Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 12, 2009 16:33
E fucking A.

To clarify, Brutal Legend's demo was fun, witty, and overall impressive. Sure it wasn't Unreal Engine graphics and such, but the fun was there. Tim Schafer makes good games, but sadly, not many people knew this, until EA picked him up.

Now you may be pondering, why is Danny on the EA cock today? Well, the reviews for Brutal Legend are starting to trickle in, and it's overwhelmingly positive. IGN gave it a 9, with IGN down under giving it a 9.3. You may also be wondering why I'm surprised, after all this is the guy who made Psychonauts. Well, the quality was almost a guarantee, but the sales is the point I'm getting to in a round-a-bout way.

Gamestop is doing a midnight launch for Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2(together). The significance of that is buzz, which along with the good reviews, should lead to good sales. That's the logic. Now at this point you're thinking, 'Danny, you annoying yet handsome fellow, what does this have to do with EA?'

EA Partners. EA has been quietly going from the House of Madden to one of, if not THE highest quality publisher in the industry. Looking at the studios they publish for, it's clear someone wants quality (Double Fine, Valve, BIOWARE, Harmonix). Along with publishing games from some of the (and in the case of Bioware and Valve, THE) best they've been improving their own games. Madden is actually adding new features, NFS has been improved (finally), Burnout is amazing per usual, Mercenaries was an enjoyable rent, and Battlefield remains the standard for large-scale FPS's.

So who's your favorite publisher and why?

While you guy's ponder that, I need to head back, the Bioware cock must be cold without me. Dragon Age drops Nov. 3 /plug

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll