Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Good Hd Player
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Good Hd Player - Nov 18, 2006 09:39
I like to download hd files off the Internet, but damn does it chop when it plays, I get best fps in programs like divx and powerdvd but these arent good enough, the videos chop too much and that 1080p video of project offset is unplayable.

What I am asking you is, how can I play these videos nicely? what program do I need?

My machine should be more than enough at 3.2gh amd ahlonxp, 6600gt, 1.5gb ram.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Good Hd Player - Nov 18, 2006 09:44
Download Media Player Classic. Actually just download the K-Lite Codec pack (first link at the top when you google) wich includes MPC. Make sure you instal the full version and instal the quick time alternative and quicktime alternatives.

Your computer is plenty fast to play HD. That should work fine if it doesn' t post again and we can figure out what the problem is.
Silentbomber

RE: Good Hd Player - Nov 18, 2006 10:05
I downloaded both the k pack thing and the classic media player, the files pkay better, but still too choppy.

During the Kpack install, it asked me to uninstall divx, but i didnt want to, since i allready had it so i said no, and then a bunch of " broken balh blah blah" message about real media player which i just slected yes to all of them, there was about 3.
locopuyo

RE: Good Hd Player - Nov 18, 2006 10:08
What file type are the files that play bad? WMV?
Silentbomber

RE: Good Hd Player - Nov 18, 2006 10:23
aye, I download mostly wmv as they are smaller. But now I am thinking, your going to tell me thats a bad idea.

Edit:
Ok, I just downloaded the same hd clip in quicktime, and I am a fool! it plays Perfect! Now i must download every hd File in quicktime from now on, A lesson well learned!
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 18 Nov 06 2:44:02 >
locopuyo

RE: Good Hd Player - Nov 18, 2006 12:25
Its just your wmv codec is f**ked up. It happens sometimes in windows. Not really sure how I fixed it when it happend to me. I think I may have uninstalled windows media player then downloaded the newest version and installed that.

I actually think WMV is better than quicktime format but sometimes windows fxs shit up.

I just hope you' re playing those quicktime vids with media player classic and not actual quicktime.
Silentbomber

RE: Good Hd Player - Nov 19, 2006 00:51
Yes I am using the media classic player, which I am starting to like.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Good Hd Player - Nov 19, 2006 03:30
Real player should play the files perfect.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll