Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Quake4 kick ass!!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 20, 2005 09:53
So first of all,i seen the 80% score and laughed at the game,seeing how its useless as i said over and over,when so many other great titles come,and i really did not like doom3,i bought and finished doom3 for the eye candy only i guess.
But quake4 looked very medicore,but trust me its so damn fun to play and cool,omg the enemy and all thing,the squad base fighting and so on,one of the most entertaining shooter i ever played.
Finally the medic heal you,and finally your guys fight good on their own and take cover.
This is so damn hot game.
The weapons are so nice too,the SMG feels very strong and good,and have many bullets,and zoom for snipring,and the pistol is strong too,and the shotgun had like 6-8 per clips cant remember,but it shot fast and hard,however im just in the start :P the enemis come from walls floor etc,break thru stuff and try and scare you,but now from the front,and not the lame doom3 trick the whole game...wow they spam behind my back...im shocked,...1000 time,in fact the best idea to play doom3 was to run backwards :P
As always i took some pics.
High 2x aa 1024' 768,and runs much better then doom3,in doom3 i had like 40 fps this constant 60 fps with all things on high.
And it look better,but dont let me be the judge look here :P
However this game did not support the resolution 1280' 720= HD TV,so add better resolution and 2x more AA to your xbox360 version and you get a game that look kick ass,i might even buy this game that i called crap before and laughed at.
However big bro knew the best,and thanks to him i bought it.

QuezcatoL

RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 20, 2005 09:57
I just realised that my pic' s did not look as good as i thought they would,i will take new+ pic of enemies later when i play again :)
I like to play only 30 min of a cool new game then take a long break and then do a 4-6 hour stretch.
And btw the game was running on a 3 year old TFT,no low fps,or bad quality,mayby people actually start to get the right idea about tft? and they do work for games?
This pc is a p4 3ghz 1024 ram ati radeon 9800 pro/xt(have no idea) 256mb

" EDIT" i see whats missing,i did not have shadows on,on those pics ahhh now i remember.
It made no diffrence in terms of fps either,i take 5 more pic later.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 20 Oct 05 18:01:06 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 20, 2005 18:00
Okay,i got saved by a giant starcruiser and is now in a ship,and its very big,in fact i got lost and angry and almost whined and quited the game
gonna play more tomorrow,but i took pic with shadow+ 1280' 1024 run smooth,however small lagg in big battle in big room,so i might go just a bit lower in reso next time...
Anyhow i had 4x AA which means it wont look better on xbox360 i think...if they not add some extra stuff in the visual,but enjoy.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 21, 2005 02:03
I just want to confirm quakes 4 pwnage. I got the game on the 18th when I was at home for midterm break. Had to play it on a geforce 3 64 mb which is the minimum requirement for a vid card on the box. So I had to play on lowest settings and at 640x480. Shadows and bump mapping and all that was still on though. The game still looked awesome and ran well. Over 30 fps most of the time in single player, although in big open areas it would go to 15 fps . Could play DM multiplayer with about the same results. Although the CTF levels were mostly too open and the fps was too low to stand.

Then when I got back to college I got to play it on my still a little old but not that bad geforce 5900 ultra 256 mb. I got to put the game on the 2nd highest settings right below ultra which requires 512 vid ram. Resolution is at 800x600 but could probably up it slightly though. The game is awesome. Best graphics I have seen in a game yet. The shadows are just amazing, the animations are awesome too. The characters are all recognizable and different characters, at least for humans. You actually kinda feel sad when your teamates die. So yeah, the graphics are awesome I could go on. Only thing bad I though was the sky textures seemed to be pretty low res.

Voice acting is awesome, about as good as it gets. The AI is smart, they don' t do anything amazing, but they never do anything stupid that reminds you they are AI. Story is pretty good so far. The cut scenes are awesome. You' ll definetly laugh at the opening cut scene. Some parts of the game do get pretty gross, probably the grossest thing I' ve seen in a game. Although it wouldn' t make anyone puke or say omg thats just not right. But a good reason kids shouldn' t play this game.

Vehicles are pretty cool. Can' t say I thought they were awesome so far, but they were a fun break from being on foot.

Multiplayer is pretty much just quake 3 with improved graphics. Which is actually awesome. I just wish they would have added at least one new gametype.

I don' t even know if I' m half way through the game yet. I just got past a big turning point in the game. A big change, you' ll know what I' m talking about when you get there or if you have gotten there. So I haven' t beaten it yet. But so far I would probably rate it around a 92%. The more I play it the more I like it. I' ll post more when I finish the game.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 21, 2005 03:04
You have a light on your gun which makes a huge spotlight on the wall. Between your light and the wall is a character. The character has no shadow. None at all. This is evident in multiple pictures. Obviously the graphics cannot be considered " great" if the designers overlooked this gigantic flaw. That is just wrong. I thought PCs were supposed to be powerful and all. I guess I' ll just wait for Serious Sam 3.
QuezcatoL

RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 21, 2005 09:09
He has a shadow,however the shadow is small and on the floor,and often on the face,more then on its enviorment.
QuezcatoL

RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 21, 2005 11:34
Btw,i never played quake2.,can someone explain why i fight cyborgs with some elite squads?
And have a crazy big space fight everywhere with them?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 21, 2005 13:24
If the game obeyed how light really works there would be a giant shadow on the spotlight that hits the wall. The only way you would not see a shadow and see how the game sees is if the camera were in the exact same position as the light source, or the light on the gun in other words.
Bently

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 21, 2005 14:18
hi wana talk
locopuyo

RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 21, 2005 14:23
yeah flashlights usually don' t make shadows in the game because the engine only produces one shadow.

You' ll have to wait for UT2k7 and other unreal engine 3 games to see multiple shadows from multiple light sources on one character. The shadows look a lot better too.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 21, 2005 15:57
quake 4 looks great.this game is gonna rock.i cant wait to get it
QuezcatoL

RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 21, 2005 18:06
Locapuyo i just got past that part now,and played like 2 hour more after that,I never saw that coming,and iwas very disgusted :P could hardly watch the screen,it was painful.

locopuyo

RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 22, 2005 02:45
Yeah I' m only like a 20 minutes past that part, pretty gross[:' (]. Its not like Quake 4 has any groundbreaking features, everything in it is just done extremely well. You just can' t find anything to complain about.

I guess I found one thing. Sometimes the medics or armor repair guys say the same thing a bunch. Only when you keep getting your armor repaired like 10 times. I think they have like 5 sayings. But thats a very minor detail.
QuezcatoL

RE: Quake4 kick ass!! - Oct 22, 2005 16:13
Got fear the same day too,took some pics,at 1024' 768 maxium settings,and some few medium and 2xAA and yes this how i play the game,i could have taken higher settings,but i rather take pics when i play and without lagg :),but i could not go 1280' 1024 in resolution,the game did not allow it wtf?
Btw,the enemis is quite cool,and the enviroment physic' s too,and its kind of cool shooting down a guy down a hall,then see how he falling dead to the floor holding the trigger on his gun making it shoot everywhere and hit for ex a fire extincteur or whats it called and make a explosion and make a lamp over him for ex fly and boxes fly everywhere etc.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll