Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!!
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 09, 2007 04:18
YES!!! DELIGHTED!

LINK

I know its not DEFINITELY confirmed but it looks almost certain that it will happen.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 09, 2007 05:18
I kinda of expected it to go to wii. This means the people who make it are going to make alot of money if its on all 3 consoles. Its not exactly the type of game i wanna play, but i have a lot of friends who like it
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 09, 2007 09:25
Xbox 360 has the best version, as you can download new songs via Xbox Live! If the Wii has something similar, then it will rock!
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 09, 2007 18:00
Well, this just begs the question. What control scheme are you hoping for/thinking about for the Wii version?

Personally, I actually would like to see if just air-guitaring with the nunchuk could work. If it' s feasable, then it could make the game cheaper and maybe more accessible (as in people can rent it to try it out). Note that I realize part of the fun of Guitar Hero is holding a realistic guitar in your hands, but I still want to know if the other option would work, they could include both control styles.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 09, 2007 20:32

they could include both control styles.

Yeah they could sell a version with the guitar and one without which would give you the option of using the air guitar control method. But I can' t see how they would be able to implement an air guitar control method properly... To be honest if they could I probably would still prefer the standard guitar controller method.
mastachefbkw

RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 10, 2007 10:22

they could include both control styles.

I dunno, i think it would be pretty hard to control with a wiimote
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 10, 2007 21:38
It' d be impossible to control with a regular wiimote. Imagine trying to hit multiple frets at once. It' d be a nightmare.

Although...

Suppose they were to make a 1/2 foot fretboard in the general shape of the ' mote. You throw the mote in your left hand, & the nunchuck in your right. The analog stick is your whammy bar, & you strum by moving the chuck.

I could see that happening.
mastachefbkw

RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 11, 2007 12:41

It' d be impossible to control with a regular wiimote. Imagine trying to hit multiple frets at once. It' d be a nightmare.

Although...

Suppose they were to make a 1/2 foot fretboard in the general shape of the ' mote. You throw the mote in your left hand, & the nunchuck in your right. The analog stick is your whammy bar, & you strum by moving the chuck.

I could see that happening.

'
I thought it was hard to play it with a ps2 controller, and now we just have to really complicate things
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 13, 2007 03:00
Wii + guitar Hero = Fun?
on a wii controller maybe not or difficult the guitar should be the better controller.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 13, 2007 03:20
Lets just hope its the Guitar Hero we know and love [which I am greatest at, in this Entire Forum] and not some new fangled wiimote set up.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 13, 2007 06:39
I expect the wii version to work just like the ps2/360 version except that it might have the added features of the wiimote integrated into the guitar. The result being simply that the virtual character will hold the guitar in the same position as you.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Guitar Hero coming to Wii!!!!!!! - Feb 13, 2007 07:12
You should get extra points for playing behind your head/backwards/with your teeth. Not sure how they' d know... but you should.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll