Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 2 Arcade Games or 1?
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
2 Arcade Games or 1? - Dec 10, 2006 07:58
So, I have 1,200 points left...and I want to have 400 left over for a Theme, some Oblivion stuff, and maybe some left over just incase there are some Gears maps to buy here soon.

I' m stuck between getting Doom or Mortal Kombat or two old classics like Robotron or Uno...

Suggestions?
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: 2 Arcade Games or 1? - Dec 10, 2006 08:23

Mortal Kombat

Love it, great Arcade game. The classics (aside from Contra and Gauntlet) don' t have much staying power. I still play Mortal Kombat from time to time though, Doom I haven' t played in awhile.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: 2 Arcade Games or 1? - Dec 10, 2006 09:38
Whatever has the best lasting appeal, having not played either Uno or Robotron I cannot say. Dont get doom, as its a play once and never again kind of game, Mortal Kombat should be good fun. If you like it that is.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 2 Arcade Games or 1? - Dec 10, 2006 10:16
Get Small Arms. No really, for 800 points you absolutely can' t beat it. The multiplayer makes me pee myself.

Yeah... I know that wasn' t an option, but hey.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: 2 Arcade Games or 1? - Dec 10, 2006 10:58
I would recommend MK and Uno. Uno is great for just relaxing(I don' t have it but it' s a good card game in real life), and I hear its even better if you have a cam for video chat while you play. Doom is fun, but as people have said, for 1 play through and the multi player isn' t all that appealing(at least to me, when you could have Halo2 or Gears as an online shooter for 360).
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: 2 Arcade Games or 1? - Dec 11, 2006 00:09
I think Uno is terrible, and if you don' t have a camera you' ll get kicked from most of the rooms. I prefer Hearts myself and made some good online buddies there. Of course, you' ve probably got it on your PC anyway but I didn' t have one when I first got the box.

I love the Arcade games, I don' t have points at the moment but Small Arms plays well on the demo anyway and if any of my real-life friends had it I' m sure I' d buy it.

UMK, SF2 and Smash TV are all great. Remember you can demo' s for all the arcade games anyway so I' m fairly sure you' ll have made up your mind already anyway
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 2 Arcade Games or 1? - Dec 11, 2006 00:12
I agree with Iad, Uno is crap. It' s not even a game, its purely luck of the draw. Boring as hell. The only decent part of the game is that a ever so often people forget they are in front of a camera with live feed.

I reccommend Small arms, texas Hold ' em poker and Geometry Wars if you don' t already have them. MK might be good but I tried Doom and wow its old.

I recommend trying a demo of all the arcade games I mentioned before you buy any.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 10 Dec 06 16:16:50 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message