Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Warhawk in action!!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 04:35
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aYO3a__fHyw&search=Warhawk

leaked video from GDC.
You want more?
I got more videos :P
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 1 Apr 06 20:39:50 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 04:49
VERY nice actually. I didn' t expect it to look quite that good, but it does, specifically the handling. It' s not exactly a massive achievement though, i mean, there was more stuff going on onscreen in the Rogue Squadron games on Gamecube (which were fantastic!), but it looks impressive.

The textures on the capital ships looks suspiciously low though, but the clouds looked cool and the water looked as good as the water in Far Cry on 360 (which has realistically simulated waves that not only look great but react when passed through), and the lighting looks good too.

I think Microsoft probably have Crimson Skies 2 in development already, so when that arrives (and it will even if it' s not ALREADY in development), it' ll be interesting to see what they can do with it.

EDIT: Motorstorm looks fucking rubbish!!! The vehicles don' t seem to look as nice as those in even PGR3 and the bike (rider) in particular looks horribly unanimated.

The idea of the mud that dries out over time and the grooves left by the vehicles staying is nice, but why would the ground constantly be wet?! It' s a nice idea but it won' t make sense in practice. Wouldn' t it be better to have very long races and have the weather effect the course during the day?! Still, it might be a good game if they improve on what they have (especially the ground textures).

EDIT 2: It' s no wonder people seemed impressed with the images posted lat week of the Ratchet and Clank video, it' s a fucking cutscene!

Oh, and thanks for posting the link to all the videos. Are there more though?!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 1 Apr 06 21:02:59 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 05:07
I dont know if there is any more and TBH i dont care.. I want to see one thing only, and that is the Revolution and its controller in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nitro

RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 05:09
Hahahaha, ...INDEED!!!

There is still more to learn about it though. I think this E£ is going to be THE biggest EVER!!!
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 05:38
In Motorstorm
I think the whole point of the demo was to show the mud effects
Nitro

RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 05:42
If that was the whole point then i' m even LESS impressed.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 07:06
The guy talking in the Warhawk trailer says something about the PS3 power that sounds different from what I' ve heard before:
" While the PlayStation 3 is a complex and very powerfull machine its entrypoint and ability to get access to the power of the cell is still very accessible" .
Don' t know if I heard it right...
It seems the PS3 is actually simulating natural fenomenons such as water behaviour. The clouds are being rendered using a volumetric software raytracer.
I don' t know what that means but it sounds impressive
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 1 Apr 06 23:12:01 >
Nitro

RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 07:11
Sounds Sony sponsored to me...
ginjirou

RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 07:29
Sony sponsored? Oh really? What' s next? You' ll tell me the earth is round to?
Seriously though, I think the trailers were quite impressive. With all the talk that the PS3 would be so incredibly difficult to develop for I' m surprised to see that there are games that actually look good. The games look at least as good as 360 launch titles. And when developers have learned to harness the true power of the Cell they' ll be able to do even better things... I hope.
But the trailers were of low quality so maybe the games doesn' t look as good as they appeared.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 1 Apr 06 23:30:42 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 07:39
Well its not like the creators of warhawk gonna be finished untill very near of novemember,the more time the better,they got a lot of time to fix a lot of stuff,also they ofc doesnt want to spoiol to much,and doesnt show SP,which i imagien is gonna be " epic" in some way.
ginjirou

RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 02, 2006 07:51
Yeah, what we saw was a tech demo. The actuall game will probably be more impressive as we' ll see much more than that boring flight where pretty much nothing happened. The game reminded me of Panzer Dragoon for some reason. Maybe it was the battleships, maybe it was the gunfire or maybe it was the open terrain, I don' t know.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 1 Apr 06 23:52:04 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 03, 2006 03:01
...interesting footage...

.....i have this growing feeling that anti-sony FB dreams are gonna get seriously crushed by PS3.....

...can' t wait for multi-format Resi 5!..
kickass331

• Total Posts : 92
RE: Warhawk in action!! - Apr 03, 2006 05:10
It was probably the dumb array of missiles fired. To me, warhawk looked ugly. The water was swamp like and not wavy, the big ships had ugly textures, there were several framerate slowdowns, and the physics seemed really loose and unrealisitic. In addition, the motor storm demo looked pretty nice, but the problem I had was that the mud looked kind of fake, when it went up against the van, all of a sudden it was dry and lighter, not realistic at all.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll