Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Eternal Sonata
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Eternal Sonata - Oct 21, 2007 05:27
I bought it yesterday, does anyone else have it?
It' s a great looking game, screenshots simply don' t do the game any justice at all.
It looks magical, like a dream, which makes sense really ;).
I haven' t played much since I' ve only had it for a day but so far everything has been great. If you like japanese RPG' s then this is simply a must buy. If you like good design then that also makes this a must buy.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 Oct 07 21:38:40 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Eternal Sonata - Oct 21, 2007 05:37
i just ordered the game today , hope i won' t be disapointed...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Eternal Sonata - Oct 21, 2007 06:35
Are the battles real-time or turn-based?? If the battles are turn-based then I' ll be avoiding it like the plague
ginjirou

RE: Eternal Sonata - Oct 21, 2007 07:34
It' s turn based, one person at a time gets to do stuff.
But when it' s your turn you directly control the character so you can run and fight freely, however it' s only during a limited amount of time.
The time you have, how the time decreases and other things will change throughout the game to keep the fighting challenging.
You should check some video reviews to see how it works.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Eternal Sonata - Oct 21, 2007 08:37
During combat, at the beginning, you have quite a bit of time to move across the battlefield to the monster and hit him as many times as you can. The further you progress in the game, the less time you will get to attack so this does make the combat rather challenging later on in the game.

Another great aspect of the combat that I like, is the fact that light on the battlefield plays into the combat as well. Your character will have some different attacks when they are in the light, compared to what you will have to work with when you are in the shadows. Same goes for the monsters. They will change their look completely when in the light and when in the shadows. This also affects the way you choose to plan out your attacks during combat.

I have only played the demo, but from the demo I think that this game is fantastic. It looks gorgeous, and the combat IMHO is great. Just haven' t had the time nor money to pick this one up yet.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Eternal Sonata - Oct 21, 2007 17:06
Been thinking about renting it for a while now. The only copy Blockbuster has is just sitting there every time I go in(same with all 6 copies of Blue Dragon that never move off the shelves), and if it wasn' t for the fact that I' m moving, and then buying all the great november games, I wouldn' t hesitate. The problem is. When I play an RPG, I like to play it through, without playing many other games to interupt it. Which is why I will beat CoD4, Assasins Creed and Uncharted before touching Mass Effect. I know once I start that game, I won' t stop.
Kikizos Troll

• Total Posts : 60
RE: Eternal Sonata - Oct 21, 2007 17:18
I' m not really into fighting style games, let alone turn based games, and the only reason is I like alot of fast action in my game... but wut do i kno, I' m a Troll
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Eternal Sonata - Oct 22, 2007 00:14
Sonybot Ginjrou failed again.
ginjirou

RE: Eternal Sonata - Oct 22, 2007 02:18
Oh nooooo! I failed! Nooo, noooo NOOOOO!!!!!!
Oh divine spirits save me, for the ultimate being Quez has spoken the truth!
I will forever be in darkness unless he turns to his forgiving self and lends me his strength to better myself.
Oh all-knowing Quez! Show me the light, the way to salvation and I shall worship you and all your might until the end of days!
And I shall spread your words across the world until thy yellow body is worshipped and depicted in every religious organisation!
The fate of the world lies in your hands Quez, please show us mercy!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Eternal Sonata - Oct 22, 2007 07:21
Stop pretending biatch.

And btw im playing the game right now,im at chapter 4,its like a better baten kaitos,while the existalism parts discussion of it is intresting,and the artistic design is superb much of it feels like a good rpg,and thats about it nothinbg more nothing less.
ginjirou

RE: Eternal Sonata - Oct 22, 2007 18:22
Eternal Sonata is better than Blue Dragon. Period
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 22 Oct 07 10:23:28 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages