Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 House of the Dead 2&3
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
House of the Dead 2&3 - Nov 18, 2007 15:08

House of the Dead Wii Bound
SEGA officially announces House of the Dead 2 and 3 for Nintendo' s console; Wii Zapper supported.
by Matt Casamassina

November 16, 2007 - Following leaks from Europe yesterday, SEGA of America has officially announced that is planning to bring updated versions of House of the Dead 2 and 3 to Wii in 2008' s spring season. The two arcade games will come packaged together on one Wii disc in a set SEGA is calling The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return.

Gamers who pick up the compilation will be able to play both classic arcade titles, " battling the relentless attack of bloodthirsty zombies with steady aim and a quick trigger finger." As with all Wii on-rails shooter, House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return fully utilize the Wii remote, which can alternatively be housed in the Zapper shell to simulate a light-gun.

The two titles will feature more than six gameplay modes, including Arcade Mode and Time Attack, according to SEGA. In addition, up to two players can target zombies simultaneously in the title' s cooperative mode.

" The House of the Dead franchise has been revitalized for today' s gamer looking for non-stop shooting action on the Wii," said Rick Naylor, director of marketing, SEGA of America. " This will take gamers back to experience the celebrated first-person arcade shooter that was so popular in the late ' 90s."

When asked, SEGA said the titles are being developed by AM1/HIC and further noted that it' s too early to comment on whether or not the Wii efforts would feature significant content changes or graphic improvements.

Not much of a surprise to see this news. First a atleast decent Sonic game, NiGHTS is looking fantastic and now this. SEGA seems to love the Wii.

Might pick these up eventually...will probably depend on how nostalgic I' m feeling when I see it in stores.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: House of the Dead 2&3 - Nov 18, 2007 18:24
I' m happy with the superior-looking Xbox version I got 5 years ago (or more).
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: House of the Dead 2&3 - Nov 18, 2007 19:31
Old ports for the Wii again? *sigh* Why not make a new House of the Dead? I think Wii owners are getting tired of playing the same old games over and over again, wii-mote functionality or not.
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: House of the Dead 2&3 - Nov 18, 2007 21:42
Well the only console i ever got gun games for was my ps2, So ill be picking this up.
If they add more content it will be really cool, And if they don' t o well at least it will come out quicker.
I used to play 3 all the time at the arcade :P I just couldnt get enough of that shotgun.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: House of the Dead 2&3 - Nov 18, 2007 21:49
I hear (like ghost squad) SEGA are including the Classic mode, which hides the IR cursor, making it more like a light-gun game.
Grant Delmore

RE: House of the Dead 2&3 - Nov 18, 2007 22:32
Ooh i like the idea of that because then you actually have to aim with your eyes.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: House of the Dead 2&3 - Nov 19, 2007 02:09

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 18 Nov 07 18:13:48 >
Joe Redifer

RE: House of the Dead 2&3 - Nov 19, 2007 03:12

ORIGINAL: Grant Delmore

Ooh i like the idea of that because then you actually have to aim with your eyes.

Just remember that it' s not like a light gun. Where you point is NOT exactly where you shoot with the Wii, unless you glue your sensor bar to the middle of the screen.
Grant Delmore

RE: House of the Dead 2&3 - Nov 19, 2007 08:20
But the sensor bar settings offsets it so if you have the bar in the perfect position it would be right...

*Yes i know the sensor bar actually does nothing but have two lights for the wiimote to read and reference from but the settings are sensor bar position or watever its called*
< Message edited by grant delmore -- 19 Nov 07 0:21:33 >
Joe Redifer

RE: House of the Dead 2&3 - Nov 19, 2007 08:26
If I put the bar below the TV and set the sensor bar settings likewise, the onscreen cursor is always higher than where I am actually pointing. If the bar is on top and so is the setting, the cursor is lower than I am pointing.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll