Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ..::The End?::..
Bling

• Total Posts : 67
..::The End?::.. - Oct 06, 2004 08:33
is it really the end for metal gear solid?
there a lort of question unaswered
what happened to snake and otacon?
what happened to ocelot/liquid?
what happened to raiden and rosemary?
what happened to emma' s bird?

what you think?
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: ..::The End?::.. - Oct 06, 2004 13:21
What are you talking about?
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: ..::The End?::.. - Oct 06, 2004 15:34
are you kidding?!?! MGS cant be over. what about Butterknife Bager or Hamstring pull Chimpmunk? i was told that those were the new MGS Villans!!! i know that this Snake Eater game is not the last one because they have Acid coming out, so how can this be the last one if they TOLD us they are coming out with antoher one?
Bling

• Total Posts : 67
RE: ..::The End?::.. - Oct 06, 2004 18:11
Yea,but you know metal gear acid is for the psp right?
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: ..::The End?::.. - Oct 06, 2004 18:25
yes.

but there is STILL a MGS coming out. and all the hard work he put into those games, you think he will say" that is a wrap guys, thanks for coming" ? HELL NO. he has not touched on the end of S of L with the Partiots. i fail to see how you even thought that MGS will not be made any more Bling.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: ..::The End?::.. - Oct 06, 2004 19:07
its a major franchise, and one of konamis gems. ending it would be catastrophic.

kojima once mentioned that sons of liberty would be the last MGS installment that HE would direct. honestly id rather see it end than it being taken over by some other guy. MGS IS Kojima. i wouldnt have it any other way/
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: ..::The End?::.. - Oct 06, 2004 23:06
Hmmmm...it would probably be best for the story if there were no more MGS games. They just keep getting weirder and weirder.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: ..::The End?::.. - Oct 07, 2004 00:38
I doubt MGS3 will be the end. Hopefully it will answer some of the questions raised by MGS2 somehow because that game was just over-confusing. The next Metal Gear Solid title which isn' t on a hand-held will probably be on next-gen consoles anyway so if no questions are answered there is going to be one hell of a long time to wait before we do get some answers.
Mikey G

• Total Posts : 70
RE: ..::The End?::.. - Oct 07, 2004 01:28
First of all, Snake Eater probably won' t be the last of the MGS franchise, and secondly I think metal gear acid is a stupid idea. Why would they make it a card game when the whole point is stealth and controlling your characters actions? Seems to me so far that they are just using the title to get some cash. Plus, I think too much innovation can be a bad thing sometimes, (*cough* DS *cough*) .
DoakSim3

• Total Posts : 2
RE: ..::The End?::.. - Oct 07, 2004 01:45
The way I see it, Metal Gear Solid 3 will be the last Metal Gear *Solid* game, but by no means the last Metal Gear game (see Metal Gear Acid).

I seem to remember reading that Kojima had " originally planned Metal Gear Solid to be a trilogy" . I doubt he had that plan in mind when making MGS for PlayStation, but - like the Wachowski brothers and The Matrix series - he ended up with a trilogy.

With MGS3 being a somewhat different direction for the MGS series so far, it is not unreasonable to assume that there are plans to further expand the range of the Metal Gear series after MGS3 - once again see Metal Gear Acid - so they don' t want to be tied to certain public expectations with the name " Metal Gear Solid" .

After all, there were two Metal Gear games before Metal Gear Solid, so maybe the next game will be Metal Gear 4, if we take the entire of the Metal Gear Solid series as Metal Gear 3.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll