Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii to be compatible with Wavebird!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Wii to be compatible with Wavebird! - Oct 02, 2006 04:47

Those of you who are still a little skeptical about how well the Wiimote will work with some of your favorite franchises can breathe a little easier today. The fine folks at NintenDojo have put the question to Nintendo and the answer is music to our ears. Nintendo has confirmed that your standard GameCube controller (as well as the wireless WaveBird) will indeed work with the Wii using GameCube controller ports located on the top of the Wii. But will it work with the games? That' s not so cut and dry.

Your favorite GameCube controllers will work with all GameCube games being played on the Wii, but only select Wii games will support these classic controllers, with Nintendo' s first-party titles at the top of the compatibility list. This may ease concerns that have been raised by Super Smash Bros. Brawl fans regarding difficulty getting the next-gen incarnation of SSBB to conform to the Wii' s unique controller system. While nothing has been confirmed, SSBB may benefit from GameCube controller compatibility.

There is still no word on whether these classic controllers will be compatible with Virtual Console titles, but we' ll bring the latest as soon as more information is released

LINK

Awesome -- just a shame it lacks rumble.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Wii to be compatible with Wavebird! - Oct 02, 2006 05:02
Kickass!!! That makes my Wii day! Wavebird is in my opinion the greatest CURRENT-gen first party controller!!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii to be compatible with Wavebird! - Oct 02, 2006 05:02
I hope the GCN controllers will be compatible with the Virtual Console games because then there will be no need for me to buy the Classic controller they have made. But then, I am very curious about how it would feel using that.
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: Wii to be compatible with Wavebird! - Oct 02, 2006 05:04
Great thats a sight of relief, I thought Nintendo decided to revamp newer paraphial to work on newer console just like what PS3 and 360 did. But hey nintendo is known to have plenty of add-ons on older and newer products, thats why almost every thing is compatible.
Speaking of wavebird, the price are still around 35 bucks even a used one is close to 30, in certin gamestore, I thought Nintendo give this a price cut.
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Wii to be compatible with Wavebird! - Oct 02, 2006 18:18
It' s good to know that i will still be able to use my wavebird with my Wii
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii to be compatible with Wavebird! - Oct 03, 2006 00:06
The Wavebird doesn' t have any rumble. That' s why I haven' t bought one. Is it really worth having a wireless pad without rumble?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii to be compatible with Wavebird! - Oct 03, 2006 00:20
Iv liked my Wavebirds, theyv been used much, though not having rumble has presented problems in various games!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Wii to be compatible with Wavebird! - Oct 03, 2006 08:22
Wavebirds are nice, & it' s good to know they' re compatible, but the lack of rumble really throws me off.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Wii to be compatible with Wavebird! - Oct 04, 2006 03:40
Was this actually a question? I can' t think of anything that could have prevented the Wavebird controllers from working on the Wii just like normal GCN controllers. There' s nothing here that' s new.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll