Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Vista wont launch my games
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Vista wont launch my games - Dec 02, 2007 11:00
So it wasnt long before I ran into errors with my new laptop [one week old now] its nothing major, but everytimne i try to play a game vista wont launch it. For example last week battlefeild 2 ran no problem on it and I was happy with it, now i double click on the shortcut and nothing happens, for no reason it stopped working, same thing Medievil 2, was working but now does not launch. oddly World in conflict still works grand, I cant find the option to run under older version of windows, that might fix it but I dunno.

Infact thinking about it, this has only started since i installed world in conflict... could it be direct x 10 issues?

edit: it seems Compatibility tab wont even show on the menu, when it should... I tired to start the Program Compatibility Wizard from the start menu and got a bunch of errors.. then I try to update it from microsoft and it says it doesnt apply to me... maybe if i uninstall world in conflict...
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 2 Dec 07 3:42:47 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Vista wont launch my games - Dec 02, 2007 11:50
Sounds like your OS is fucked.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Vista wont launch my games - Dec 02, 2007 20:49
Reformat. Are these legit copies of games you are trying to run?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Vista wont launch my games - Dec 03, 2007 00:02
Before reformatting try to reinstall your games and updating windows. This happens to me, it usually works the second time I install a game. Your games are probably lost, they' re just gone. lol good job MS.

I don' t know if this is related or not but I' ve heard it' s a really bad idea to use the compatibility tab. Just don' t use it. If a program doesn' t work in Vista natively, just move on and forget about it.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Vista wont launch my games - Dec 03, 2007 01:05
I tried to install sim city 4 just now and nothing happens, maybe that is a little old though.

I tired to do a system restre but that failed for some reason.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 2 Dec 07 17:05:48 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message