Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Salvation Announced
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Salvation Announced - Mar 12, 2008 02:38

Salvation project. Official announcement

Press-release. Kiev, 10.03.2008

Black Wing Foundation is glad to announce its Salvation project currently in development for PC and Xbox 360. The game, powered by Valve' s Source Engine, is developed in cooperation with N-Game Studios.

Salvation is a third-person shooter game set in the near-future. The world government, making use of genetic engineering managed to successfully imitate the Judgement Day and establish new stiff rules - a new ' Regime' . World war and death of genetic replicants of Christ and Antichrist drastically changed the mindset of people. Now they are creatures without the right of opinion, they are slaves of the ' Regime' . An army of Angels, genetically cloned humans, are watchful of keeping the order. Any dissidence threatens either death or exile to Hell - a cybernetic virtual reality system, causing a human to suffer unbearably.

The main characters are people from various climes, with different past, but common present, united by one key idea and goal, the desire to topple down the new Regime, destroy the system of Hell and Paradise. To return peace and order to earth, revenge for themselves and their folks,... but accomplishing this is not easy, the forces are too unequal in this fight...

The path of the heroes lies through multiple challenges leading to the truth hidden in the lies of New Government. Taking up roles of Narumi Amano, a genetically modified assassin, Sergei Thor - captain of east European resistance cell and Alexander Geist - a rather cynical psy-powered smuggler, the player will play through seventeen missions grouped into seven episodes, ultimately defying lie and injustice.

Key game features
- Detailed atmosphere of cybernetic dystopia of the future inspired by such masterpieces as " 1984" , " Brand New World" and " Us"
- Diversified and various gameplay combining best elements of stealth, action and arcade in a totally new, exiting way
- Abut 20 original bosses, each with its own strategy and story
- Seven episodes, from Tokyo to London, combined into a great dramatic story
- High cinematics factor
- Use of multifunctional original weapons of the future
- Original but simple in use RPG system
- Usage of advanced licensed technologies, realistic physics, 5.1. Sound
- Technological and detailed graphics. Use of parallax and normal mapping, cinematic full-screen pixel shader effects, HDR lighting, dynamic light, shadows and more.
- Inverse kinematics
- Great soundtrack featuring live orchestra, licensed content and original materials
- 8 to 32 multiplayer mode, new areas, new weapons, ability to play for enemies and NPCs.
Visit the official web-site of Salvation project at www.bwf-game.com

Indeed a very high concept for a game. Wonder how religious groups are going to react to this one. Hearing about a game that uses the premise of stem cells to create judgement day by creating Christ and the Antichrist. If only for the controversy this title is surely to create, I can' t wait to hear more about it!!!

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Salvation Announced - Mar 12, 2008 03:37

Indeed a very high concept for a game. Wonder how religious groups are going to react to this one.

Huh-huh, well let' s think...

Meh, it' s at least creative, but it sounds like they' re capitalizing on the controversy quite honestly. I mean, stem-cells to create Jesus and the Devil? The only way you could take that further is if you played a priest by day, pedophile by night, and hide dead orphans in your drywall.

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Salvation Announced - Mar 12, 2008 04:23

Meh, it' s at least creative, but it sounds like they' re capitalizing on the controversy quite honestly. I mean, stem-cells to create Jesus and the Devil? The only way you could take that further is if you played a priest by day, pedophile by night, and hide dead orphans in your drywall.

lol I' d buy that game.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Salvation Announced - Mar 13, 2008 00:14

Bastard!!!! Made me choke on my morning coffee when I read your comment!!!! Funniest line I have heard in a long time. Gonna make my day a good one!!!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll