Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gran Turismo 5 City Streets Gameplay Video
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Gran Turismo 5 City Streets Gameplay Video - Dec 18, 2007 11:18

VIDEO

So how do you think it looks compared to other racing games so far?
I' d say it looks better than Forza 2 (although I personally prefer the cool look of Forza) but it doesn' t look as good as PGR4. But then, PGR4 is only 30 fps.
I don' t see any motion blur in the video
Seems like there' s a great sense of speed though, and the buildings look very realistic although not as cool as in PGR4.
The music sounds awful and the physics doesn' t look very fun. The screeching sound from the tires sound awfully repetable.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Gran Turismo 5 City Streets Gameplay Video - Dec 18, 2007 13:15
It looks and sounds like GT should. I am sure they' ll be able to polish it even more before release, it is far after all. Though in presentation, they already have a very solid game. The music is your usual GT stuff, which most fans are already used to by now, like it or not. And the physics look like every GT title, which means not exaggerated, but sometimes a little too subtle. I have high hopes for this game however, as there hasn' t been a GT that has disappointed me yet. I' ve played the GT HD demo that they had on the PSN store a while back, and it already felt pretty tight in terms of controls.

Right now I am more interested in how much is Home gonna play a part in GT. According to the creator quite a bit, and judging by the import previews of GT5 Prologue, it seems they are really pushing out for online.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gran Turismo 5 City Streets Gameplay Video - Dec 18, 2007 18:04
If you can deal with the Japanese text you can download Gran Turismo 5: Prologue from the Japanese PSN. It was released a couple of days ago and so far the impressions are very good.

I think it definitely looks better than Forza, but i think Forza' s physics and handling in general are nicer. The GT5:P demo was pretty underwhelming, especially when played right after PGR4.

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Gran Turismo 5 City Streets Gameplay Video - Dec 18, 2007 20:24
It looks good,but as Ginj said it looks like PGR.

From this video it doesnt look better or worse.

I dont know much of forza2 though,so cant comment about it.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Gran Turismo 5 City Streets Gameplay Video - Dec 19, 2007 00:05
Heh, remember those ads for PGR4? Seems they ran into some trouble
OOPS!
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Gran Turismo 5 City Streets Gameplay Video - Dec 19, 2007 03:18
Ouch!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Gran Turismo 5 City Streets Gameplay Video - Dec 19, 2007 08:26
Love the way the light reflects off the red H on the steering wheel, looks a lot like it does in my car!

But my god, have the physics, AI and sound changed at all since GT3?
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Gran Turismo 5 City Streets Gameplay Video - Dec 21, 2007 06:57
This doesn' t look like it *looks* or *feels* like the old GT' s, and they need to get to grips with the sfx.

The backgrounds do have a little more depth to them though - which is nice, but just goes to show how the driving landscape has changed since 4. I' m sure they will pull the stops out on it and it will end up being fantastic though.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gran Turismo 5 City Streets Gameplay Video - Dec 21, 2007 10:25
The hands are less jerky than most racing games, and it looks pretty, but I' ve never been the biggest fan of GT (or any racing " sim" for that matter).

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll