Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Savesega.com??
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Savesega.com?? - May 21, 2007 08:02
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Savesega.com?? - May 21, 2007 08:22
Our religion is SEGA.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Savesega.com?? - May 21, 2007 09:09
Not mine, Sega is a shitty company.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Savesega.com?? - May 21, 2007 18:14
What the hell is that site? Is it Kikizo or a rip-off and is Adam involved with it?

Anyway, Sega is a company. As with all other companies the only ones who can save them are themselves. If they give us good products they' ll be saved. If they give us shit they will be destroyed, because that' s what you deserve if you create shit.
Nitro

RE: Savesega.com?? - May 21, 2007 18:38

Virtua fighter 5

RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 00:43
Sega web The main site (along with the Official Dreamcast one) where i used to browse!! using Dreamcast via Dreamkey !!
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 00:56

If they give us good products they' ll be saved. If they give us shit they will be destroyed, because that' s what you deserve if you create shit.

Not really, after the low levels of Mega CD and 32x, SEGA did come back with Saturn (i regard as a great console) and Dreamcast. We all know Dreamcast, for its time technically and software-wise killed everything in it' s short space, sega out-out went for the kill with totally orignal games (that worked), great hardware and a good advertising campaign. It our fault, SEGA tried their very best but the Playstation LOGO was too much the fashion and had loads of kids / adults brain washed.

FFS i remeber one kid wanting to swap his Dreamcast with SC his mom brought him for a Playstation 1 this was the kind of shit SEGA was facing...

The industry was dumb enough to ignore the fresh games SEGA dished out, SEGA basically said ' FUCK YOU!!' ' were gonna think 100% Business now, obviously, most of you so-called gamers dont give a shit about good games' .. @lets think about ourself' s and starting milking our great franchises with less budgets and letting less-paid teams work on them!!!!!!!!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 01:34
If they don' t know the importance of good marketing and a strong brand, like Sony did, then it' s their fault.
Nitro

RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 03:59

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

If they don' t know the importance of good marketing and a strong brand, like Sony did, then it' s their fault.

True.

Dreamcast was an awesome console and some of the best games of the last generation appeared on SEGA' s console, ...but their marketing was terrible, or at least it was nowhere near as efficient and savvy as Sony' s.

Not only were Sony coming off a big win with their brand name but they also secured emmense 3rd party support. SEGA had unfortunately struggled with Saturn and many big publishers were unwilling to commit until the console was established and had proven iself.

I blame Sammy for their problems today. SEGA' s teams need creative freedom, and unfortunately they don' t have it. AM2 was pretty much left alone and has produced standout title after standout title, but even the glorious Sonic Team' s reputation has been tarnished by the likes of Shadow the Hedgehog.

But hey, it' s SEGA and we love them!

On that note, f3 did you buy Sonic and the Secret Rings? Is it good?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 04:37
Adam owns it, and he forwards it to kikizo.com.
Nitro

RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 05:22

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

Hey buddy!

I was beginning to think you weren' t coming back...
Evil Man

RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 07:54
Sega sucks ass.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 08:20
Agreed, Sega havent made a good game in years.
Nitro

RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 08:41
The Virtua Fighter, Virtua Tennis, House of the Dead and OutRun games have maintained their high quality, even in the most recent of releases.

Just because Sonic Team have had trouble in the 3D realm outside of Sonic Adventure, it doesn' t mean SEGA has lost their touch.

Tell me you would turn your nose up at another Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio, F-Zero or Daytona game!?

Plus, Crazy Taxi for PSP looks awesome as does SEGA Rally Revo.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 09:19
Sega kicks ass. Or at least they used to. These days they' re kind of " just there" .
Evil Man

RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 09:34

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Tell me you would turn your nose up at another Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio, F-Zero or Daytona game!?

If it was a Panzer Dragoon Saga sequel sure... the shooters are cool but not exactly my favorite games.

I used to like their RPGs alot, Skies Of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III, Shining The Holy Ark, etc. but it looks like they' ll never make an RPG again, that doesn' t suck at least, the shining force spin offs on PS2 and GBA sucked ass.
< Message edited by evil man -- 22 May 07 1:36:27 >
Nitro

RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 18:32
It' s like with any developer, you can trust them until they release a poor game. You could trust Sonic Team until they released Sonic Adventure 2, and after that Billy hatcher, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog etc... right up to the most recent Sonic the Hedgehog on PS3/360.

But Sonic Team isn' t SEGA.

Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Savesega.com?? - May 22, 2007 19:58

ORIGINAL: Nitro

On that note, f3 did you buy Sonic and the Secret Rings? Is it good?

I would say it is the best Sonic since the DC times. It' s fun to play although some of the missions are plain annoying.

Graphics are good enough for me. Then again I' m someone who thinks last generation graphics at the end look more than good enough or Shenmue like graphics.

The control for me isn' t really much of a problem. I got the hang of it fast. One of my brothers picked it up once and got the hang for it in a matter of minutes. Although sometimes the braking doesn' t really work and you run to your death. A few minor faults in the controls.

It' s fast, has good level design to back it up and it' s just fun to be running through the soundwall. Which I believe he does when you use speedbreak.

I would have love it if they used the terms Zones and acts again though. To few levels and to many useless missions. I' m sure they' ll change that though.

The most annoying part about the game is that you can' t turn around and have to backtrack. Although I myself rarely find me in position where I want to do it. Being able to turn around and run that way would have been much better. I' m sure they' ll make it so in the next Sonic outing on the Wii.

The voices are better than in most of the recent games. If you still don' t like them switch it to the Japanese voices. The music...well that' s personal taste. I always found that the rock like music fitted Sonic well. After all Sonic his own favorite music is rock. And rock just fits well with the speed. The songs fit the stages really if you ask me so I don' t really why people keep whining about it. More like looking for a reason to call a Sonic game trash.

All in all if I have to be as unbiased as I can I would score the game a 7.5 or an 8. It' s a good game really, it' s fun, looks good and addictive. Makes you smile to see Sonic finally running again instead of platform hopping all the time. And he' s damn fast this time around. The game isn' t great and misses that little extra bit that would make a Sonic game excellent. But it' s a good game and a welcome change from the crap we' ve been served over the past years.

As a Sonic fan I would score it 8 or an 8.5. Because after all the years of crappy Sonic titles this one is putting Sonic back on his feet again. It' s not a complete comeback for our favorite blue blur. But he' s on his legs and running again.

So if you don' t have a problem with the onrails and you like " the dude with the ' tude" then go ahead and buy it. You won' t be dissappointed...unless if you are one of those fans who love the unneeded characters in the game.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Savesega.com?? - May 24, 2007 11:13

quote:

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

Hey buddy!

I was beginning to think you weren' t coming back...

Yeah, Me too Buddy.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message