Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box
bhuot

• Total Posts : 1
Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 04, 2007 07:20
What are the specific steps necessary for Apple to get more games? If I would consider the compromises worth it, I would try to put some pressure on Apple.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 04, 2007 08:00
You' ll need to convince Apple that games aren' t just childish symbols of destruction. Thats what they think apparently because of all the running and shooting games. Apple stands for adult things like creativity, harmony, stability and world peace.

And then you' ll need to buy an iPod, iMac, iPhone, and iTunes.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 04, 2007 09:27
They need to pray and hope there' s a God. In other words, they' re FUCKED.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 04, 2007 10:26
We like it when people start threads about Kikizo' s interviews and then discuss them. It sends out a good message. ;-)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 04, 2007 11:20
It was a good interview,but it will take time for me and all other kikizo members to come over BD 5/10

Halo3 - 9/10

I expect ME to get 7/10 now.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 05, 2007 01:14

Gabe: Well, we tried to have a conversation with Apple for several years, and they never seemed to... well, we have this pattern with Apple, where we meet with them, people there go " wow, gaming is incredibly important, we should do something with gaming" . And then we' ll say, " OK, here are three things you could do to make that better" , and then they say OK, and then we never see them again. And then a year later, a new group of people show up, who apparently have no idea that the last group of people were there, and never follow though on anything. So, they seem to think that they want to do gaming, but there' s never any follow through on any of the things they say they' re going to do. That makes it hard to be excited about doing games for their platforms.

Damn it, Apple get on top of this!!!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 05, 2007 01:58
I was actually going comment on this great interview.. Yeah, a good read.
whatever

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 05, 2007 05:16
God this Newell guy is full of s**t. Ask Lane Roathe, one of the guys who did the Mac port back then what he has to say about this. Half-Life Mac had mixed network support and was almost release candidate when Sierra cancelled the port. Why? 1.: because they thought it was too much effort to keep up with the updates of the Win version 2.: Apple didn' t want to give any money for advertising. I don' t know if the guys doing the Mac port ever get paid for their work either ...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 05, 2007 09:26

ORIGINAL: whatever

God this Newell guy is full of s**t. Ask Lane Roathe, one of the guys who did the Mac port back then what he has to say about this. Half-Life Mac had mixed network support and was almost release candidate when Sierra cancelled the port. Why? 1.: because they thought it was too much effort to keep up with the updates of the Win version 2.: Apple didn' t want to give any money for advertising. I don' t know if the guys doing the Mac port ever get paid for their work either ...

Welcome
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 05, 2007 15:22
Standing at the crossroads again

Orange Box or Call of Duty 4

Getting orange box, though a lot cheaper over steam will make it harder to afford COD4. Only Mass Effect is set in stone.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 05, 2007 15:31
Tough choice! How many kidneys do you have?

Buy Team Fortress 2 seperately and get Cod4 if you have to for now. If you really want either Orange Box or COD4, I' d go with Orange Box. TF2 will probably be the best multiplayer ever. There' s no reason to think anything could surpass it untill UT 3 is released, not even Cod4.

Infact if choosing Orange Box or COD4 means no UT 3, my advice is to forget both COD4 and TF2 and just wait for UT 3.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 05, 2007 15:46
Id say bite the bullet and get them both then dont look back! Im jobless right now and my credit card can only handle so much more abuse but that aint stopping me from enjoying Orange Box next tuesday followed by CoD4 a few weeks later.

I will probably sell my PC for a reasonable yet profitable price to pay off my credit card. then use the fresh card to get one of these babies : But im not an avid PC gamer so I can get crazy devices like this and be blissfully happy. I wish however I will probably just get a cheaper PC with the basics and use the profit to get more 360 games or even a PS3 depending on the mood im in.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 5 Oct 07 7:59:40 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 05, 2007 16:00

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Standing at the crossroads again

Orange Box or Call of Duty 4

Getting orange box, though a lot cheaper over steam will make it harder to afford COD4. Only Mass Effect is set in stone.

Buy Orange Box
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 05, 2007 17:55

Id say bite the bullet and get them both then dont look back! Im jobless right now and my credit card can only handle so much more abuse but that aint stopping me from enjoying Orange Box next tuesday followed by CoD4 a few weeks later.

Having a kid and house, not to forget a girlfriend who wouldnt bother slapping me on the side of my head if i spent too much on games, iv too much to loose to spent more money than i have. Besides our credit cards are maxed out as it is just paying to live (she is a student) the money i do have comes from selling stuff and my generous parents.

Buy Orange Box

Ill get orange box. UT 3 isnt really for me. I dont have the hours to learn how to be perfect at a twitch game like that.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 06, 2007 15:58
Newell=Fat failure who wishes he were Cliffy B

And ofc we discuss the interviews, its the only thing the failures who work at kikizo do right. Now GTFO and troll IGN so you can bring us " new" old news.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 06, 2007 17:32

Newell=Fat failure who wishes he were Cliffy B

And ofc we discuss the interviews, its the only thing the failures who work at kikizo do right. Now GTFO and troll IGN so you can bring us " new" old news.

Just remember that when Cliff Blezinski wore a leather jacket, had slicked back hair, and looked a lot like a guy from Grease, Gabe Newell and his crew were busy supporting the most critically acclaimed FPS to date, which had the largest online FPS following for years and years. Cliff and the rest of us still have the smarts to respect him and his crew, even if we/I don' t agree with some of the things he said.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Gabe Newell Valve Interview - Orange Box - Oct 06, 2007 22:20
Wow, Gabe Newell talks about Blinx. WTF?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll