Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 03:15

They Wonder Why People Don' t Make PC Games Any More

On another PC related note, we pulled some disturbing numbers this past week about the amount of PC players currently playing Multiplayer (which was fantastic). What wasn' t fantastic was the percentage of those numbers who were playing on stolen copies of the game on stolen / cracked CD keys of pirated copies (and that was only people playing online).

Not sure if I can share the exact numbers or percentage of PC players with you, but I' ll check and see; if I can I' ll update with them. As the amount of people who pirate PC games is astounding. It blows me away at the amount of people willing to steal games (or anything) simply because it' s not physical or it' s on the safety of the internet to do.

Now this is taken from an infinity ward developer. Its a sad development, people have always said PC games are dying, and i think it eventually will.

Link
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 03:35
Unless they come up with some really good countermeasures against piracy, which is an utopia on itself.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 03:38
I support free downloading . But I also believe in supporting the people that make the game. I will have to try it before I buy it that' s for sure. But I do have one rule when it comes to EA games. I will download there games and give them away for free I hate ea so much .

EA sucks.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 03:54
They could end piracy tomorrow. They' re just too lazy and incompetent. All they have to do is give each copy an ID in the form of a unique in-game texture. Much like a finger print. Have this done through procedural generation. The difference is invisible to the naked eye. On top of this you would require a traditional CD key. You match your finger print with your CD key to an account. A universal account in which all your games are tied to. How can they crack that?

Would that work? I' m so stoned I have no idea. I just ate an entire medium pizza and I' m still hungry. That' s how high I am at this present moment. I either had a stroke of genius or one of retardation. I can' t say for sure...wait what are we talking about?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 04:17
Pizza?

I dunno. The whole try before you buy excuse is just that, or I love the excuse " Well I wasn' t going to buy it anyway" . Its blatent stealing, but its mainly kids who haven' t been taught properly by their parents/role models/whoever.

Its the easiest crime you can get away with these days.

Initiatives like Steam are the only way to limit this. Having all your games tied to an online account. Which brings us neatly back to pizza.
Vx Chemical

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 04:23

They could end piracy tomorrow. They' re just too lazy and incompetent. All they have to do is give each copy an ID in the form of a unique in-game texture. Much like a finger print. Have this done through procedural generation. The difference is invisible to the naked eye. On top of this you would require a traditional CD key. You match your finger print with your CD key to an account. A universal account in which all your games are tied to. How can they crack that?

The crackers will always find a way
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 04:27

Fucking Crackers! LMAO!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 04:31
It' s very simple. If you pirate, you have to right to complain if and when your favorite studio goes under, or loses money.

I' m a proponent of peer-to-peer networking, but you' ll never see me with a flashed 360. I support who I want to see do well.

quote:

***ing Crackers! LMAO!

Jeesus... you are baked.

I support free downloading .

There' s no such thing. Piracy comes out of someone' s wallet. It' s just not yours.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 17 Jan 08 20:34:56 >
Vx Chemical

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 04:37

I' m a proponent of peer-to-peer networking, but you' ll never see me with a flashed 360. I support who I want to see do well.

I concur
mikayd2

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 05:23

There' s no such thing. Piracy comes out of someone' s wallet. It' s just not yours.

Either way I hate getting ripped off for a game that sucks . Take Madden 07,08 for PS3 for instance. Ea droped the ball on this one hell I never thought they had the ball.
This is why I download games before I buy them. I wish EA would give the NFL License to some one that wants to make a real football game.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 05:26

Would that work? I' m so stoned I have no idea. I just ate an entire medium pizza and I' m still hungry. That' s how high I am at this present moment. I either had a stroke of genius or one of retardation. I can' t say for sure...wait what are we talking about?

hahahahah LOL You crack me up Agent! I' m not sure which I find funnier, your drunk posts or stoned ones!
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 18:58
Lool @ Agent, i don' t know whether to laugh or be creeped out...

Anyway, it' s sad but true, piracy is seen as perfectly legit, hell where i live buying your copies in a store is considered insanity because you can get it so cheap off the Internet... .

Sadly, i used to be part of the whole " download till u drop or your PC burns" thing, but as time passed and after reading a few educated articles about the matter, i can proudly say DL r' no longer us. Fully paid ftw.

And Agent, dude, lay off the smack, that thing will kill your brain!
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 22:43

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Either way I hate getting ripped off for a game that sucks . Take Madden 07,08 for PS3 for instance. Ea droped the ball on this one hell I never thought they had the ball.
This is why I download games before I buy them. I wish EA would give the NFL License to some one that wants to make a real football game.

Dont try to come off as u are doing something right . Download as much as you want but then dont come in here and try to justify it . Piracy is wrong . Plain and simple .
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 22:57
2pac

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 18, 2008 23:09

ORIGINAL: Nitro

mikayd2

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 00:55

Dont try to come off as u are doing something right . Download as much as you want but then dont come in here and try to justify it . Piracy is wrong . Plain and simple .

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I think downloading is legit Ripping the other man off is the American way. America was built off of ripping folks off. It' s better to try before you buy. Thank god for Itunes.

I here your argument 2Pac but I don' t share your feelings . You think its wrong I think it' s right. That' s just the way it is.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 01:07
tehy sold 3 million copies on the consoles,I dont give a shit about their pc sales.
2pac

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 01:44

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I think downloading is legit Ripping the other man off is the American way. America was built off of ripping folks off. It' s better to try before you buy. Thank god for Itunes.

I here your argument 2Pac but I don' t share your feelings . You think its wrong I think it' s right. That' s just the way it is.

What are u talking about ? How are they ripping you off ? I mean i am not trying to impose my view on you i am just curious to know ?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 01:53

Lool @ Agent, i don' t know whether to laugh or be creeped out...

You get used to it.

And Agent, dude, lay off the smack, that thing will kill your brain!

No it won' t. Marijuana has no short or long term physiological side effects, and when taken through a vaporizer (AKA, bong) you don' t even have the harm of having hot ash in your lungs.

Education ftw.

Piracy is wrong . Plain and simple .

There is no " plain and simple" in piracy.

For example, I' ve got a TiVo DVD-RW unit that records live cable television. Back in the eighties there was an enormous stink over whether recording TV on your VCR was legal. It was finally determined that watching recorded television was technically " time-shifting" (no joke, that' s what they called it), and was perfectly legal for personal use, research and criticism or review.

So, if I download, and consequently burn a movie I' ve recorded on television, it' s legal. However, if I decide that I want to pick up the very same movie, recorded on someone else' s TiVo DVD-RW unit, I would be pirating, and breaking the law.

Either way I have the same piece of information. I could have the one from someone else' s DVR on a disk, in my hands, with no more detriment to the movie studio than if I had recorded it from mine.

It' s a semantics game, and there' s no clear cut yes or no answer to it.
2pac

RE: And you wonder why they dont make PC games anymore! - Jan 19, 2008 02:28
I dont care about technicalities . If you didnt pay for that game you are playing , you pirated it . I feel that is as simple as it gets
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message