Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Want to use your keyboard & mouse, or your rubbish Dual Shock 2 to play 360 games?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Want to use your keyboard & mouse, or your rubbish Dual Shock 2 to play 360 games? - Nov 23, 2006 18:27
I love the 360' s pad and wouldn' t dream of using a Dual Shock 2, but keyboard and mouse, to control games?! Sounds promising to me...

LINK
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Want to use your keyboard & mouse, or your rubbish Dual Shock 2 to play 360 games? - Nov 23, 2006 19:07
Keyboard on 360?? Nice
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Want to use your keyboard & mouse, or your rubbish Dual Shock 2 to play 360 games? - Nov 23, 2006 19:27
Remains to be seen whether it works well or not. When you move a stick on a gamepad to control aim/camera, movement starts off slow and then accelerates. This does not translate well to a mouse where movement speed is relatively constant. Console games aren' t designed to be used with a mouse so sensitivity issues will be rampant.

This is one of the main reasons why Halo on PC sucked so bad. They used the same gamepad control scheme for mouse and keyboard, which was so unweildly and frustrating to use.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Want to use your keyboard & mouse, or your rubbish Dual Shock 2 to play 360 games? - Nov 24, 2006 22:34
Good point.

I didn' t think about that, but if developers just happened to insert a setting into their 360 game' s control schemes...

Almost more interesting than that though was their circulation fan on the same page.
Time to break out the security screws again.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll