Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Cell Phone!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
New Cell Phone! - Oct 30, 2007 02:33
I skipped the w960 and bought myself a Sony Ericsson k850i instead.
I changed my mind after trying Sony Ericsson' s P1 and realised that a touchscreen is pretty stupid. And HDD' s on portable devices are noisy and unstable unlike flash cards. With flash cards up to 4gb I won' t really need that 8gb HDD. I' ll miss the WLAN and office features but whatever. You can' t have everything.
The k850i has a better Cyber-Shot camera and the video recording has been improved from earlier SE phones. The overall design is really cool and if you can get over the fingerprints and the odd d-pad it' s a winner. It even has an accelerometer so you can play games Wii style. Marble Madness is really fun, you tilt the cell phone in order to make a marble roll on a level. I look like an idiot in the subway when playing it but whatever :P
The new trio of soft buttons are really great as they kind of work like touchscreen buttons, but still they aren' t touchscreen buttons.
The media center has something that looks very close to the PSP/PS3 cross media bar and it works really well.
Great screen and sound gives satisfying entertainment on the go.
The k850i gives you this next-gen feeling in the mobile department so I suggest you go try it out in stores.

So... I could' ve gotten a PS3 instead but I choose to buy a mobile when I already had a really good one (w850i). But this thing is so cool that I regret nothing.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&zone=pp&pid=10868

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 29 Oct 07 18:34:48 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message