Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Internet Explorer Problems
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
Internet Explorer Problems - Dec 19, 2005 15:27
Okay, so I' ve not been around for a few days becuase of some problems. I think I picked up a virus Saturday and basically when I tried to fix it I buggered up my PC. basically webpages load but most come up with an error warning me the webpage cant be loaded (even though it already has!) then re-directs me to a dead page. I tried runnign virus software, reinstalling windows and explorer to no luck. So for now I' m using Firefox.

Anyway, if anyone has some tips *please* help. Cheers
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Internet Explorer Problems - Dec 19, 2005 22:29
Tip #1 thru infinity - STICK WITH FIREFOX!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Internet Explorer Problems - Dec 20, 2005 00:44
Reinstall Windows XP if you wish to keep using IE! :)
whatabout_paul

RE: Internet Explorer Problems - Dec 20, 2005 06:36
Once I got hold of an XP CD that was the first thing I did. System restore now works when it didn' t before... but all my restore points have been wiped. But explorer still comes up with the same ' error' which I am incresingly thinking is an error. Of course the final drastic step would be to re-start the PC from scratch but wouldn' t enjoy having to re-install all my games and everything...

Firefox is ok but I don' t like the ' bookmarks' . I want an Explorer like button at the top to open is instead of having to press Ctrl + B.
shade

• Total Posts : 77
RE: Internet Explorer Problems - Dec 20, 2005 18:08
Stick with firefox pal. Im posting this from my PSP. I feel so 21st century! Whoot Whoot!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Internet Explorer Problems - Dec 21, 2005 22:33
if you don' t like firefox you could try opera http://www.opera.com which is also free. I like it better.
As for your internet exploder problem you' ll probably have to do a complete format.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Internet Explorer Problems - Dec 22, 2005 07:13
Try disabling/uninstall Javascript just to see if it' s a Java based malware and not a virus. You said that your computer didn' t detect any virus or you think it' s a virus? See if that works. As far as not being able to reinstall windows? Yeah, that sounds like a virus to me. Lemme guess, you' re at the blue screen and it says that this file can' t be found or installed right? Well, starting from scratch isn' t so bad at least the computer still works.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Internet Explorer Problems - Dec 24, 2005 16:42

Firefox is ok but I don' t like the ' bookmarks' . I want an Explorer like button at the top to open is instead of having to press Ctrl + B.

I don' t press Ctrl+B to open my bookmarks (never did) - there is the word " Bookmark" at the top or you can choose just the bookmark icon at the top, or both if you want.

Give Firefox 1.5 a try - it' s great.
whatabout_paul

RE: Internet Explorer Problems - Dec 24, 2005 17:30
I had my genius PC friend come round to my house today. After a bit of poking around he managed to install Microsoft Anti-Spyware on oy ' fake' version of Windows XP as well as Windows OneCare. Basically they found a load of viruses AdAware and CC Cleanup managed to miss. And after some regestry edeting my PC was working as normal with Internet Explorer working at 100%

I suggest you get Microsoft Anti-Spyware as it is truly great.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll