Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Final Fantasy X-2 %?
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 14, 2004 17:17
I am aware that there are different endings to this game based on the percent of the game completed. My question is though, if you beat it and say only had 80% can you just resume from you last save to get the missing 20% or do you have to start the game over entirely?
I am enjoying the game but I found that some of the mission/quests/tasks were very tedious and frustrating.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 15, 2004 00:40
If you get 80% the first time though, when you do the New Game + after breating it, you will retain that 80% completion rate, and you do have to play the game again (obviously), but you' re only searching for that final 20%.

I got 96% my first time through and I' ve always meant to go back through it to get that last 4%.

P.S. While you need 100% complete to get the " perfect ending," you do NOT need any certain completion percentage to get the " good" ending. You just have to press " X" during the final scene at the Farplane Glen...follow the simple prompts from there...
RavenShadow

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 16, 2004 14:40
Do you also have to restart mastering all the dresspheres or does the % completed on those carry-over aswell?
Also, does the % completed of the dresspheres have any bearing on the % completed of the game?
fathoms

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 16, 2004 15:02
1. Yes, whatever progress you' ve made on the Dress Spheres carries over to New Game +, as does your entire inventory. The only thing that changes is the fact that all characters are reset back to Lv. 1.

2. No, Dress Sphere skill completion has no bearing on completion percentage.
RavenShadow

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 16, 2004 15:09
Awesome, I was worried that my completionist nature would keep from beating the game until I mastered all the dresspheres but since it carries over I can do it later.
Excellent!
I am a little dissappointed with my % completed though. I think I will be struggling to get 80%

I was playing the blitzball and even though I don' t mind it TOO much I really wished that they kept the the blitzball system from FFX. I hate not having control.
fathoms

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 16, 2004 15:12
Yeah, don' t worry. You keep everything from your first game except the levels, and your learned skills don' t have anything to do with completion percentage.

I HATED Blitzball in FF X-2. I played it once, realized it was automated, and quit immediately. It ruled so much in FF X; I haven' t the slightest idea why they changed it.

Oh, and I' d strongly suggest using a FAQ walkthrough or maybe picking up the guide. I' m warning you right now- without either, you have just about zero chance to get 100%. There' s some stuff that is so damn obscure...
RavenShadow

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 16, 2004 17:06
Is the blitzball worth playing? Like is there any special items or anything?
I know you can play agaisnt special teams but is there anything else?

I think I will use a walkthrough for my second time through. I used one a bit for my first one. I used it to find the gatekeepers even though most of the time I would go to the right place but looked in the wrong corner or something so I didn' t really NEED it. But to get 100% I' m sure I will.
fathoms

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 16, 2004 17:23
You don' t need the guide to beat the game, that' s for sure. But you absolutely DO need it for 100%.

And no, there' s no real reason to play Blitzball. You can get items from it, but nothing you can' t get elsewhere. It' s not like in FF X, where you needed to get Wakka' s World Champion legendary weapon from playing enough Blitzball, and then the Jupiter Sigil to help fully activate it from winning a tournament. I searched through the guide for FF X-2, and couldn' t find any reason to put myself through that torturous version of Blitzball.
RavenShadow

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 16, 2004 17:47
I wouldn' t mind winning at least one game haha
I played like 6 last night and my record is 0 - 5 - 1
RavenShadow

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 21, 2004 00:24
Question: How did any of you beat the the first tough boss in the farplane area?
(AZI DAHAKA, SACRED BEAST)
I tried to eject him but it never works and it would take me forever to kill him with the damage I do.
fathoms

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 21, 2004 16:19
Just like in any RPG, it means you' re simply not ready. Time to go to that cave in the Calm Lands to get some levels and skills. He' s not easy, but he shouldn' t be a problem if you' ve got the appropriate levels, abilities, and equipment. Just remember, if you can' t beat him, there' s no chance of beating the final boss. So go on ahead and get yourself going on a power-leveling campaign.

Btw, I really do think you should have that strategy guide. A lot of the side-quests and stuff not only get you a higher completion percentage, but they also get you extra levels, skills, and some of the BEST equipment and items in the game. These missions can be tough to find, sometimes.
RavenShadow

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 23, 2004 03:30
Yea I' ll have to go back and level up a bit
I will try to beat the Bikanel monster thing too. I read a guide on how to beat him easier.
Question again though - how do I use the special dresspheres? Like the Flora; Fallal or whatever it' s called. I' ve never used them but they would probably help.
fathoms

RE: Final Fantasy X-2 %? - Aug 23, 2004 13:30
Heh...yeah, those special Dress Spheres could certainly help an AWFUL lot.

When in battle, you need to change into every Dress (Class) currently equipped on your Grid. Once you have done that, you hit a certain button (R1?...I forget, but it should be in the instruction manual), and the Grid changes. It will look like all the Dress Spheres have changed into one. Go ahead and change, and that character will turn into a massively deadly one-woman destruction show. Yuna' s Floral Fallal is awesome, and so is Paine' s Full Throttle (never used Rikku' s Machina Maw that much).

Just remember, your other two characters disappear and only the one transformed character is on screen. However, these Special spheres are fully functional, in that they can damage the enemy, heal themselves, and protect themselves via a wide assortment of skills and abilities. I' d DEFINITELY look into this, if I were you.

One word of warning- if you finish the battle in this form, ONLY THAT CHARACTER will receive the experience. It' s a good way of getting a character to catch back up if she' s lagging behind, but if you transform too much with one character, she will also get too far ahead of the other two. Denying your party members experience is not something I like to do, as a rule, but sometimes, the power of the Special Dress Sphere is necessary.

P.S. If you think you' ll be using the Special sphere, equip the character(s) with the Grid that only has 2 slots. This way, you only have to change once, and then the Special transformation will be available to you.
< Message edited by fathoms -- 8/23/2004 1:32:05 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message