Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Reggie Fils-Aime whines publically
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Reggie Fils-Aime whines publically - Nov 30, 2006 11:26

" I think a lot of the reviews [of Red Steel] have been overly critical," Fils-Aime said in an interview with MTV. " Does it take you a few minutes to get used to the control scheme? Yes. Once you get used to it does it play extremely well? Absolutely. I think a lot of those reviews are overly harsh. Just like the, what was it, the IGN review of Wii Sports. They' re negative on the graphics of the game, but we always said what the graphics would be. I think that' s people just being hypercritical."

Can you imagine the uproar if Ken Kutaragi used a television interview in order to whine about critics? Sounds like sour grapes from Reggie. Critics seem to be fairly consistent in noting that Red Steel seems to have written a check that it couldn' t afford to cash. Eat your liver, Reggie, and keep the whining to the boardroom. [:' (]
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Reggie Fils-Aime whines publically - Nov 30, 2006 12:40

Can you imagine the uproar if Ken Kutaragi used a television interview in order to whine about critics?

At least Reggie didn' t spit out crap that effected the company negatively before launch :P

But yeah, I think he is whining a little let the people decide if they want a game or not critics are not always correct just deal with it.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Reggie Fils-Aime whines publically - Nov 30, 2006 12:43
Perhaps he should have spent that extra time he used whining to develop a better game.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Reggie Fils-Aime whines publically - Nov 30, 2006 12:43
I think Red Steel was given bad reviews simply because people expected so much more out of the much touted " Wiimote" .

I' m sure the possibilities are great with the Wiimote but Red Steel certainly didn' t deliver on them. Certainly not the gaming " revolution" that was supposed to happen. Definitely sounds like sour grapes to me.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Reggie Fils-Aime whines publically - Nov 30, 2006 21:49

EDGE
Red Steel (Wii) - 5

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Reggie Fils-Aime whines publically - Nov 30, 2006 22:34
I wonder if he himself thinks the games are much fun.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Reggie Fils-Aime whines publically - Dec 01, 2006 05:14
Fun is his six-digit paycheck for advertising for Red Steel.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Reggie Fils-Aime whines publically - Dec 01, 2006 06:09
Well he should really have kept his mouth shut because making a point about it won' t to a damn bit of good.

Anyway Red Steel is doing well sales wise (so i' ve heard) so though its not good for HArdcore gamers, but casual gamers might find some enjoyment in the game it so no big deal.

As for Wii sports, why does he care. People buying the Wii don' t have a choice so even if it got a 2/10 its not gonna make a difference. There stuck withit crap graphics and all.

Reggies cool but he too needs to know when to keep his mouth shut.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll