Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Oct 06, 2004 03:31
Personally, I am still waiting for the next installment in the Shining Force series. IThe developer has announced a possible title to be released in the somewhat distant future, but it' s at least something...

What RPG would you like to see come out?

And, for what system (console or PC)?

While your thinking about it, read the following article:

Tales of Eternia: Online Announced (PC)

By Jin Sakamoto | Oct. 5, 2004

Namco recently announced a new massively multiplayer online PC game, Tales of Eternia: Online. The development duties will be shared between Namco and Dwango, with Namco in charge of the graphics, direction, planning and Dwango responsible for the network code and online elements like server maintenance.

The game' s beta is scheduled to debut in Japan in the spring of 2005. The game' s world will be based on that of Tales of Destiny 2 (known in Japan as Tales of Eternia) and include all of the Tales series standards, like a cooking system and the classic realtime battle system, known as the Linear Motion Battle System. The plan calls for making a game within that specific Tales world that focuses on the delights of day-to-day living within a fantasy world yet also features the standard MMO elements. However, Namco plans to somehow distinguish the event scenes and adapt the series' well-known face chats to MMO chatting.

With a recent personnel shuffle at Namco' s North American headquarters, the company is taking chances on software like the Tales series, Baten Kaitos, Katamari Damacy and The Nightmare of Druaga. Given the success of Tales of Symphonia, it is more likely that the newly announced Tales games will also see release in North America. Namco had previously indicated a desire to make the Tales saga its premier RPG series in order to become an international RPG giant like Square Enix. As more Tales games have been made in this console generation than in the last two combined, this would be Namco' s first MMO and PC game, and it seems they are taking this endeavor quite seriously.
Regret in 2010

• Total Posts : 106
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Oct 06, 2004 04:57
arent they doing shining force: resurrection for gba?
< Message edited by Jonah Shoemaker -- 10/6/2004 4:57:53 AM >
DaRoosh65

RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Oct 06, 2004 14:10
Yes, I believe they are...but I have an XBOX.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Oct 06, 2004 14:32
What I want, I' ve been asking for since ' 98. I want a TRUE SEQUEL to Final Fantasy Tactics, the greatest game of all time, and I want it to look just about the same (updated graphics are fine, but I want the same STYLE, damnit). And I don' t care what console it' s on.

FFT: Advance was only on the GameBoy Advance, and several things really ticked me off about it:

1. I hate playing games on tiny 3-inch screens.

2. The game was " kidded out" to the max; I guess just because it was designed to be an exclusive GBA title. It also wasn' t as deep as the original.

I also want-

A new Lunar
A new " Chrono" (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, ...)

Oh, and bring back a new Hero' s Quest!
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Oct 06, 2004 14:48
i would really like to see a Thousand Arms come out. Aremake AND a sequel. i know that game was heavy on the " date-Sim" thing, but it was really funny and diffrent. that would be good to do. Earthbound would be good but Star Tropics would be even better.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Oct 06, 2004 16:27
I still own Thousand Arms; that was a darn good RPG. I actually liked it more than Grandia.

The whole " dating sim" thing was only a small part of the game itself, but it was really cool how it worked. There was actually a PURPOSE behind it, if I remember correctly.

The battle was very unique too, although it kind of annoyed me at times that only one character could be fighting the enemy. Still, I really loved it near the end of the game; that samurai dude RULED.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Oct 06, 2004 19:41

What I want, I' ve been asking for since ' 98. I want a TRUE SEQUEL to Final Fantasy Tactics, the greatest game of all time,

strong words. and i agree . FFT was awesome, more immersive and intrigueing than any other rpg or game ive ever come acorss. sadly, my cd is missing. A sequel to FF7 would also be great.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Oct 08, 2004 22:52
I really want a sequel to Skies of Arcadia. Such an awesome game.

I' d also like to see a proper sequel to Alundra (Alundra 2 was rubbish and was quite different to the original) and a new Breath of Fire that goes back to the series roots (I didn' t like BoF Dragon Quarter).
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Dec 27, 2004 12:11
i would like to see more than ONE RPG on the Xbox. Jeez, Fable is the only one on it or what? i lie to see a RPG on the Xbox
DaRoosh65

RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Dec 27, 2004 12:27

i would like to see more than ONE RPG on the Xbox. Jeez, Fable is the only one on it or what? i lie to see a RPG on the Xbox

Of what you speak, I am unsure...let' s see, here are a few titles that are already out for the XBOX:

Arx Fatalis
Baldur' s Gate I & II
Bard' s Tale
Crimson Sea
Dungeons and Dragons Heroes
Demon Stone
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind/Morrowind GOTY
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
Future Tactics: The Uprising
Jade Empire
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Lord of the Rings: Third Age
Metal Dungeon
Otogi - Myth of Demons
Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic I & II
Sudeki
The Hobbit
Thief: Deadly Shadows
X-Men Legends
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Dec 27, 2004 14:06
World of Warcraft for the XBOX.

That would make me very happy
DaRoosh65

RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Dec 28, 2004 06:57

World of Warcraft for the XBOX.

That would make me very happy

You AND me both!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Dec 28, 2004 07:07

You AND me both!

I got WoW for Christmas.

Assuming your PC isn' t older than time () you should pick it up for the PC. You don' t need a power rig to run it.

Actually, aren' t the minimum system requirements a 800MHz processor? I don' t think the X-Box could even run it without some serious retooling.
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Dec 28, 2004 12:34
I' m going to buy it for the PC when i comes out over here in Feb.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What RPG Would You Like To See Come Out? ...And For What Console or PC? - Dec 28, 2004 13:14
A true Grandia sequel...no more Grandia Xtreme' s please....

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll