Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What kind of crap device is this?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 26, 2007 23:10
SIDEKICK
DEMO

I can' t believe the stuff they try to sell nowadays.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 01:25
I' ve seen these in real life and theye were adults using them. Some people will buy anything.

Seriously, just get a Blackberry.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 02:46
lmao, that looks retarded. I just got a new phone yesterday. Motorolo W385. It is almost as thin as the Razr and only half as wide. I likes it. I' ll never use my phone for crazy blackberry stuff so it is perfect for me.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 03:06

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

lmao, that looks retarded. I just got a new phone yesterday. Motorolo W385. It is almost as thin as the Razr and only half as wide. I likes it. I' ll never use my phone for crazy blackberry stuff so it is perfect for me.

I was looking into getting that, I have a razr but I' ve always thought its too wide.
Nitro

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 04:28

ORIGINAL: emofag

I was looking into getting that, I have a razr but I' ve always thought its too wide.

I had a V3i last year that i replaced with a Z8, a phone i' ve hardly used because i don' t like the yellow/green shit on it. I have an LG Chocolate, an LG Shine and the Z8 which i don' t use, and i have a Sony Ericsson S500i and a BlackBerry 8800 which i have with me at all times.

It' s like ginjirou said though, ...the Nokia N95 is pretty kick ass so i might end up getting one of those yet.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 06:20
I dunno about you guys but I have one phone.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 07:53
yeah wtf lol, I only have one too.
Nitro

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 08:05
I don' t need more than one, i just happen to have more than one.

I bough the Chocolate and Shine because they looked great. Neither are very functional and both are a pain in the ass to use, hence my not using them.

I got the Z8 on a whim, immediately regretted it but didn' t take it back because i thought it' d grow on me. It hasn' t.

The S500i is the only phone i use as a phone and i only use my BlackBerry when i don' t have my laptop with me. I like to have 24 hour internet access and hate being tied to a desktop PC.

My 8800 costs £50 a month though...
ginjirou

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 11:18
You own a S500i? Wow, RESPECT!
Nitro

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 21:04

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

You own a S500i? Wow, RESPECT!

At first i figured it was probably being positioned as a womans phone (i thought the same thing about the Shine) but after going and checking it out i cam away convinced i had one of the best phones on the market.

There' s Walkman version i think but i' ve only seen it in matte grey which i' m not keen on.

You like phones dude, what do you own?
ginjirou

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 22:21
I' m relatively interested in phones and the fact that my bro is a manager in a store that sell phones helps me get info and good deals
I' m rather picky with my phones as I want them to offer advanced technology with simple UI with really good design. But I usually don' t like the phones that are being marketed as design phones. They' re either too weak or simply too uber-designed. And I want my phone to have a cool attitude.
Nokia makes really powerful and good looking phones with timeless design but they' re so GODDAMN boring!!!

Right now I' m using the Sony Ericsson W850i which is a really excellent phone in every way. It was the design that made me buy it, more specifically it was
THIS VIDEO
I would' ve gotten the W950i if it wasn' t for the lack of a camera.
But I' m going to buy the W960i once it' s out since it' s better in every way.
Things that the W960 has that the W850 doesn' t have includes, but is not limited to:
Turbo-3G, WLAN, touch-screen, 8GB HDD, the Opera web browser, 3.2 mp camera with auto-focus, as well as a couple of common touch-screen applications in symbian OS like document editors and stuff.
And after I get it I' m getting the Sony Ericsson GPS headphone accessory.

It' s going to kick ass!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 27 Aug 07 14:30:23 >
Nitro

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 27, 2007 22:28
Hahaha, very cool.

Just know that it was on your advice that i bought the S500i. If the battery explodes and takes my hand off or scars my pretty face or something then i' ll have to kill you...

Silentbomber

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 28, 2007 00:42
next phone I buy, I will just blindly buy whatever Ginj tells me.

Unless he has horrible taste.
ginjirou

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 28, 2007 01:25
I' ve got great taste
But don' t listen to me, everyone has different taste, just check reviews at sites like
www.gsmarena.com
and make up your own mind.

Whatever you do DON' T listen to the guys in the stores. And always make sure to haggle some nice accessories when you buy a new phone
And take as much of their time as you can. In the end they' ll be desperate to sell something just to justify the amount of time spent on a single customer, so you should be able to convince them to add a memory card and a better headset or whatever.
People think buying stuff on the Internet is cheaper LOL. They' ve never tried buying stuff from sucker salesmen
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 27 Aug 07 17:26:24 >
Nitro

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 30, 2007 16:42
8GB N95 in black...

It looks much nicer than the silver version.
ginjirou

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Aug 30, 2007 23:12
Very nice. The best phone on the market becomes even better. I' d buy it if it wasn' t for the usual Nokia style.
I just can' t stand their design. And their UI isn' t very fun to use either even though it' s very good.
WLAN, 3G and GPS are really strong sides of the N95 that I guess you would be interested in. And of course the multimedia capabilities but since you probably have an iPod you could probably just go with the regular version. But if you want to ditch the iPod (yay!) then the 8GB version is great.
And you' ll get the better battery, bigger screen, and more RAM.
The drawbacks are no lens cover and no memory card slot but I can' t see those features being missed by many people.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Sep 01, 2007 07:24
Whats your opinion on Helios, Ginj? I know next to nothing about phones.
ginjirou

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Sep 01, 2007 07:46
Do you mean Helio? I don' t know shit about them as I' ve never seen anything from them in Sweden. I think they only have business in the US or something.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Sep 01, 2007 07:48
yeah, sorry, fogot the ' before the s. Gamestop/EB carry them now which piqued my interest.
Silentbomber

RE: What kind of crap device is this? - Sep 01, 2007 09:12
When buying these phones you always have to make sure it isnt fragile, you know mobiles hit the floor/toliet hard allot. its gotta withstand that, even if it has 2 screens and the deeds to somebodys house inside, I just cant buy something that I know will break later in the year.

Unlike my trusty Nokia 6230i, its been through hell and back!
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 1 Sep 07 1:14:06 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread