Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 55
ys

• Total Posts : 532
Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 02:04
http://wii.ign.com/articles/807/807852p1.aspx

It seems vgchartz, nexgenwars etc weren' t totally wrong then the last months. Not accurate but kind of an indication of how things were at least.
< Message edited by ys -- 26 Jul 07 18:05:36 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 02:13
Yeah, it' ll be really interesting to see if Nintendo, now that they are just 2 millions behind, can somehow manage to capture the first place this year. I still somehow doubt it because I think 360/PS3 exclusives will take a bit out of Wii' s momentum, but it' s still really interesting.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 02:19

It seems vgchartz, nexgenwars etc weren' t totally wrong then the last months.

Yer, just certain people who for some reason get really hurt by these (more or less) accurate Figures and try and go into denial mode.

In all fairness, this time next year will be even more impressive.

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 02:31
there is a solid rumor that the 360 will drop 50$ at the 8th of august... we' ll see
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 04:04

Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world

We are doomed.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 04:08
Okay... good for Nintendo. They' ll be sticking around for another generation.

just certain people who for some reason get really hurt by these (more or less) accurate Figures and try and go into denial mode.

Who was the last person who said that the Wii wasn' t selling well. Go on, name some names, you' ve got me interested.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 04:11

Who was the last person who said that the Wii wasn' t selling well. Go on, name some names, you' ve got me interested.

haha me too
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 04:53
He is obviously talking about me because I was saying that " VGChartz isn' t the most reliable source" for game sales (yes, game sales) in a discussion we had half a month ago and then I asked him to come up with any other source but VGChartz. Never in that whole discusison though, I said Wii is selling badly.
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 26 Jul 07 21:54:33 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 05:08
Jack Tretton recently said something I agree with,basically that certain genre of games and types of games sell like crazy for a while for ex in 2 years and then people looks for something else,and he thinks that will be the case with wii.

I thinkj people who is new to games will look for more AAA titles and realistic looking when they know more about games and got into it.
Remember all of us started with crap games with no graphic we didn' t start gaming with hardcore games,we just realised they were the best after playing for years.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 06:44
I started with Super Mario Bros. That was pretty ***ing hardcore.

Though I hpoe Tretton is right in some way' s, as I' d kill for the demand of FPS and JRPG' s to ease, after having been so crazy popular for like... 10 years or more?

With Gears, it seems like Third Person Co-Op shooters might be the next thing, and we all know we won' t live to see the end of WoW... maybe
< Message edited by dionysius -- 26 Jul 07 22:45:17 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 07:24
Third person shooters are very wanted atm,because they are the games that let you see what graphics all about.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 08:13
Well its great The Wii has sold so many in such a short time, So were is the Third Party luv? I realise it probably won' t get games like GoW or MGS etc, but at least i was expecting some unique Third Party games that i can say - yes this is exactly what sets the Wiimote from other controllers. Of course Nintendo can do that, its there product they knew what they want to do with it. But the lack of thirdparty support beyond replacing buttons with motion control is very dissappointing.

When i see that Install base = (proper) Thirdparty support then i' ll be elated.
The Wii still has its work cut out for it.

I happy though that it means the Wii isn' t going the way of the GC.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 08:50

Yer, just certain people who for some reason get really hurt by these (more or less) accurate Figures and try and go into denial mode.

In all fairness, the Wii is still a gimp and is still made of fail and shit.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 08:59

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

In all fairness, the Wii is still a gimp and is still made of fail and shit.

Wow you can' t get any more bitter then this.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 09:20
Software Wise, Wii' s gonna be cool. Watch lots of quality and mainly Original Titles that you won' t see on any other console start to appear ( titles Like Zak & wiki, Lost Ocean) which dosnt get mentioned here but does on most other gaming forums / press.). The whole Point of the Wii is not to Be another 360 or PS3 but be in it' s own league, doing it' s own thing and at the same time growing it' s potentially massive market for it to take.

Games Like Mario Galaxy (for sheer seamlessness) , metriod 3 (It' s control should pave the way for any possible Wii FPS devs out there) and most importantly Wii fit to vastly increase Wii sales to a detrimental level thus attracting even more 3rd parties. And im not talking IE konami' s 3rd team efforts, im talking their 1st team efforts. I hear MANY Big developers have wii games under wraps awaiting to be revealed on top of this. It' s only been Seven months and i guess we' ll start seeing what the Big 3rd parties come up with their sh*t starting (i guess) this TGS, Why you think Nintendo are attending this one? To show Wii fit again? They made Wii fit as it' s showcase this E3, simply because it was their best chance to attracted mass-market media attention, which it has (seen the Wii fit board in countless lifestyle magazines already).. TGS is more underground-less commercial no bullshit gamers event and i believe this is when Nintendo and 3rd Parties will unleash their Sh*t.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 09:21

there is a solid rumor that the 360 will drop 50$ at the 8th of august... we' ll see

If that happens the core will be the same price as the Wii which would be interesting

I said something about the software
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 09:26

Wow you can' t get any more bitter then this.

Heh, his is what playing too much serious button mashing games does to people.. I think a few clean, gatherings of Warioware with 3 other freinds could atleast put a smile on his face..
QuezcatoL

RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 09:27

If that happens the core will be the same price as the Wii which would be interesting

Good point,forgot that,even if it might not help since nobody wants a core its a good pr figure to mention later.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 09:38
Realistically, 360 sales are (in contrast) the best there ever going be. Especially if PS3 starts to pick up in japan and worldwide. I predict in 2 years time, 360 will be in last place.

Why? Theres only soo long you can totally miss out on a Market (the Japanese one) and not suffer.
And i don' t wanna hear rubbish about the Japanese market not being ' important' , because it is.. if the 360 was doing even remotely good over theere they could of been easily on 14 - 16+ M total sales now.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 27 Jul 07 1:45:40 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wii sells nearly 10 million units around the world - Jul 27, 2007 09:49

Realistically, 360 sales are (in contrast) the are best there ever going be compared with Wii, Ps3, Especially if PS3 starts to pick up in japan and worldwide. I predict in 2 years time, 360 will be in last place.

If the 360 price drops are true, then I wouldnt expect that. If the core is the same price as the wii, i dont see anyone in their right mind buying it over the wii, unless they already have a 360.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message