Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sixaxis Tilt ' Rubbish' Says Sega Racing Studio Head
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Sixaxis Tilt ' Rubbish' Says Sega Racing Studio Head - Feb 16, 2007 02:14

Hideo Kojima isn' t the only developer who has lamented over Sixaxis not including rumble support. In an interview with European magazine PSM3, Guy Wilday, the head of Sega' s recently formed Sega Racing Studio and the man directing Sega Rally Revo, admitted tilt support wasn' t difficult to include, but shrugged at its usefulness.

" Tilt control' s not difficult to do. Fundamentally, though, the whole tilt control thing is rubbish. It' s no compensation for rumble."

Read more on article at: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=157708&site=psm

Maybe Sony will re-think and re-evaluate the sixaxis
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Sixaxis Tilt ' Rubbish' Says Sega Racing Studio Head - Feb 16, 2007 02:33
KIKIZO
I' ve always said their sixaxis was crap.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Feb 07 18:34:42 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Sixaxis Tilt ' Rubbish' Says Sega Racing Studio Head - Feb 16, 2007 03:11
Its not useless, and by all means, they may as well keep it on the controller. That said, I don' t care much is there is any rumble, or tilt in my controller. I can live w/o either. However, they may as well put both in, just to make everyone happy.

What I think people need to realise is that the tilt cant be used for anything major, like movements, or weapons etc. It is fun though for CoD3 to use melee attacks, and in Resistance to get things off you. If they use it in minor, unique ways it can prove to be an asset. Obviously Sony wants everyone to think it is cool and will be a large part of controlling the games on ps3, but that can' t be the case. It' s not accurate enough for that. I just want them to figure out unique and cool ways of using it to add another element to the game. I would expect this to come from Japanese developers before American. The japanese seem to like the small things more, and in my experience, if the American developers can' t make a feature a large part of their game, or focus a lot on it, then they don' t tend to do anything unique with it in a small way.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sixaxis Tilt ' Rubbish' Says Sega Racing Studio Head - Feb 16, 2007 04:51
Sixaxis was slapped into the controller at the very last second so Sony could say they covered all their bases. There' s nothing all that nifty about it. Rumble however, is awesome, & I don' t care how " dead" sony says it is. I miss it in PS3 games.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll