Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why wait for revolution?
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
Why wait for revolution? - Apr 11, 2006 12:05
Gyromice have been around for years, i' ve even had one in the past, and it' s not the greatest thing to use for fps, but you will see that this fall.

http://www.gyration.com/en-US/Products.htm
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Why wait for revolution? - Apr 11, 2006 13:23
No doubt gyration technology has been around for a long time but it has never been used b4 in game consoles..Also i m really excited to find out how exactly nintendo plans to use it..It might not be an ideal solution for FPS games but in other generes i feel it can be used quite creatively...ofcourse it all depends on the developers...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Why wait for revolution? - Apr 11, 2006 21:40
It' s not the same technology.

All you have to do is read the Red Steel report in Game Informer and any fears you have about Revolutions control method will simply melt away.

Excepts from my blog...

Aiming with the controller is as simple as using a laser pointer. You point your hand at a target and hit the trigger on the underside of the controller to fire

Thanks to the improved reaction that the controller offers, the team can create gunfight scenerios that would be extraordinarily diffilcult with a standard controller.

Most console FPS games limit their enemies to horizontal planes to prevent player frustration, but targets on a verticle plane are just as easy to hit with the Revolution controller.

While you can quickly shoot enemies anywhere on screen, Red Steel never feels in a light-gun game - this is a true FPS, one that feels like it has drawn from the best of both the PC and console shooter worlds

Game Informer say that they found Red Steel most enjoyable to play while standing up. Straffing is extremely easy and effortless and aiming felt similar to using a PC mouse, and it' s possible to quickly explore every direction in a three-dimensional space with quick gestures

I think it will work just fine for a whole host of game types. Then for the ones that don' t require the Revmote, you will be able to use the shell controller.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 11 Apr 06 13:41:47 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Why wait for revolution? - Apr 11, 2006 22:50
Touch screens have been around even longer and Nintendo made them awesome by combining them with games.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Why wait for revolution? - Apr 11, 2006 23:27
I think this technology will work out great for games, especially if they find a way to create some sort of way to let YOU move the character (a pad similar to DDR perhaps?). All in all, Im very excited as a FPS fan for the Revolution, which is more than I can say for the PS3.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Why wait for revolution? - Apr 12, 2006 01:48
it' s a wait and see thing. we' ve done alot of waiting and a lot of seeing, but other than that not alot of people have really had any hands on with it. i think it' s going to be one of those systems that either you lvoe it or you hate it...not like x-box or playstation where you can adapt and get used to the controls and learn to bear with it.

with the new nintendo system, some will try it and never touch it again and others will swear by it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Why wait for revolution? - Apr 12, 2006 01:51
The same as with the Nintendo DS then.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Why wait for revolution? - Apr 12, 2006 03:17

The same as with the Nintendo DS then.

Definitely. there are people who are too closed minded to even give the ds a fair shot. Myself, i hated the idea of a touchscreen untill i tried it myself
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Why wait for revolution? - Apr 12, 2006 05:21
it' s exactly like DS - everyone will love it sooner or later.l

Sure there' ll be haters that will never like it just because.

Of course all I' m saying means I take it' s awesomeness for granted.I think I' ll hate it more than haters if it won' t work out the way it' s supposed to.

Still ,lookin at DS I don' t think we should consider it a possibility :)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Why wait for revolution? - Apr 19, 2006 07:13
What did Joe saY?

I want joes comment about nintendo claiming people stole from them all the time,he said something very smart and said what they " stole" if you want to use that word.

>_< V where are you joe?!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message