Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Heavy Rain Review
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Heavy Rain Review - Feb 10, 2010 17:58
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 10, 2010 20:57
I've barely heard of this game.  I like stuff like Hotel Dusk.  Does it fall into a similar style/category?  I suppose I could read more than a few sentences of your review to find out for myself, but time is limited right now.

OK, I am off to the loo!
Edwin

Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 10, 2010 21:30
Joe Redifer

I've barely heard of this game.  I like stuff like Hotel Dusk.  Does it fall into a similar style/category?  I suppose I could read more than a few sentences of your review to find out for myself, but time is limited right now.

OK, I am off to the loo!

Yeah, reading a few sentences wouldn't hurt :p

I think everyone should at least try this, basically, but if you like Hotel Dusk you should love it. Imagine a playable version of Se7en and you're three quarters of the way there...
Joe Redifer

Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 11, 2010 01:43
Hmmm...

It looks interesting, but I don't like buying incomplete games.  They will sell episodes which fill in the gaps of the story via DLC.  I am not a huge fan of DLC, it is just nickel and diming people.  I can't encourage this.
Edwin

Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 11, 2010 09:25
Trust me, it holds together absolutely fine without DLC :)
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 16, 2010 21:40
Ever since that trailer from Quantic Dream with the girl having her audition and conveying actual emotion - I was really anticipating what Heavy Rain would come up with.  It remains the only game on PS3 I would buy one for.

Time has passed since then (!) and to some extent I lost interest, but your review sparks my intruige again. 

I'm still waiting for the day when the game industry grows up and makes games where you can enjoy some subtlety of character or story.  Like films - some games will be good and some will be tripe - but there'll be the occasional game that changes the way you feel.  It'd be varied and epic - elements that are funny, heart-breaking, invoke fear, create new worlds, stimulate, philosophise, comment on our way of life, or just look cool/stylish.

I don't think Heavy Rain will do that job, but its good to see someone trying something other than the usual gamer games that serve no other purpose but to serve the gamer what they expect.

Joe Redifer

Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 24, 2010 02:37
I just now bought this.  But it will remain sealed until I finish the new Ace Attorney game on the DS which may be a while since I can't pull the combos off fast enough.
Edwin

Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 24, 2010 08:33
The most important thing about Heavy Rain is that YOU MUST NOT LOAD UP YOUR OLD SAVED GAME AND TRY AGAIN. Live with the consequences of your actions. 

You can always pick out and replay individual chapters after completion.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 24, 2010 19:03
I was really excited for heavy rain but the demo put me off .. The movement controls are terrible and the QTE's are messy. Might pick this up when its available for 20-30$ ...
Joe Redifer

Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 24, 2010 20:40

YOU MUST NOT LOAD UP YOUR OLD SAVED GAME AND TRY AGAIN.

Why not?

Also, I hear people are having technical issues with this game.  There is a 230MB patch that downloads and people are thinking that might be part of the issue.
Edwin

Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 25, 2010 09:16
I didn't run into any technical issues with my review build. Hmmm.

You shouldn't load up a chapter again in search of a "better" result because getting the "best" result isn't really the point of Heavy Rain.

PS. Is this the glitch you're talking about? ;)

http://levelskip.com/bugs-and-exploits/201002/side-splitting-heavy-rain-ninja-glitch/

<message edited by Edwin on Feb 25, 2010 11:33>
Joe Redifer

Re:Heavy Rain Review - Feb 25, 2010 19:32
Yes, that's the glitch as I have heard it described.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll