Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes
Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 105
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 18:40
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/10/17/littlebigplanet-has-global-recall-for-qur-an-quote/1

Heh, what is the world coming to... durka...

Heres the actual audio file : http://mt14.quickshareit.com/share/preview/soundclip22503c0.wav

I'm offended!
<message edited by choupolo on Oct 17, 2008 18:43>
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 18:47
Um, why? The 2 quotes arent really overtly religious.

"Every soul shall have the taste of death" and "All that is on earth will perish."

Durka indeed.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 19:31
Apparently it's something to do with Muslims finding quotes from the Qur'an offensive when mixed with music. So Edge think anyway.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 20:18
i'm a muslim and i'll tell you what i think , this is the most rediculous shit ever .
first of all, when i hear the news i thought WTF, i thought i'll be hearing some verses of the quran IN ARABIC playing with a pop song. in that case, i'll be offended.

however, i can't understand a damn thing of what he's saying, it's clearly not arabic and that alone should not count as verse from quran. a trnaslation doesn't mean shit to us, we only respect one version of the quran, in arabic.

look at the sentences, those could be said by anybody,  yes it is similar to some verses of the quran, but that doesn't mean anyting, for exemple in the quran we can easily find a stence like "those who believe in god" .... so should we ban the use of this sentence in pop culture because it's quoted in the quran ? what kind of ignorance is that ? i really hope that some stupid extremists will ignore it, usually they are the source of embrassement to islam.
Abasoufiane

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 20:30
update

Thanks to this article, i can finaly understand what he was saying exactly, indeed he sings in arabic (with a horrible horrible accent), and you can find the same two sentences in the coran BUT it's still far fetched. it's not a verse, it's a regular sentence that can be said by anybody BUT used in the coran, we're not going to copyright the arabic language are we??? 

http://kotaku.com/5065106/nsiders-letter-to-sony-and-media-molecule-re-quran-references
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 21:02
Hubuhibbidibibbidywhat!?

This makes absolutely no sense. The content could have easily been patched and replaced, and little to no cost to Sony. If they're replacing disks, it's going to be bloody expensive for them.

Anyway, I find all this funny. It's an enormous deal when the Qur'an is sung... and yet there's no call from the greater Islamic community (or whomever Sony is pandering to here) for games that blatantly encourage drinking, gambling, promiscuous sexual activity, or graphic sadistic violence to be removed. Nor was there an instant, continent wide apologetic recall when the Church of England declared Resistance's setting in a church to be blasphemous.

Double standards abound.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Oct 17, 2008 21:08>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 21:03
I'm not the surprised. In Youtube anyone posting a video with quotes from the Quran end up watching their videos being taken down due to false DMCA claims.  Even users have had their accounts suspended for the same reason.  I understand that these people are "extremists" but there are many of them. 

Holy shit, it's being pushed back to Nov. 14th. I expected a few days, not a few weeks.  This is going to be good.  Think of the all the anti Islam levels users will create.  Christians and Muslims will be so busy censoring each other no one will pay any attention to the guy making the level with the huge fucking BONG.  Best part, this is only in Europe.  Land of the misplaced rights.  Have fun with that suckers. 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 17, 2008 21:09>
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 21:32
It's Europe... who would give two shits if someone made a bong again?
Agent Ghost

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 21:41
Don't be naive.  They're going to flag the shit out of my level.

Fuck it's delayed in NA too.  Only a week, but still.  All's I got to say is "thank you Jesus for Fable 2".  Fucking assholes.  I hate how people think they have a right to not be offended.  You don't, fuck you.  SCEE needs to get some balls.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 17, 2008 22:00>
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 21:44
Eddie_the_Hated

It's Europe... who would give two shits if someone made a bong again?

Well they do have a tendency to ban stupid shit in Germany....
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 22:16
Thats fine with me actually sence it gives me an extra week to spread my money. Already picking up Fable and Far Cry 2 that day.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 22:31
Why would anyone be offended, they could have verse from the Quran or the bible sung with a Satanic Elvis dancing by the side.

I was at Marilyn Manson concert where he tore up the bible from his stand. He was lucky he didnt pick the Quran because someone would have off'd him by now.

In anycase id wipe my ass with any religious text as long as it isnt historic original documents.

:D
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 22:31
The funny thing is, if someone like Aba, a normal Muslim guy who knows arabic, can't instantly get what the significance of the lyrics were, then what are the chances that 1) 'extremist' 2)arabic speaking muslims will 3) play LittleBigPlanet, 4) associate the song with verses of the Quran (that can just as easily be taken as everyday assertions, rather than copyrighted holy phrases) and 5) organise a demonstration in the streets with 'kill the infidel' signs.....?

People just think Muslims are idiots nowadays (albeit because of a lot of muslim idiots blowing stuff up).  But Sony delaying LBP for something like this is more insulting than listening to Quranic rap while making a sack swing through a safari... no matter how shit the notion of Quranic rap sounds!

Anyway, LBP is delayed and thats the worst part.

Abasoufiane

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 23:05
Thank you choupolo, this shit is beyond stupid and i really don't appreciate when some muslims make all the fuss about it it's embrassing.

seriously when i read the news , i imagined sony put some genuine arabic verses and mixed it with some  pop music for an arabic "ambiance" i was like wtf not again... in that case i would say ban that shit...

let me put it to you all that way, Islam for us, curan , the prophete are very cheriched, sacred, respected , it's part of our identity and something we're very proud to have, almost like the best thing we have left. you attack that, and certain people, not extremist, have the urge to defend them as they would if you attack their families.. if somebody talks shit about your mother, in most cases , you wanna break that motherfucker's face, well except if it's Torr's mom, then you're definitly safe Torr doesn't care.

When you guys hear you're own country is being slammed even by words, you certainly won't give a friendly welcome. some people have the motherland , some get attached to even monuments, some to their countries  and some to their religion.
Agent Ghost

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 23:17
You know what, I'm not buying LBP.  I'm going to EB games tomorrow to cancel my pre-order (actually it's even pre-paid).  Fuck 'em.  Sony doesn't deserve my money if they're going to pussy out on this.  I refuse to support a publisher that treat their customers with such disrespect.  Never have I seen such cowardice.  

Eventually people will fully grasp the concept of free speech...
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 18, 2008 01:10>
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 23:26
As we would say in Denmark, they're afraid of another Mohammedcrisis
Agent Ghost

Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 17, 2008 23:57
It's not Sony's responsibility.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 00:52

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

seriously when i read the news , i imagined sony put some genuine arabic verses and mixed it with some  pop music for an arabic "ambiance" i was like wtf not again... in that case i would say ban that shit...

And that would accomplish... what?

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

let me put it to you all that way, Islam for us, curan , the prophete are very cheriched, sacred, respected , it's part of our identity and something we're very proud to have, almost like the best thing we have left. you attack that, and certain people, not extremist, have the urge to defend them as they would if you attack their families.. if somebody talks shit about your mother, in most cases , you wanna break that motherfucker's face, well except if it's Torr's mom, then you're definitly safe Torr doesn't care.

When you guys hear you're own country is being slammed even by words, you certainly won't give a friendly welcome. some people have the motherland , some get attached to even monuments, some to their countries  and some to their religion.

Nope.  I don't wanna break a motherfucker's face for talking shit.  See, that's the problem with Muslim extremists.  They believe in retaliation.  An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.  No one is pure and innocent, so this mentality just encourages violence toward your fellow man.

It's funny, because the eye for an eye thing is REALLY taken advantage of.  If someone talks shit, you have a right to break their face?  No.  You have a right to talk shit back.  That's it!  It's like when that political cartoonist drew a cartoon involving Mohammed.  People wanted him dead!  Dead, for Christ's sake!  An eye for an eye says that you have the right to draw a cartoon that insults him.  Not kill the guy!  An eye for an eye implies equal retaliation (which is also lawless and moronic, but...)

People just need to stop being pussies, and realize that you will not go your whole life, and not be offended by other, as Agent has already pointed out.  There are far greater things to get worked up about.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 00:57

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 18, 2008 03:09
Crap, now my uncensored copy of the game is worth MILLIONS!

Muslims are way too uptight about this kind of shit (not all Muslims of course, but way too many of them).   This is approaching PETA level, here.
Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 105

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message