Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who needs MGS4?!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 58
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 08, 2006 22:58
When you have Ghost Recon!

Meh, ...ok, so i need MGS4 but hey, look at the pretty pictures... (first in 1080p and 2nd 720p) ...

And i' m calling this one bullshit, or rather ingame but touched up.

There is also a 720p CG trailer available HERE but it is very brief and doesn' t really show anything interesting except at the end where it says there will be a premiere trailer on Dec 13th.

om Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter received critical acclaim and quickly became one of the best-selling games on Xbox 360 and one of the most played games on the Xbox Live® online gaming service. Recently, the prestigious British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) awarded Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter with “Best Game of the Year” and “Technical Achievement” honors.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 builds off of the events in the first game and places gamers in control of the U.S. military’s elite fighting unit, the Ghosts. In the year 2014, the rising conflict between Mexican loyalists and insurgent rebel forces has thrown Mexico into full-scale civil war. Under the command of Captain Scott Mitchell, the Ghosts are called upon to face an imminent threat to the United States. The fate of two countries now lies in the hands of the Ghosts as they fend off an attack on U.S. soil. Equipped with the most cutting-edge weaponry and technology, the Ghosts must battle on both sides of the border to neutralize the escalating rebel threat.

Key Features:

* Groundbreaking Visual Experience: The war zone in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter comes to life as you navigate through trash-strewn streets and pick off enemies from behind bomb-scarred structures. The cutting-edge physics and particle systems will show you some of the most intense and realistic explosions, smoke, and environment destruction ever seen in a video game. Dynamic lighting and shadows will morph as real-time day/night cycles and a constantly changing weather system require you to adjust to the changing conditions on the fly.

* All-New Battlegrounds: For the first time ever, the Ghosts will defend U.S. soil from a cross-border attack, taking the fight to all-new locations. The Ghosts will battle enemies in mountain terrains, barren deserts and even on their home turf in El Paso, Texas. Each environment presents its own benefits and challenges and will call for fresh tactical approaches.

* Vastly Improved Artificial Intelligence (AI): Watch your back as rebels send their own team members to flank your position or gain vantage points by utilizing vertical gameplay to pick you off from the rooftops above. Improved squad-mate AI will now feed you more of the information you need with descriptive commands like “enemy spotted behind red truck ahead.”

* Improved Cross-Com: The revolutionary new Cross-Com 2.0 will give the player more information than ever before. You will be able to see what your friendly forces see in the top left display and the click of a button will expand that to full-screen view for a clearer and more precise picture. This will give you a more comprehensive view of the entire battlefield. The new Full Command View will allow unprecedented precision in developing and issuing tactical plans on the battlefield.

* Expanded Support: Command lethal air strikes with jet fighters, gain mobile cover for otherwise impassable situations and replenish armaments on the battlefield using an unmanned artillery MULE. Players can now heal their team on the battlefield, including squad leader Scott Mitchell, with an all-new Medic class of soldier.

Nitro

RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 08, 2006 23:00
Damn you Quezcatol!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 08, 2006 23:02
Lol @ you just because my HDTV kick ass you have to do stuff like this,you' re so fucking jealous of my 26 inchwidescreen HDTV.

Nitro

RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 08, 2006 23:05
Your HDTV broke because you had a power outage. Mine didn' t and therefore i win.
QuezcatoL

RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 08, 2006 23:06
FFS...

WHo told you about it...

ps! what to get cod3 or rainbowsix? biatch.

btw u coing online to xbl later today?

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 02:52
Get rainbow six so i can be envious of you while i wait till i have time to even report my console broken!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 03:14

ps! what to get cod3 or rainbowsix? biatch
Get Rainbow-Six, because it' s got awesome multi and offline components, call of duty 3 has pretty good online, but that' s about it.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 07:58
R6 I think. I have CoD3 and just can' t play it because I go to I just put in gears

Besides, CoD3 will be a " Platinum" buy or whatever they' re called on 360 real soon.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 09:22

Who needs MGS4?!

I do.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 10:57

Who needs MGS4?!

I haven' t played any Metal Gear games or any Tom Clancy games, and just from my dim awareness of them I can tell the Metal Gear series has a far more entertaining and creative (and subversive) storyline.

Tom Clancy is the worst kind of cynical merging of nationalistic jingoism and capitalism. I' m going to end this post before I sprain my fingers typing out too many -isms.
Orange

• Total Posts : 23
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 11:18

I haven' t played any Metal Gear games...

shame on you!

or any Tom Clancy games...

shame on you!

both of them are really great but I think there is a big difference between them so we shouldn' t compare this games.But it' s only my opinion ;).
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 11:34

I haven' t played any Metal Gear games or any Tom Clancy games,

You really should! Both series are great!
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 12:02

I do.
'

Same here

Ghost Recon Jungle storm was the best one to me and the one before that
QuezcatoL

RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 15:21
You need to play GRAW,best ghost recon by far,and looks just awesome!!!
Vx Chemical

RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 17:54

I haven' t played any Metal Gear games or any Tom Clancy games, and just from my dim awareness of them I can tell the Metal Gear series has a far more entertaining and creative (and subversive) storyline.

Tom Clancy is the worst kind of cynical merging of nationalistic jingoism and capitalism. I' m going to end this post before I sprain my fingers typing out too many -isms.

All respect suddenly..... vanished!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 18:21
Who needs either Metal Gear Solid or Ghost Recon? Both of them suck.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 19:07

All respect suddenly..... vanished!

I' ve said before that the packaging of war as entertainment is a sad commentary on humanity. At least from what I' ve seen of the Metal Gear series, Kojima is beginning to utilize the storyline to make that very point.

I think I' ve made it pretty clear that I mourn the demise of surrealism in video games.

Anyway, I doubt you' ve played some of my personal favorites spanning the history of video games. Ever played The Bilestoad? Bolo? Interstate ' 76? Rez? The Neverhood? That kind of respect is a two way street.
Vx Chemical

RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 20:47
I played interstate 76, you shoot people in that game right? So wheres the difference?

Clancy games set up a scene in the games that could actually mirror things that are happening in the real world.

Your comparisons are stupid, does this mean that people cant create action movies about wars either?!
QuezcatoL

RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 22:50
zoy,those games arn' t consider some of the best games ever made,or atleast top 50.
QuezcatoL

RE: Who needs MGS4?! - Dec 09, 2006 22:52
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 58

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages