Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 19, 2008 03:32
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 19, 2008 04:05
Game looks f*cking horrible. The trailer was terrible. I' ve been bitching at my friend at Midway all day about it. MK = dead. It' s going to be rated Teen and fatalities have been pulled from it. F*ck that.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 19, 2008 04:37
Wai, whuh, what?

Why would a person play a Teen rated Mortal Kombat without fatalities, or any real violence to speak of? The DC premise has a lot of value, but if they' re going to skimp out to appeal to the mainstream, shame on them.

The trailer looks okay, but you only saw a couple quick shots with a bunch of crap superimposed in front of it. Judgment withheld until I see some more media.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 18 Apr 08 20:41:54 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 19, 2008 06:19
My dreams of pulling the Joker' s spine and eating it have been shattered
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 19, 2008 12:35

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

Game looks f*cking horrible. The trailer was terrible. I' ve been bitching at my friend at Midway all day about it. MK = dead. It' s going to be rated Teen and fatalities have been pulled from it. F*ck that.

Hah. MK has been dead and buried for a long time. UMK3 was the last good thing to ever have had the MK name. Everything subsequent was trash.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 19, 2008 14:29
This game has a lot of potential, if Midway can pull it off.

Rampage, I highly doubt that this game will be without fatalities. Fatalities are indeed a staple to this franchise and they would be retarded to remove them from the game.

Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 19, 2008 15:43
They have removed them basically...

They may say that they will have fatality like moves, but they are not going to be the style we are used to. I mean, I am sure DC wouldn' t allow them to take their characters and have them get their body parts broken and/or ripped, etc...

I read in another link that they are aiming for less than an M rating, and I really can' t see a proper fatality in a T rated game.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 19, 2008 15:50

They may say that they will have fatality like moves, but they are not going to be the style we are used to. I mean, I am sure DC wouldn' t allow them to take their characters and have them get their body parts broken and/or ripped, etc...

I read in another link that they are aiming for less than an M rating, and I really can' t see a proper fatality in a T rated game.

Really???
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 19, 2008 18:29

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Wai, whuh, what?

Why would a person play a Teen rated Mortal Kombat without fatalities, or any real violence to speak of? The DC premise has a lot of value, but if they' re going to skimp out to appeal to the mainstream, shame on them.

How would pulling out the fatalities appeal to the mainstream? MK' s only attraction has always been the fatalities. Pulling them out would only appeal to...

ummm..
let' s see...

No one. MK - fatalities = stillborn game.

They obviously will have some sort of over-the-top finishers, or they' ll alienate their fanbase completely.
What is a " fatality like move" anyway? That' s what I' m wondering.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 19 Apr 08 10:44:02 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 20, 2008 02:30

What is a " fatality like move" anyway? That' s what I' m wondering.

You hit a certain button combo, and suddenly a 3D model of a DC Comics freelance artist comes staggering in and quickly sketches out an image of a fatality. Then he gets docked some pay because he took too long to do it, and collapses from malnutrition.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 20, 2008 02:54
With no finishers, so we beat the opponent to death.
We' ll just have to wait fall to find out, from the intro shown, there isn' t much to say so far.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Apr 20, 2008 03:18

How would pulling out the fatalities appeal to the mainstream? Pulling them out would only appeal to...

Adolescents and Teenagers
Concerned Parents
Comic book purists

Put concisely, the demographic who keep watered-down shovelware on the market.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll