Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft CES Keynote Details / Xbox 360 IPTV' d
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Microsoft CES Keynote Details / Xbox 360 IPTV' d - Jan 07, 2007 01:51
CES starts officially on Monday and this could be one of Bill' s announcements for his pre-CES keynote tomorrow. Microsoft already have trials underway for a Windows based service but since very few IPTV solutions cater for HDTV and a 360 obviously needing to then it' d be pretty cool.

Microsoft.com

Note: i am fully aware that there is nothing about 360 in the link provided above but the subject is already under discussion at TXB, linked via KOTAKU
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 8 Jan 07 8:05:49 >
Nitro

RE: Microsoft CES Keynote Details / Xbox 360 IPTV' d - Jan 08, 2007 16:07
10.4 million 360' s sold.

Gears of War sold 2.7M in it' s first 8 weeks.

Xbox 360 IPTV' d...

Finally, Bach and his henchfolk demoed the IP TV, which enables gamers to watch TV via their Xbox 360. Microsoft' s ambitious multimedia effort basically looks to circumvent traditional TV, enabling users to see TV via Microsoft' s Xbox Live service.

IP TV features include instant channel changing and improved channel browsing by permitting users to preview another show in the lower left hand corner of their screen while watching something else. Users can also watch the same TV show online while chatting with each other. IP TV will roll out by holiday 2007.

LINK

I wonder if we' ll get a weather channel!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Microsoft CES Keynote Details / Xbox 360 IPTV' d - Jan 08, 2007 19:45
10.4 million? hose fucks said 10 million gahg I feel lied to and betrayed...damn over-acheivers!

I dont fully get this IPTV thing...then again i didnt read what was contained within the linked page...sooo does anyone wanna give me a quick rundown? I mean I play my 360 on a tv and that tv already has um channels...and PIP...so I need to be quickly eductaed in this IPTV stuff... please.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Microsoft CES Keynote Details / Xbox 360 IPTV' d - Jan 09, 2007 06:34
Yea that is a tough one actually. If you' ve already got a decent TV package then there' s not much point to IPTV, unless you just prefer their browsing style/channels etc. A lot of people in the UK have HDTVs now but no HD service to use it for yet. IPTV would be an alternative to Sky for those already with 360s.

I think this IPTV stuff will work great on Vista. I don' t have a TV yet, so I have my 360 and PC hooked up together to my monitor. HD quality TV broadcast over the net is something I' d be interested in for sure (whether its through my 360 or if I buy Vista).

Obviously I' d buy into either/or and not both!
Nitro

RE: Microsoft CES Keynote Details / Xbox 360 IPTV' d - Jan 09, 2007 06:42
Mmmmm, i get Vista with a multi-user license....
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Microsoft CES Keynote Details / Xbox 360 IPTV' d - Jan 09, 2007 09:20

I dont fully get this IPTV thing...then again i didnt read what was contained within the linked page...sooo does anyone wanna give me a quick rundown? I mean I play my 360 on a tv and that tv already has um channels...and PIP...so I need to be quickly eductaed in this IPTV stuff... please.
It' s directed at people like me that get 85 channels of crap. If it wasn' t for Mythbusters, Mail Call, Comedy Central, and Family Guy I' d drop service. Of course, if they have a tech/gaming channel on IPTV then I' m instantly sold.

BTW. Extra fee for IPTV or is it bundled with Gold? (Crosses fingers)

How?
Nitro

RE: Microsoft CES Keynote Details / Xbox 360 IPTV' d - Jan 09, 2007 13:46

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

How?

All colleges and universities do.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Microsoft CES Keynote Details / Xbox 360 IPTV' d - Jan 10, 2007 05:45

BTW. Extra fee for IPTV or is it bundled with Gold? (Crosses fingers)

I' d bet that you' ll have to pay for it. At least as much as any other HD broadcast service. And they' ll probably charge you those ghey MS point things!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll