Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTAIV DLC " Not Possible" for PS3
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
GTAIV DLC " Not Possible" for PS3 - May 18, 2008 01:01

Microsoft has denied the possibility that the Grand Theft Auto IV exclusive DownLoadable Content (DLC) it is paying an arm and a leg for could make it onto the PlayStation 3.

Speaking in an interview, Aaron Greenberg, director of product management for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, responded to a question regarding ' a Sony exec' stating that the Xbox 360' s exclusive content coming to the PS3 as follows:

" It' s not possible as far as I' m aware, but that would be a good question to ask Rockstar. Rockstar and Xbox have only said there are exclusive episodes coming this fall to Xbox 360. I might put that up for a bit of wishful thinking on their end."

By ' them' , of course, he is referring Sony. More specifically he' s referring to David Reeves, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

When Reeves was asked, " Is it damaging to Sony and PlayStation that there is no DLC for GTA IV on PS3?" , he responded, " Well I think you probably will see it, it' s just that a deal obviously was struck between Microsoft and Take 2 to do that. And if that' s what they want to do, I think that' s the last shot they have."

A couple of questions are left hanging by Reeves' comments. Does " it" refer to the ' exclusive' episodic content?
\ advertisement /

/ advertisement \

No - that would be insanely contract-breaking. As Sony' s VP of product marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment America, Scott Steinberg, pointed out Microsoft " spent the GNP of several small Latin American countries to get (it)" . That GNP by the way is $50m.

More realistic is the suggestion that items like new cars and weapons might be made available as DLC. The availability of such content on the PS3 might not violate the Microsoft/Take Two deal and could be what Reeves is referring to.

What, exactly, does Reeves mean by " that' s the last shot they have" ? The last shot ever at winning the console wars? The last shot of GTA IV content? What?!?! Unless Reeves knows something we don' t about Microsoft ceasing to bother with GTA in future that is.

Probed further, Reeves became evasive, saying, " I' m honestly not going to make any comment on that because it' s too big a thing to... we can make an announcement when we make an announcement." He also said, " e-mail Rockstar, ask them what' s coming" . Since Greenberg also passed the buck and said this is a good question for Rockstar, SPOnG contacted Rockstar.

When Rockstar doesn' t comment on rumour and speculation, we' ll let you know.

Your thoughts?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message