Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ps3 2.10 patch today
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 19, 2007 05:03
The new patch entails the ability to change voice pitch when using a microphone. Not quite sure why one would use this, maybe to counteract a crappy microphone?

It also adds DivX support, which I for one, am very happy about. I' ve been using the xbox for the past couple weeks to watch avi' s on my big screen, but as I have said before, I much prefer the ps3' s interface for media use, not to mention the bluetooth remote is much nicer to use than a controller.

It also said something about bitmapping, which I' m thinking has something to do with the ps3 themes that people have been avid in creating. Maybe to fix a problem some people ran into......I will try and find out more.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 19, 2007 05:18
According to IGN, you can also use remote play to play your PSone games on your PSP, while keeping the CD inside the PS3. All you need is a wi-fi connection. They said that is a little laggy with the games they' ve tried, but nothing unplayable.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 19, 2007 09:58
also a new music vis. screen, its planets and looks class.
Dagashi

RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 19, 2007 11:42

also a new music vis. screen, its planets and looks class.

yah, I just noticed that a few hours ago, very nice indeed.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 20, 2007 05:27

The new patch entails the ability to change voice pitch when using a microphone. Not quite sure why one would use this, maybe to counteract a crappy microphone?
Or, maybe its so you dont have to hear annoying kids voices
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 20, 2007 07:17

Voice masking?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 21, 2007 03:05

Voice masking?

ZOMG INNOVATION!!!
Dagashi

RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 21, 2007 04:19

ZOMG INNOVATION!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhh! You are only allowed to say something crappy is innovative if it has to do with the Wii.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 21, 2007 05:59
I don' t see the point in harping on them for it.

New features are new features. They never promised they' d be revolutionary. Most people don' t pay much notice to firmware updates anyhow. Xbox' s Live service has made consumers expect a new and amazing feature every time that little number changes.
Dagashi

RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 21, 2007 17:40

New features are new features. They never promised they' d be revolutionary. Most people don' t pay much notice to firmware updates anyhow. Xbox' s Live service has made consumers expect a new and amazing feature every time that little number changes.

I was just joking.

I love that Sony just keeps tweaking the system and improving upon it.

The new customizability of the themes is great, and you end up with amazing themes for free that others created. Or, if you are so inclined, can make one for yourself. I' ve been using a Mario theme for a couple days, all the sound effects are that of the olden day mario' s. I also love the Akira theme.

Nobody has said anything about the themes in much detail thus far, either because they haven' t gone and downloaded em off the net, or they just don' t much care. I for one think it is awesome.

For me the new Xbox update was a much needed fix to a clunky and slow UI. I still prefer the ps3 interface, but at least the xbox is as fast now. If only they could clean it up a bit(I don' t pay $15 a month for ads).
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 22, 2007 00:20

(I don' t pay $15 a month for ads).

You don' t pay $15 a month for Xbox Live either... unless you' ve got three accounts!
Dagashi

RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 22, 2007 01:38

You don' t pay $15 a month for Xbox Live either... unless you' ve got three accounts!

I was thinking about when the Canadian dollar was lower, force of habit. Ok, I don' t pay $10 a month for ads. Even if it was $5, it would still be stupid. If they want to make me look at ads then they can give me the service for free. However, since they keep saying that the fee is to pay for all the features and tracking that it takes to support XBL, then where does the ad money go.......
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 22, 2007 03:50
Profit.

You' d have a hard time finding any intelligent person who really thinks that every penny brought in by Live goes towards running it.

It' s better than PSN, but for a $50 subscription it' s got a long way to go before it becomes a " good deal" to me. It' d be much more appealing if they dropped the annual subscription price by 20, or even 10 dollars (USD), but their customer base is strong as it is, & people are still buying. The chances of them actually doing something like that (a permanent price drop) are quite slim.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 22, 2007 04:22
Live is still pretty cheap. I would gladly pay for PSN if Sony arranged to have their own servers and offer the same services as Live. The Sony store in particular is junk. We need to be able to buy Sony Dollars at retail. And speed up the store. It' s slow as molasses.

I hate when people bitch about ads for Live. It' s not like a comercial is playing while you' re watching a show. The games aren' t being interrupted in any way. It just takes some modest space from a page. A page with a fixed use no less. It' s the least invasive ads possible. I have no idea what they' re about because I don' t even notice them. They have to make money somehow, the 360 is costing MS a fortune.

I agree when you said it' s about time they made the interface a bit more zippy though. WTF took them so long?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 22, 2007 05:49

For me the new Xbox update was a much needed fix to a clunky and slow UI. I still prefer the ps3 interface, but at least the xbox is as fast now. If only they could clean it up a bit

Really? I felt like the fall update slowed things down. I dont like the new way media is handled.

I don' t see the point in harping on them for it.

I wasnt, well, actually I sorta was. Anyone remember any XBox(1) Live games that used this? It was annoying.
Dagashi

RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 22, 2007 11:55

Live is still pretty cheap. I would gladly pay for PSN if Sony arranged to have their own servers and offer the same services as Live. The Sony store in particular is junk. We need to be able to buy Sony Dollars at retail. And speed up the store. It' s slow as molasses.

I agree completely. Except for the PS-store, I don' t really have any issues with speed on it, and I run my ps3 wirelessly. The sony dollars are coming soon, early 2008 as I recall.

I hate when people bitch about ads for Live. It' s not like a comercial is playing while you' re watching a show. The games aren' t being interrupted in any way. It just takes some modest space from a page. A page with a fixed use no less. It' s the least invasive ads possible. I have no idea what they' re about because I don' t even notice them. They have to make money somehow, the 360 is costing MS a fortune.

I know the 360 costs MS a lot, but I have always been of the mind that if I' m paying for a service, I shouldn' t have advertisements etc that I don' t want. The ps3 interface looks so much cleaner, and a good part of the reason being the lack of ads.

I notice the ads, especially when I go from playing Uncharted to CoD4. It just looks messy and unwanted.

I for one hate the ads at the beginning of movies in theatres, that and a few other reasons(mainly blu-ray being way better looking) being why I don' t go to theatres more than once or twice a year.

I agree when you said it' s about time they made the interface a bit more zippy though. WTF took them so long?

I guess, unlike Sony, they like to make one big update, instead of multiple updates, with minor, but useful, updates in each. I personally like lots of minor updates rather than waiting for one big one.

Profit.

You' d have a hard time finding any intelligent person who really thinks that every penny brought in by Live goes towards running it.

I know, just felt like leaving it for others to come up with their reasons. It is 100% about the profit.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 22, 2007 12:12

The sony dollars are coming soon, early 2008 as I recall.

Cool, I didn' t know that.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 22, 2007 12:50

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

That' s some odd feature. I' ve already seen reactions from people who think that it' s annoying as hell with all the chipmunk voices out there.

I assume that they added it to be able to sound like another gender.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: ps3 2.10 patch today - Dec 23, 2007 00:00
I can achieve the same result with $3 Fiskars scissors and morphine (and the morphine' s optional at that).

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll