Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis to consoles...well yes
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 15, 2007 23:29
Apparently crysis flopped and sold around 80k,and UT3 around 30k.

The pc market is dying,and remember 80k out of those 2 billion who got a pc is around 0.000043 hilarious embarssing.

Consoles>pc.

Even pay/gaystation is better.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 15, 2007 23:51
Out of those 2 billion PCs maybe 5 million can run those games.

Anyway it' s not surprising, whens the last time you saw a commercial for a PC game?
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 00:21
The sims is one of a few pc games that actually sells a decent amount of copies. The Sims is garbage though.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 01:34

The sims is one of a few pc games that actually sells a decent amount of copies. The Sims is garbage though.

Not only because of the appeal to casual gamers, and more importantly women, but just as much because it is not an intensive game to run(PC spec wise), and thus, the majority of PC owners who use one of those PC clones can run it.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 02:03
Come to think of it, the only PC games commercial I have seen in years is World Of Warcraft, and thats doing well.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 02:27
The marketing for UT3 was pretty scarce. I never saw any commercials for it on TV. I even forgot to pre-order it and ended up getting it a few days after release at Target. And they only had the regular edition.
The game owns face though. I was thinking about starting my level this weekend if I have time.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 02:29
I saw a Company of Heroes ad a while back, and that game was awesome. Other than that, I have to agree with Emo.
Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 03:02
Like said above, pc games are pretty much never advertisted the way console games are. Besides that there' s just alot of good games that have come out recently espcially fps' s. I know i' d get UT3 in a second if i didn' t have like 5 other games that i' m playing right now.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 07:47
Videogame advertisement actually works?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 08:59
I dont mind if PC games aren' t popular. I' d prefer them to remain independent and experimental.

Games like Crysis can go shag EA and every console out there. They' re just generic multimillion budget fps' s or gmbfps for short. Bring me a gmbfpsmmorpg and I' ll be interested!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 09:56
NEEDS MORE GRAPHICS CRYTECH. FOCUS MORE ON THE GRAPHICS WITH CRYSIS 2.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 10:03

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

NEEDS MORE GRAPHICS CRYTECH. FOCUS MORE ON THE GRAPHICS WITH CRYSIS 2.

Crysis isn' t a bad game... it' s just not a fantastic game. Plus, so few people can play it on very high nevermind extreme... i think a lot of peole are hesitant because of the high system requirements.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 14:48

Crysis isn' t a bad game... it' s just not a fantastic game. Plus, so few people can play it on very high nevermind extreme... i think a lot of peole are hesitant because of the high system requirements.

Exactly, I saw a guy in line at Best Buy the other day when I was buying another Xbox. He had that, and a couple ps2 games(shadow of the collosus, and god of war). I felt like asking him if he knew how much it took to run the game well. Hopefully he ended up with a PC strong enough to support it.

I personally don' t currently have a PC strong enough to run Unreal or Crysis at the levels I want(they are great looking games, and deserve to be played as such). I could buy one sure, but I' m waiting like I usually do, until there are at least 5 games for PC I really really want to play, or when my consoles become very outdated compared to PC' s (graphically speaking). Whichever comes first.

As a side note, does anyone know if UT3 supports M&K for ps3, and if not, is it planned on being patched in? I saw it in the local game store the other day and couldn' t see any reference on the back, and with christmas crowds, didn' t feel like waiting to ask a sales person.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 14:54

Exactly, I saw a guy in line at Best Buy the other day when I was buying another Xbox. He had that, and a couple ps2 games(shadow of the collosus, and god of war).

At least he had two great games with him in case Crysis wasn' t playable. God of War for me is " meh" , but is a good game. Now Shadow of the Colossus... I wish there were more developers out there willing to try completely new stuff. I loved that game.
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 16:46
The MAIN reason why PC games tend to get out-sold is because of piracy...

There is a very large proportion of people who jsut DL a game, get a crack/serial and think they rock...they don' t.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 17:48
I have 150 PS2 games and I haven' t bought a single one of them
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 16, 2007 22:53
While im strongly against games bein dl I can fully understand you Ginj,not only does some games never come out here ( tales of legendia/baten kaitos 2) but its a fucking pain in the ass to wait 3-5 extra month,only to pay more too.

How can you say no to getting those games for free,and today?

Its hard.

Im not doing it on my 360 because I like to play with my friends online.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 17, 2007 01:13
Just so people can understand it, a game in denmark, either PS3 or 360, that has a standard price of 60$, costs 110$ to buy in Denmark. looking at those comparisons pisses me off.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Crysis to consoles...well yes - Dec 17, 2007 03:19
Taxtacular

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages