Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sad Day in Egypt
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
Sad Day in Egypt - Apr 25, 2006 03:57
I was very sad to see this. This is apparently a pretty serious attack with 17 dead and more than 150 wounded. Not sure why this continues to happen in Egypt...but so sad none the less.

Here' s the AP story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192893,00.aspx
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Sad Day in Egypt - Apr 29, 2006 23:14
The Middle-East in general is hell on earth, and has been for a while, IMO. It is so hard to fight against brainwashed ideologies without creating martyrs, which only restock the brainwashed masses.

The problem lies with weapon manufacturers being allowed to sell to both sides of the fence. Can you believe it? Something democracy supports hinders any peace movement in the Mid-East. Of course, terrorists acquire said arms from business fronts estalblished in Canada, the U.S., etc., that buy the weapons from weapons manufacturers. Thank goodness PM Harper has outlawed the Tamil Tigers at last. I like my country just a bit more now. Still a long way to go.

Politicians complain and nag that issues be done only their way or not at all. This is the biggest hindrance in ANY sort of progress, especially when attempting to neutralize the terrorist threats. There should not just be unilateral effort; there should be multilateral focus on multiple issues to neutralize a single, torrential issue like terrorism. In the end, if it really is sad, one should urge MPs, or whatever political designations you may have, to do more than they are doing, and to perhaps implement even the opposition' s methods as well, so long as the goal is the same.

Harper, please do something about the Canadian military. They are getting bullied on out there.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Sad Day in Egypt - Apr 30, 2006 00:41
Im guessing most of the said arms, are home made explosives wrapped around the waist. Any culture that supports tactics like that, because it believes in a paradise deserve to be " enligthened"

Atleast our techonological development is better than theirs, id hate to live in a world where Iran was a superpower, keep ' em under foot while we can.

vdig

RE: Sad Day in Egypt - Apr 30, 2006 01:41
Well, for the brainwashed masses, that is probably the case. However, those guys doing the kidnappings, the recruitments, and the mortar attacks on military outposts are the ones with imported arms. Yes, they, the brainwashed masses, need to be reminded that evil done for the sake of good is still evil, and yields evil.

Iran is starting to get on my nerves. They are flaunting nuclear threats and doing weapons testing, all the while boasting like a bully holding another kid up for his lunch money with a knife pressed on his throat. Should be dealt with IMMEDIATELY. If we don' t tolerate that kind of behaviour at our schools, we definately should not tolerate it on a global scale.
Vx Chemical

RE: Sad Day in Egypt - Apr 30, 2006 02:35
Too bad we didnt win the crusades, then the bloodshed had alreeady ben dealt with! Sometimes it seems like being from the middle east and muslim, equals stupidity and ignorance, just look at what happened with the danish drawings of muhamed.
vdig

RE: Sad Day in Egypt - Apr 30, 2006 03:04
I' m not so sure if I would like the alternative problems that would have arisen out of a successful crusades period. Oh, those pictures... yawn, tame, boring. Nothing to see here, people. Move along. If you want edgy, go watch South Park. How many times did they blaspheme with Jesus now? That being said, I did like the plot twist that Satan would deliberately lose the fight to earn money. I thought that was clever.

....And the guy who voiced Chef, man was he ever naive.
Vx Chemical

RE: Sad Day in Egypt - May 03, 2006 20:52
Most of the time Religion equals stupidity and ignorance. We had a phillopher here in denmark once who said, its okay to believe in a óld man living up in the clouds directing the worlds affairs, but if you believed in little dark midgets living at the bottom of a lake to be the directers of affairs, youd get thrown in a asylum!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Sad Day in Egypt - May 03, 2006 21:51

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Most of the time Religion equals stupidity and ignorance. We had a phillopher here in denmark once who said, its okay to believe in a óld man living up in the clouds directing the worlds affairs, but if you believed in little dark midgets living at the bottom of a lake to be the directers of affairs, youd get thrown in a asylum!

Lovely...simply love that quote. It' s weird because when I was younger I use to think the same thing it' s ok to referr to some guy that lives in the clouds and have a name for him and crap and call it ' religion' but if someone believes the opposite it' s off to the nut house. There ae so many segregating issues as it is in the world and religion only makes it worst (imo), it' s a huge cause for a lot of conflict. I mean the minute you start using your religion to justify stoning young boys to death for even sleeping together in the same bed or a woman for sleeping with another man that' s not her husband (even though her old man' s been having it off with a line of women) thats where people seriously need to start thinking.
Me personally I don' t give two fingers ..as far as i' m concerned I don' t hurt anyone and live to things I can see and want to believe and in all would like to think i' m an ok person so religion has no place for me.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 3 May 06 13:55:02 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message