Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 32
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 02:00
Because I' m getting paid $300 to stand in line for someone else! And they are providing the tent and all of the food! I' m set! Hmm... I may just pick up a Zune with that money.
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 02:10
Get me one aswell please
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 02:28
Sounds like a deal to me.

Shit anyone wanna hire me as a line sitter? Please anyone? Ill provide (steal) my own tent and food...just give me $$$...
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 03:53
Lucky bastard!!!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 04:53
Come launch day Rampage, might I suggest you have three of your closest friends join you, and make sure they' re all strapped? I have a bad feeling crime across the U.S. is going to rise by 50% come launch day for the PlayStation 3... I' ll be remaining indoors locking everything down
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 05:07

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Come launch day Rampage, might I suggest you have three of your closest friends join you, and make sure they' re all strapped? I have a bad feeling crime across the U.S. is going to rise by 50% come launch day for the PlayStation 3... I' ll be remaining indoors locking everything down

Have you managed to secure a machine Terry?! You' re getting Ridge Racer aren' t you!
Rampage99

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 05:31
Well I' m definitely getting a Zune now. My current Nike MP3 player bit the dust and it' s under warranty so I' ll trade that in, get $150 from that, then use $100 from the $300 I get for sitting in line to buy it. So basically I' m getting a free Zune plus $200. R0x0rZ.
Terry Bogard

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 05:40

Have you managed to secure a machine Terry?! You' re getting Ridge Racer aren' t you!

No and Yes ..

No I haven' t secured a machine yet. I' m still waiting for the price gougers to get a life . But I imagine that once the PS3 launches in the U.S., the rip-off price of the import versions will go down and I' ll be able to snag an import unit then.. I' ll pick up a U.S. unit sometime next year after Sony supplies stores with enough units so that regular walk-in customers can pick one up no problem (I ain' t pre-ordering $hit!), but I won' t be in any kind of a hurry to do so given that Sony has supposedly done away with regional lockout in PS3 games.

And yes I' ll be getting Ridge Racer 7.. Though, now, that may depend on how close it is to the Xbox 360 version. If it' s basically the 360 version with a few new tracks then I' ll probably skip the PS3 version as I wasn' t all that crazy about the 360 version.. It seemed to lack LIFE!!

OR maybe I' m just spoiled by the PSP versions of Ridge Racers 1 & 2 that the newer console versions just don' t seem as fun to me????
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 15 Nov 06 21:46:58 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 06:06
Y' know, i hear that many many Japanese machines made their way to, and are being sold in, China Town, New York City.

And yep, RR7 is RR6 with a few new tracks (6 i think), and a revamped colour scheme + new music and cars. Some of the textures have been changed and there is no CG title sequence. Or at least that' s what people have been claiming...

You don' t like FPS games and so obviously won' t be getting Resistance. Dd you buy Gears of War?!
Terry Bogard

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 06:24

You don' t like FPS games and so obviously won' t be getting Resistance. Dd you buy Gears of War?!

Not yet!! I still haven' t even picked up Dead Rising yet!! YES I know, I suck!!! I picked up Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 yesterday for the 360. So far so good!! I' ll definitely pick up the other games once I clear out my game review plate!

NCS will be shipping me a PlayStation 3 once import prices stabilize.. Right now they' re sorta getting raped so they usually advise waiting a little while. It' s basically the Japanese PSP launch scenario all over again. So I' ll be watching their updates like a hawk, waiting for that magic price point to where I can pick up the phone and tell NCS, " NOW!"

And yep, RR7 is RR6 with a few new tracks (6 i think), and a revamped colour scheme + new music and cars. Some of the textures have been changed and there is no CG title sequence. Or at least that' s what people have been claiming...

Ugh.. I might have to pass on it then and just put more effort in the 360 version.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 15 Nov 06 22:26:42 >
Rampage99

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 09:17
Well guys... have a nice couple of days. I' m off to my friends house where we will be getting ready to go to Best Buy. I' ll only have to stay until midnight tomorrow since that' s when they' ll be handing us the tickets for the console. Can' t wait to get my Zune!
Terry Bogard

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 11:22
Remember Rampage, on D-Day (launch day) make sure you have 2 - 3 well-armed friends with you as you' re leaving the store with your brand new PlayStation 3.
Make sure one of them is ready to shoot out some tires during a car chase as well
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 13:41
300 bucks, I' d do it. Do you get the money regardless or do you have to actually get a PS3?
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 19:55
Terry what is NCS???
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 20:03

Y' know, i hear that many many Japanese machines made their way to, and are being sold in, China Town, New York City.
I' d heard that from a friend in NY, but didn' t believe him. It would make sense though, the price gouge must be even bigger in that case though.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 22:40
so if uyou cant get a ps3 do you still get to keep the $300?
Terry Bogard

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 16, 2006 23:11

Terry what is NCS???

My favorite importer
www.ncsx.com
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 17, 2006 03:11
Good stuff! Me want stuff from that site!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 17, 2006 06:15

Rampage we' re going to need your take on the Zune. When my Nano dies I' m considering replacing it with a Zune.
Rampage99

RE: Yay! PS3! I' m lining up tonight!!! - Nov 18, 2006 01:01
I' m alive, safe, and smelly as hell. 3 days without a shower or sleep. I' m just about dead. So tired... and the worst part is I don' t get to sleep until tonight. I' m at school right now... I should really go home but I' m already here. I made my $300 plus some, lol. Came out to $340 cause the guy gave me a tip. I' m happy.

Yeah, I got the Zune. It' s freaking phenominal! I' ve had quite a bit of experience with the iPod since my roomate has it and imo the Zune pwns it.

Everything about the Zune is awesome! The look, the feel, the interface, and of course the behometh of a screen with absolutely stunning video quality! Watching videos on this thing is what I love the most. It' s amazing! The Zune comes with a bunch of awesome videos (both for mvie stuff and music) and the quality is outstanding. I' ve watched " The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars like 20 times on it already. The quality is insane (and the song and video is pretty damn awesome)!

It also came preloaded with several songs. They aren' t stuff I normally listen to but it' s not bad. The sound quality is great with those. this brings up my only complaint with it though... my songs skip. I think it' s because of my transfer or something and not the direct fault of the Zune. It' s skips... a lot. I think it had something to do with my transfer of the songs. I don' t think it' s the Zune' s fault since the skips are actually in the songs and it' s not a random occurance. I' m going to try wiping all the songs and putting them back on... this time with the laptop plugged in and with an internet connection incase there are any updates to resolve this problem.

I' ll let you know how that turns out. If it doesn' t work I' ll return this one and get a new one to try again. If that fails too I' ll get an iPod video even though the huge decrees in screen size will kill me. I freaking love the Zune. I better be able to fix the skips.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message