Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Are movies as good as they use to be?
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
Are movies as good as they use to be? - Jul 26, 2005 15:00
I would say that movies are going down hill. I havn' t bought a movie (besides anime) for over 3 months, there just arn' t many worth buying these days (to me anyway).

So what do you think?
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Are movies as good as they use to be? - Jul 27, 2005 09:11
Throughout the history of movies there has always been great epics in film making and absolute crap. I think the only difference today is that movie scripts are filled with more plotholes than ever before. However, there are still tons of great films being made as long as you stay away from the summer blockbusters.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Are movies as good as they use to be? - Jul 27, 2005 22:04
I tend to agree with lotusson, there is probably just as much garbage out there nowadays as there used to be 30 years ago and before. We are just exposed to the garbage of this generation firsthand. I have found some recent movies worthy of aquiring.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Are movies as good as they use to be? - Jul 27, 2005 22:17
the problem is, there hasn' t been a movie released in the last three months worth owning...over the summer there never ever is.just before school ends and just after school starts up is when all the good shit starts comming out again.
George Foreman

• Total Posts : 124
RE: Are movies as good as they use to be? - Jul 28, 2005 08:44
There have been plenty of movies worth owning to me. Coach Carter, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, and Ray all seem like worthy purchases to me.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Are movies as good as they use to be? - Jul 28, 2005 23:40
I would/will probably aquire Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Madagascar, Batman Begins....... and those are just th movies that I saw in the last month
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Are movies as good as they use to be? - Jul 29, 2005 11:23
I find movie endings today to be much less shocking/surprising than movies of yester year. Back during the 80s and prior to that it seemed as if movie endings were predictable for the most part in that happy endings were almost always a given in most movies. Evil doer loses and the good guys prevail.

So whenever a movie didn' t follow that formula back then and threw a wrench into that sort of umm system, it kind of threw me out of whack! I SO did not see Prime dying in The Transformers: The Movie... Hurt yes, dead NO. Back in 1985 When the TV promos for the movie asked " Will Prime die? Who will lead the autobots?" , I remember my exact words being " No way, they wouldn' t kill him." but yet they did :(.. Had the movie been released today, I wouldn' t have been surprised at all that they killed him off, I' d just sit there with butterflies in my stomach throughout the movie HOPING that he isn' t killed.

I must say, even though the movie ended on a " good guys prevail" note, it took PLENTY of guts to kill off one of if not the greatest transformer evar!!1!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 29 Jul 05 19:30:20 >
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Are movies as good as they use to be? - Jul 30, 2005 15:40
Hide and Seek had a cool twist at the end, kinda like the secret window.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Are movies as good as they use to be? - Aug 01, 2005 15:54
I don' t know if 3 months is really a time frame to start getting worried. Maybe if for 3 years nothing worth buying came out I' d be a little concerned. The way I look at it, it' s a good thing. Gives me time to catch up on some anime and video games!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll