Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MGS3
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
MGS3 - May 07, 2003 00:35
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200305/010.asp

It seems Kojima has gone back on what he said, and has gone forth in creating the next installment of the MGS series. what is your view on this? Do you believe Splinter Cell may have caused him to do this? Do you think the game will be more stealth oriented like Splinter Cell? Or do you believe it will not be effected in any way by SC? Basically, what are you expecting?
eyerule

• Total Posts : 50
RE: MGS3 - May 07, 2003 00:53
I loved both Splinter Cell and MGS2, but they were completely different styles of Stealth... MGS2 focused more on action (like boss battles, and the harrier flight thing) and story, whereas SC focused more on actual stealth gameplay.

If they change MGS3 in light of SC, that' s fine I guess... I liked them both, but.. hopefully a little less trial and error than SC had. ;)
Rampage99

RE: MGS3 - May 07, 2003 01:13
I agree they felt very different. But it seemed like once SC was released, Kojima quickly started to get back into the MGS series. It was like he felt he had competition, and he had to top it. Normally when this happens the game trying to top the other " borrows" ideas from the title it is dueling with. That' s just what I think though.
Admin

• Total Posts : 19
RE: MGS3 - May 07, 2003 23:37
I am expecting to see this the day before E3!
Splinter Cell was fantastic, it will be interesting to see if MGS can still keep up.
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: MGS3 - May 08, 2003 01:19
Well hopefully they' ll be a bit more uninterrupted gameplay this time.
Rampage99

RE: MGS3 - May 08, 2003 01:36
I personally enjoyed the cut scenes in MGS2. I love heavily story driven games with plenty of cool cutscenes. MGS2 might have gone a little far(especially at the end) but I still enjoyed them.

The two main questions I have are: Will they be implementing a new graphics engine and what consoles will it be on? I' m sure we' ll find out at E3.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 5/8/2003 1:38:52 AM >
eyerule

• Total Posts : 50
RE: MGS3 - May 10, 2003 19:00
Well.. I personally think MGS3 will be first released on the PS2 simply because of all the sales it had vs the XBOX version of MGS2 (I actually own both versions. ;) )

Later, it may be ported, but hopefully they won' t wait as long as they did with Substance... Cause I think that was part of the reason why it sold so poorly.

As far as the graphics... The video that' s been going around the ' net looks awesome! I can also tell that they added more textures vs the plain gray ones in MGS2. Looks good.

EDIT: Oh and I also love story intensive games... MGS2 was fine with me as far as the cutscenes go.
< Message edited by eyerule -- 5/10/2003 7:01:21 PM >
Rampage99

RE: MGS3 - May 10, 2003 19:29
The only reason MGS2 didn' t sell well was because it had been on the PS2 for over a year and everyone got it for that. If they would be released at the same time I bet the Xbox version would sell just as well if not better.
Toby

• Total Posts : 2
RE: MGS3 - May 11, 2003 17:35
Hi @ all,

I like the MGS series. Solid Snake is one of the greatest characters in the gaming scene. But Sam Fisher is an excellent part between Solid Snake. MGS and Splinter Cell have two different backgrounds. I think both are great...

Rampage99

RE: MGS3 - May 12, 2003 01:00
Hey, welcome to the forums Toby! MGS is a great series and so is Splinter Cell. They have their differences which is great and I hope it stays that way. I' m a little afraid that MGS might start behaving like SC though.
essa

• Total Posts : 1
RE: MGS3 - May 12, 2003 12:10
Hi every body.
I am a new member in this sight and I would like to thank you for the terrific work you are doing.
I am a huge MGS fan and I also got SC. But for me MGS is something very far away from SC. I really enjoyed playing SC but I found some emptyness in the story. I felt like I was watching one of hollywood repeated movies. I enjoyied every mission of the game but at each one of them, there was nothing that made me thrilled to see what is coming next.
While MGS has its own world. The story is full of emotion and thrill.the brother hood, the friendship, vengeance. Each character in the game is a story by its self. Each evil boss is a work of art.
I also belive that when SC came into the market. It was big and now Hydo kojima is doing something to keep his game at the top. This is good for us as gamers, wheter we like MGS or SC.
Any way. let' s keep on waiting to see what these jenious people are cooking for usssss.
Rampage99

RE: MGS3 - May 13, 2003 01:00
Welcome essa. I hope you enjoy your stay at kikizo!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: MGS3 - Nov 17, 2003 13:29
No one ever welcomed me...... Anyway I dont really like MGS that much. I loved SC. There was a good plot to SC but a lot of action. As for MGS, if i wanted that much plot I would watch a movie.
Rampage99

RE: MGS3 - Nov 18, 2003 11:58
Well, since nobody welcomed you-

Welcome!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: MGS3 - Nov 19, 2003 12:29
Thanks

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages