Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bioshock 2
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 51
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Bioshock 2 - Mar 14, 2009 00:20

Rumors on 2K Marin's BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams began swirling about the 2K Games forums today, flooding the board with supposed details on the BioShock sequel. Too bad they were mostly bunk. 2K and Game Informer both responded, saying the rumors that BioShock 2 would be Big Daddy-free were untrue. The rest of the details? Also lies. Big Daddies will be making another appearance in the sequel.
How?
You play as a Big Daddy.
In fact, you're the first of the lot, a so-called "renegade" Big Daddy who's on the hunt for a Little Sister of his own, according to a tipster who has the new Game Informer magazine in hand. You'll take out rival Daddies with your huge hand-drill and plasmid powers, claiming their wee sidekicks as your own. Similar to the first BioShock, you can choose to either harvest your Little Sister prize for ADAM or you can adopt her as your own.
That Little Sister comes in handy. She'll harvest ADAM from corpses strewn about Rapture, acting as a warning sign for when the Big Sister—the lithe, lightning fast enemy who will hunt your character throughout the game—has you in her sights. Based on her description, it sounds like she'll one hell of a fight.
From what we've heard, players will have access to all the things that made the Big Daddy such a menace in BioShock, with the character upgrades and options available in the first game expanded to keep things interesting. More details can be found in the new issue of Game Informer, which will be appearing in subscriber hands any second now.

SOURCE

Most of us here agree that Bioshock was a fantastic gaming experience, and it's good to see more news trickle out regarding the sequel.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 14, 2009 00:33
Thats... fucking gay. Playing as a Big Daddy? I knew when Ken Levine moved on to other projects Bioshock 2 was doomed to the garbage bins.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 14, 2009 07:23
Ill with hold judgement for a while yet!

Bioshock was a great expirience, im thinking of replaying it soon.!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 14, 2009 16:33
ughh it thought this was after the first bioshock?? wait.. I cant remember it didnt blow up or anything ?? ha ha.

Its a cool idea but was hoping for something a little more orginal. 
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 14, 2009 16:40
Silent wanted to be a Little Sister.
immortaldanmx

Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 14, 2009 16:41
Vx Chemical

Ill with hold judgement for a while yet!

Bioshock was a great expirience, im thinking of replaying it soon.!

For some reason I couldnt finish it a second time, I just sort of lost interest. I guess its because it was so story and atmosphere driven.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 14, 2009 17:07
Surely to God this won't be the actual plot. Maybe it's referring to the fact that at the end of Bioshock1 you became a (sort of) Big Daddy. That might make sense, but playing as an actual Big Daddy? How can they even make an actual story out of that?
immortaldanmx

Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 14, 2009 17:13
mastachefbkw

Surely to God this won't be the actual plot. Maybe it's referring to the fact that at the end of Bioshock1 you became a (sort of) Big Daddy. That might make sense, but playing as an actual Big Daddy? How can they even make an actual story out of that?

I should be able to confirm or deny this in a few days, as they said subscribers should be getting the new GameInformer soon. But it seems like this is being posted as fact. Also, the cover of the new GI shows a more "stream-lined" Big Daddy. Or it could be the new "Big Sister". Pic:

On a related note, I think I shat bricks looking at the past 10 or so GI's. I just noticed that they actually were worth reading. I know the internet has basically killed game mags but whats everyone's favorite? Personally I hope all involved with GamePro burn in hell for their garbage.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Mar 14, 2009 17:16>
mastachefbkw

Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 15, 2009 00:14
I'm assuming that whatever that is on the cover is the Big Sister. The cover says, "Big Sister Awaits Your Return to Rapture" and the little sister on it's back appears to be in capture(which I believe the rumors said the Big Sister was trying to capture the little sisters?).
immortaldanmx

Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 15, 2009 02:41
mastachefbkw

I'm assuming that whatever that is on the cover is the Big Sister. The cover says, "Big Sister Awaits Your Return to Rapture" and the little sister on it's back appears to be in capture(which I believe the rumors said the Big Sister was trying to capture the little sisters?).

Big Sister Awaits Your Return is just the headline for the mag. Even if thats not what you play as, I doubt you'll be playing as a large, hulking, slow version of the Big Daddy.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 20, 2009 23:15
I think thats a Big Sister pic too. Just look at the girly ties on the little cage (dunno whats its called in english). 

Anyway has anyone got the mag yet? Any info is welcome!
mastachefbkw

Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 21, 2009 03:47
GrayFox

I think thats a Big Sister pic too. Just look at the girly ties on the little cage (dunno whats its called in english). 

Anyway has anyone got the mag yet? Any info is welcome!

It is the Big Sister. Ill post some info tommorrow, I have to go to 'driver improvement' class in the morning so Im off.
immortaldanmx

Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 21, 2009 08:06
^^^ That was me posting from Brandon's house, didnt realize I didnt sign him out. Anyway, as I cant seem to sleep here is the break down of the big details:

SPOILERS:
SPOILERS:
SPOILERS:
SPOILERS:

-Multiplayer is in, but no details given.
-You play as a renegade Big Daddy, the first one ever created to be exact. You'll be fighting other Big Daddy's in order to "steal" their assigned Little Sisters.
-Big Sister is a former little sister, who has returned to Rapture(bringing kidnapped girls to be little sisters) and is trying to recreate the same kind of  environment as you see in the first game(shes a nutcase).
-Big Sister is supposed to be near impossible to beat. She uses the drill as a weapon, and also has extremely powerful plasmids and adam-based attacks.
-Big Sister will only come after you if(and when) you start to mess with the balance of things in the city.
-Once again you can choose to harvest or save the little sisters(this time theyre kidnapped girls from the surface)
-Dr Tenenbaum returns, but specifics arent given.
-You'll be able to use large weapons from the first game(such as Big Daddy's drill, Rosie's Rivet Gun) and wield a Plasmid and weapon at the same time(something you couldnt do in the original)
-Plasmids can be combined(for example, flame and whirlwind to create a flaming tornado)
GrayFox

Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 21, 2009 16:21

Thanks for the info Immortal.

Everything seems cool until i imagine playing as the fat slow Big Daddy (no offence Masta ). Being the first Big Daddy, maybe hes a bit different? like a prototype or something. 
mastachefbkw

Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 21, 2009 17:46

Everything seems cool until i imagine playing as the fat slow Big Daddy (no offence Masta ). Being the first Big Daddy, maybe hes a bit different? like a prototype or something. 
I only have the avatar because it was badass at the time. I don't think you actually play as one of the bigger Big Daddies, but I could be wrong.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 21, 2009 19:57

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 21, 2009 20:21
GrayFox

Thanks for the info Immortal.

Your character in the first one was clumsy and slow as a normal guy, what is the difference.  

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 22, 2009 17:29
nice scans eddie, too bad we cant rea them though
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Bioshock 2 - Mar 22, 2009 18:09
Silentbomber

nice scans eddie, too bad we cant rea them though

right click, open image
they are big enough to read the forum resizes them.

GrayFox

Re:Bioshock 2 - Apr 16, 2009 01:56
Not gonna make a new thread since those videos are kinda old (6days is old right?). Im totally sold on this game now! Not fat and slow as i imagined;  its even faster than the original Bioshock. The graphics are polished too and underwater effects are cool.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47806.aspx

Dissecting the trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47818.aspx

There's one thing that i dont understand though, How am i going to be the first Big Daddy when this game takes places after 10 years of the original?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 51

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message