Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2...
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 62
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 05, 2009 10:22
...according to David Reeves

He's relatively humble in this interview which makes a nice change. If the 1.1 million pre-orders he's talking about aren't just stock orders from retailers then it's obviously good news and the game's first year sales should be really healthy.

On another note, Killzone 2 supports custom soundtracks... so try playing it with the Quake II OST :)
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 00:01

On another note, Killzone 2 supports custom soundtracks... so try playing it with the Quake II OST :)

So, the Quake II OST is good then?

Anybody here pre-order KZ2?  I'll probably do it, but money's been tight, lately.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 00:09
$20 says the game doesn't sell 1 million in the first month.
Zarathustra

• Total Posts : 140
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 00:37
I have $10.00 that says that my Halo Wars will finish downloading before yours does Chef
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 00:51
Well I'm downloading the KZ demo right now. Guess I finally get to see what some of the buzz is all about. Well actually I guess i'll finad out late this evening or early tomorrow cause fuckn psn is the slowest fuckn thing in existance when it comes to d/ls.

Fear2 for example 30 minutes on live 5 hours on PSN. Of course you also only allowed to do so much while it downloads or it may just sit there til you're done. Why the fuck can't I watch a movie while it downloads?  Uhg...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 01:10

$20 says the game doesn't sell 1 million in the first month.

I'll take that bet.  You want to make it a 1000$?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 03:05
Johnny Jiron

Well I'm downloading the KZ demo right now. Guess I finally get to see what some of the buzz is all about. Well actually I guess i'll finad out late this evening or early tomorrow cause fuckn psn is the slowest fuckn thing in existance when it comes to d/ls.

Fear2 for example 30 minutes on live 5 hours on PSN. Of course you also only allowed to do so much while it downloads or it may just sit there til you're done. Why the fuck can't I watch a movie while it downloads?  Uhg...

Im starting to think youre retarded. You can do whatever you want while it downloads, on both consoles.
Johnny Jiron

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 07:51
Nope just /b/tarded...

Well here's the thing you can't do any online gaming or it will pause the download. Since most of my PS3 games are mostly online oriented well it sort of knocks them off the list.

Then When you put a blu-ray movie in for some reason it again pauses the download. I knwo this because I put one in paused the movie left for about an hour came back and checked the download only to find it hadn't budged a single percentage. So I guess that means no movies.

I could browse online but why use PS3 slow browser with a pc a mere 2 feet away?

I guess I could listen to music but then again that still doesnt fix the fact it takes several long hours to complete a download. I started the KZ demo at 2:30pm its now 1 am and its at 80%.  I would blame network congestion because really who isnt downloading this demo? However, its the same deal with almost every downlaod on PSN.

I never said the 360 couldnt multi-task a bit better. Tho you still can't download while playing online, which makes enough sence. Luckily tho downloads on the 360 are much much quicker so it's not a problem anyways. 

Anyways before making random poorly aimed remarks you may wanna re-read what I typed up there. It hasn't been altered. You can also go test this stuff out as well if you think I may be inaccurate with my assessment. 
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 08:32
The Halo Wars demo downloaded surprisingly slow today.  It was only going like 400.  usually I speedboost through downloads on xbl at like 2000
btw halo wars mp is going to rox
Zarathustra

• Total Posts : 140
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 08:47
Yeah, I played the hell out of the demo and I'm impressed. It really did impress me, the only RTS games that I have played was Rome Total War, and Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 10:40
I hope they add a Legendary difficulty for skirmish mode against the AI.  I beat it on Heroic my first try.  

Also, I wonder if you'll be able to play as the Flood.  I hope you can, it seems pretty obvious they'll be in the game considering the last cutscene in the demo.  
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 11:37
Hahaha... well apparently the 1.2 million pre-order figure is for Europe only...

CLICK

If the US figures are similar then it already rivals Halo 2 and Gears in terms of units pre-sold. What it sells in it's first 48hrs on shelves should be interesting.
Johnny Jiron

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 16:42
I wonder if there is any significant amount that will cancel there pre-order as they just wanted to try out the demo. I considered it but I replayed the demo a few times more and will probably keep it as I really wanna give the MP a go.

My only peeve to come out of this demo is that the supposed massive amount of death animations and "sopt on bullet hit reactions" seem like utter nonsence. Maybe its very vry subtle but the variotion between death animations is very very hard to notice. Well actually I did notice the 'spin death' one pop up many times. Even if I didn't hit the guy in the shoulder. Then there's that guy you kill just prior to picking up the rocket launcher. He's off in the distance and it seems no matter how you shoot him, he will set himself up to fall over the sid ein dramitic fashion. 

I mean its a small peeve and far from a deal breaker. I was just hoping we would get a shooter that would drop repeated canned animations. 

Also I didnt notice much if any enviromental destruction at all. Even some walls wouldnt take bullet hole damage.

Well I guess one its just a demo and two i'm just nitpicking. It seems like a very solid shooter. One that may have a mediocre single player that will be quickly forgotten as more time is put in online. Which is true of most if not all FPS games.

At the very least, it sure is purdy.

EDIT: BTW the download took a total of 12 hours...is it just my connection with PSN or is this the norm for most? Marketplace downloads are real quick no matter the popularity of the title the size or the time of day.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Feb 06, 2009 17:05>
immortaldanmx

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 16:56
locopuyo

I hope they add a Legendary difficulty for skirmish mode against the AI.  I beat it on Heroic my first try.  

Also, I wonder if you'll be able to play as the Flood.  I hope you can, it seems pretty obvious they'll be in the game considering the last cutscene in the demo.

Yes, there is an achievement for beating the game on Legendary.

And Im doubting that these numbers are preorders, now. No PS3 game has done these numbers, hell, it took MGS4 7 months to get to a million. Perhaps its retail orders, as you said.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 23:04
Johnny Jiron

EDIT: BTW the download took a total of 12 hours...is it just my connection with PSN or is this the norm for most? Marketplace downloads are real quick no matter the popularity of the title the size or the time of day.

It's gotta be your connection. It doesn't take me more than 2 hours to download anything from the PSN... and I am in Panama, a third-world country with piece of shit internet lines.
Johnny Jiron

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 06, 2009 23:55
yeah I'm bout to call up support or something to see whats up with it. I mean this is pretty ridiculous. It only has issues with the store, online gameplay is perfectly fine.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 07, 2009 00:02
Is it just me or are the controls in the demo a bit weird? Had a hard time aiming, it feels different compared to say CoD5. Overall, after playing the demo several times I have to say that graphically it's definitely the best looking console game out there. If you thought that Gears 2 looked great, KZ2 is 5-10% above THAT. Which doesn't mean that it looks perfect: textures have their flaws and I have seen better water (and watter effects) years ago, however details like the particle effects and especially the animations are just stunning.
Also I liked that the demo was pretty diversified. In 10 minutes you are running through trenches, blowing shit up and are also having some nice fire-fights inside a building. I hope the whole campaign is going to be that varied!
As for the gameplay I think it's pretty decent. It seems pretty balanced and the normal difficulty already offered enough of a challenge. You also have a "real" cover system which is a nice addition even though it didn't work so well for me sometimes because a few objects that seemed like they would be great cover just couldn't be used as cover. 

Overall I think that KZ2 is great. I have been very sceptical ever since the game was first shown but the demo changed my mind. KZ2 is definitely going to be the best exclusive PS3 shooter. I am not sure if it's better than CoD4, but it definitely beats Resistance, as well as any other shooter that has been released on the plattform so far. Can't wait until it's released
Johnny Jiron

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 07, 2009 00:23
I used the alternate 1 control setup. I don't but I went and replayed it just now, but is it just me or does it seem like periphreal veiw is very very limited...

I didnt know what was bothering me last night, but I'm thinking its that. or something to do with the view itself that just seems a tad off.
immortaldanmx

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 07, 2009 02:11
Evilkiller

Had a hard time aiming, it feels different compared to say CoD5.

Thats the shitty PS3 sticks.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 07, 2009 02:33
Me and my brother are two of those who ordered it after playing the demo :)
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 62

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message