Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Mass Effect retrospective, Mass Effect 2 - Nov 29, 2007 23:37
Now parts of this will be in Abus thread, and some parts wont.

Here are my complaints after completing the game. Its definetly the best game for me this year, but it doesnt mean its perfect. I wont go into the technical details, the bugs, framerate and texture pop ups are ofcourse obvious.

- The mini games are thin and pretty needless. If they were going to make a mini game they could atleast have made a bit of an effort and went the way Oblivion does the lockpicking. Pressing a combination of buttons in sequence is dumb beyond reason, id rather it was an invisble die roll.

- Mini games when surveying minerals is even even worse, there is no conseqeunce when failing why not just have it be a success instantly?

-Unmapped planets are hardly more than a textured noise map, there are no landmarks, such as rivers, craters, rocks.

-Mapped planets are straight and narrow corridor, could have been more open, they are intresting to look at though.

-Meaningless collection quests? why mine minerals and search for different scriptures and medals, as far as i know it does nothing, if it would onlly unlock a rare item of some kind it could be considered worth it.

-Uninspiring bases and research stations, an effort could have been made to make the different bases for the extra missions seem to have a real purpose, ínstead of just being littered with boxes and crates. The layout did work fine for some nice shoot outs though it doesnt mean they have to be bland.

-I dislike the inventory system, im not sure why, i think id prefer seeing a return of the system from earlier Bioware titles, so you cant carry as much as you want, have to do some inventory management, this would allow you to up the sell price of items. Also when you pick up an upgrade which is better than one you currently hard, auto convert to Omni gel for the lesser item would be good, maybe gui to help you decide what rules you want for it.

-Merchants have nothing i want. i bought 3 items during the course of the game, finished with over 2.000.0000 credits

I can think of more right now, though im sure there is.

Now what would i like from Mass Effect 2!

-It would be cool to meet some races from the terminus systems, some hostile invasion from them, the Geth were pussies, reminder me of the drones from starwars.

-More biotics, need new powers and some of the powers in ME are way overpowered. i could use Singularity and wipe everything out. Maybe some power bolts ot shoot, time slow. ground erruptions.

-More weapons, and they shouldnt look all the same. All pistols in ME are the same except for texture. Where are my rockets?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll