holding a Spartan by the neck) remind me of the Halo 3 ads.  Remember the"Believe" advert where a brute was holding chief by the neck, then chief's head turned at the last second?  Nothing resembling that scene ever happened in Halo 3.  So if this is a prequel (as was suggested on the thread) perhaps it realtes to that? 

And how did Gears 2 blow cock?  Unless you mean in a good gay way.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 14:35
Aren't we do for at least another 3 more games based in the Halo universe for sure? We have ODST, the Peter Jackson game, and now this Halo Reach game. I agree that this franchise is now being milked for everything it is worth, but you can't just jump on MS for doing it with Halo when there are a multitude of games out there that bring out a sequel or prequel or in-the-middle-quel every 2-3 years. MS is simply following the same formula Nintendo has been using for miling the Mario franchise for decades, and the same one Squeenix uses for Final Fantasy. If the franchise is hot and you know you can make a shit pile of money on it, then why not milk it for all its worth. You have to blame the people buying the games more than the publishers and devs IMHO.
immortaldanmx

Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 14:41
Iad umboros

immortaldanmx

LINKS

I'm probably the biggest Halo fanboy on the forums here and I'm creaming myself now.  The screenshots of the Jackson project (specifically the Elite holding a Spartan by the neck) remind me of the Halo 3 ads.  Remember the"Believe" advert where a brute was holding chief by the neck, then chief's head turned at the last second?  Nothing resembling that scene ever happened in Halo 3.  So if this is a prequel (as was suggested on the thread) perhaps it realtes to that? 

And how did Gears 2 blow cock?  Unless you mean in a good gay way.

The Spartan being held is most likely one of the ones who died defending REACH.

And the Gears 2 online was broken when it released. If you're a shooting game on the 360, your online must be working 100% when you ship.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 15:14
immortaldanmx

The Spartan being held is most likely one of the ones who died defending REACH.

And the Gears 2 online was broken when it released. If you're a shooting game on the 360, your online must be working 100% when you ship.

Yeah I can't argue with that, it was terrible even in private matches.  I haven't played it since.
mastachefbkw

Re:New Halo Game - Jun 01, 2009 23:33

Aren't we do for at least another 3 more games based in the Halo universe for sure? We have ODST, the Peter Jackson game, and now this Halo Reach game. I agree that this franchise is now being milked for everything it is worth, but you can't just jump on MS for doing it with Halo when there are a multitude of games out there that bring out a sequel or prequel or in-the-middle-quel every 2-3 years. MS is simply following the same formula Nintendo has been using for miling the Mario franchise for decades, and the same one Squeenix uses for Final Fantasy. If the franchise is hot and you know you can make a shit pile of money on it, then why not milk it for all its worth. You have to blame the people buying the games more than the publishers and devs IMHO.
So far there have only been 3 main games released, and one spin off from a different company and different genre. Thats also over the span of 8 years. ODST is considered an expansion and the other two probably won't be out until late 2010/2011. 6 halo games in 9-10 years isn't that bad. Unless they start dumping 12 halos per year into the market I don't consider it being milked.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 02, 2009 00:53
Halo trailers always send shivers down my spine
immortaldanmx

Re:New Halo Game - Jun 02, 2009 07:04
locopuyo

Halo trailers always send shivers down my spine

The reveal trailer for Halo 2, where Chief jumps towards the Covie ship, was one of the most emotionally gripping trailers ever. Hearing the com chatter of the Marines and Navy being pushed back, and then Cortana telling them to hold their ground... ZOMG memories.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 02, 2009 07:33

The reveal trailer for Halo 2, where Chief jumps towards the Covie ship, was one of the most emotionally gripping trailers ever. Hearing the com chatter of the Marines and Navy being pushed back, and then Cortana telling them to hold their ground... ZOMG memories.

Too bad the game sucked.
immortaldanmx

Re:New Halo Game - Jun 02, 2009 15:20
Agent Ghost

Too bad the game sucked.

Are you expecting an argument? The Single-player was fucking abysmal.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:New Halo Game - Jun 02, 2009 17:44
Halo 2 is a nubfest
immortaldanmx

Re:New Halo Game - Jun 02, 2009 17:54
locopuyo

Halo 2 is a nubfest

Halo 2 was BR-whoring with auto-aim, Halo 3 is nothing but spawning and SprayR'ing. Halo 1 is the only good Halo game. Maybe ODST and REACH can fix that problem.

On a related note, I think Bungie is having a hard time making anything but Halo. They went independent in order to make other games, but maybe they are a one-trick pony.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message