Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Unreal 3(60) confirmed
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 27, 2007 06:36
I' ll get it for PC with 2x better visuals and 4x better frame rate and no retarded vsync issues.

Thanks.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 27, 2007 06:42
And you' ll only have to spen 10 times the price of a 360 to do it! You' re a fucking genius!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 27, 2007 07:08

And you' ll only have to spen 10 times the price of a 360 to do it! You' re a fucking genius!
He' s got money, he' s got connections. A super-computer is no big deal for him.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 26 Jan 07 23:08:13 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 27, 2007 07:19

I' ll get it for PC with 2x better visuals and 4x better frame rate and no retarded vsync issues.

Thanks.

Exactly what i was thinking.. But its good its coming to 360 still for those who dont intend to spend the extra..
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 27, 2007 07:26

Exactly what i was thinking.. But its good its coming to 360 still for those who dont intend to spend the extra..

Vx, this was posted in Maji..er I mean Nitros thread.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 27, 2007 09:20

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Vx, this was posted in Maji..er I mean Nitros thread.

Still, u cant have too much good news
Vx Chemical

RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 27, 2007 15:02
Well here is is in the open for all to see
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 27, 2007 18:15
we should start more threads for Unreal Tournament 3. Everytime I see UT3 a part of me changes.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 27, 2007 21:53

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Thanks.

The way it' s meant to be played.

I' ll be buying the PC version too, but i' ll probably pick the 360 or PS3 version up too because of Xbox Live and to a lesser extent Playstation Network (is that the right name??).

As for vysnc issues, Gears didn' t suffer so i don' t expect UT2007 too either.

Epic are going to rake the money in with 3 versions of this. It sucks that the console version will cost more than the PC version though.

I wonder when PC games will ditch DVD9 for a next-gen format..
Vx Chemical

RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 28, 2007 05:00

I wonder when PC games will ditch DVD9 for a next-gen format..

When its needed, no one can force things on PC gamers like that!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 28, 2007 05:56
Yea, it was around the time of UT2003 actually when they had a version on 4 CDs and DVD, so you had the option (for a while at least).

But then there was only one next-gen format so the choice was easy.

Also I wonder if they' ll have Live running on Vista by then? Not that they' ll use it for UT mp functionality, probably only for Uno or something lame.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 28 Jan 07 2:10:41 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 28, 2007 14:42
You dont need a super computer to play this game 10x better than an x360, 360 hardware is shit lol.

WoW: The Burning Crusade comes in 4 CDs which was annoying =/
< Message edited by evil man -- 28 Jan 07 6:42:54 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 28, 2007 15:42

WoW: The Burning Crusade comes in 4 CDs which was annoying =/

Buy the collectors edition and get it on a DVD instead!
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 28, 2007 23:45

ORIGINAL: choupolo
Also I wonder if they' ll have Live running on Vista by then? Not that they' ll use it for UT mp functionality, probably only for Uno or something lame.

Shadowrun will be the first to have cross platform gaming I think, the developers are saying they' ve got it well balanced so mouse & keyboard doesn' t hold any advantage over the controller. Wether this means they' ve " dumbed down" the mouse and keyboard or not I don' t know. It should be interesting!

I still don' t know if I' m happy about the choice to omake it a FPS though. A cyberpunk Oblivion style game would be awesome. Or a nice Deus Ex 3 would do
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 29, 2007 01:19
Oh yea I forgot about Shadowrun.

I' m not sure about this crossplatform malarky. The last time I tried it it was on NFS:Underground between PC and PS2, and it royally sucked! 360 and PC still have their differences, and ' averaging out' the game (as I like to call it) to balance issues always takes its toll to some extent on either platform. We' ll see with Shadowrun I guess.

As for Live for PC multiplayer only, I guess that wouldn' t work either. The beauty of Live is that it' s ubiquitous on 360 for everyone and every game. But on PC it never will be. Steam has its own version and theres Xfire and such. The beauty of PC is that there is no standard, and you' re free to mix and match and experiment.

In the end I dont think Live on PC will work out as well as MS hope. Merely it' ll just be a way of keeping in touch with your 360 buddies when away from your console (which you can kinda already do via xbox.com)...

...And a cyberpunk Oblivion would be cool! Esp one based around the Ghost in the Shell universe!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 29, 2007 06:08
I' m not looking forward to Live on PC either. It will be a nice extra feature if it is already covered under the normal XBL charges or just completely free, but I' m not going to pay extra for it.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 29, 2007 08:43
I hate Live, Lack of control. PC servers are much better.. Allseeingeye and a few clicks of a Mouse, you have all the Info on every game server you need.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 29, 2007 16:16
I could be wrong about this, but I see things like this.

Live for PC will be fun, and useful. It will make gaming easier for some people, and possibly make it easier to implement online modes for smaller developers.

However, microsoft acts like this is the new big thing, but there is a reason such a service hasn' t been made for PC. It' s not all that needed IMO, and with the PC you can get anything live has just as easily, if not more easily, for less money. Albeit you have to use a few specific programs but each would be better on its own.

The coolest thing for me would be the Vista option of using an Xbox360 as a media center, allowing it to connect to your PC. However, soon enough, people will make programs for Linux to do that on the ps3, and that wont require the purchase of and xbox360 or Vista. Not to say its better, but the option will be there so by no means will the 360 seem more appealing because of the Vista compatability. I mean, people have been using the old Xbox' s with Linux installed to use them as media centers for a long long time. Now Microsoft acts like its this new great feature that nobody has done before.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Unreal 3(60) confirmed - Jan 30, 2007 09:19

I hate Live, Lack of control. PC servers are much better.. Allseeingeye and a few clicks of a Mouse, you have all the Info on every game server you need.

when was the last time you played live, and were you playing an EA game? The only games i have ever had problems with online were unreal championship 1, but UC was one of XBL' s early games so i guess its excusable. Other than that, any EA game is shit online.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll