Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Saddam to be hanged by morning...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 30, 2006 11:26
There' s still a lot of loyalists in Iraq.
The streets of Baghdad should be...interesting for a while.
I' m guessing we' re going to see this weekend just how bad it can get there.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 30, 2006 13:22
Yeah I guess itd be good to get this done before new years ya know? Start out 2007 with as clean a slate as possible. Dont need last years issues dammit we want new issues!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 30, 2006 14:01
Anyone know if this will be televised? I' ve never seen a live Hanging before.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 30, 2006 14:42
It was done about 3 and a half hours ago from my post. be sure to keep checking Youtube as I' m sure it' ll be on there eventually.

I wonder if it was really him they caught/hanged or one of his thousands of body doubles.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 30, 2006 22:40
It doesn' t matter if it' s him or not. His death has a very important symbolic value. Of course, it' d be best if the real guy dies because that' d be real justice.
I' m usually against death penalty but in the case of Saddam and similar people I can make an exception. If he would' ve gotten jail the legal battles would' ve kept going forever.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 00:50
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 03:35
One less duchbag,allthough my dad think this is wrong and many underdogs to Saddam now got away,and that USA got their hands clean...whatever that mean.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 05:51

One less duchbag

What' s wrong with the Dutch?

No, I usually don' t support death penalties, I' d rather see people like that suffer painful and heartbreaking existences till they' re too old and decrepit to take a crap without help.[:' (]
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 06:13
Yes but he is behind over 300.000 deaths,people dissapearing,using tortue cells etc.

It' s easy for us to say one thing.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 06:29
...how many will die because of that country' s new-found instability, though?....

....and how many more would-be martyrs in the middle east as a whole, will see his execution as another war cry?...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 06:30
They haven' t decided whether or not to release the tape to public. I guess they filmed it with a Sony HD camera though, so if they ever do release it it should be in high definition.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16401644/site/newsweek
nekkid_monkey

RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 07:29
The messed up thing is, he never stood trial for all his crimes. Iraq executed his ass as soon as they had a good enough excuse.
I guess the world wanted him dead so badly, the trial really didn' t matter anyway.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 07:39

The messed up thing is, he never stood trial for all his crimes. Iraq executed his ass as soon as they had a good enough excuse.
I guess the world wanted him dead so badly, the trial really didn' t matter anyway.

Well, if we had caught Hitler would you have wanted him killed immediately? Not to say Hussein was even close to Hitler. But if you stood back and looked at the situation...it is simply a fact that the Iraqi' s had been fucked over by this guy so many times that they wanted him dead...he had done too much to their country to just let him rot...death couldn' t come quick enough. I' m sure if Hitler was caught and put in front of the Jewish people they wouldn' t scream " Lock him up!" would they?
nekkid_monkey

RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 08:10
I understand all that, but I think it would have been better if he stood trial on all his crimes, so ALL his accomplices would have been exposed.
No one attempts genocide alone.
I think the world let Iraq handle this thing alone, because a truly international trial would have had a worldwide political effect.
The US for example helped him get into power and supplied him with technology years ago. Everybody knows that already, but that doesn' t mean our politicians want to see it in the news.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 09:40
The sad part is that the violence will only continue in Iraq, It will most likely get worse. I heard 4 car bombs today in Baghdad and about 74 people killed [if my figures are right].Today.

These people are Insane.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 31 Dec 06 1:40:53 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 10:22
As cold as it sounds, I gave up caring what happens in the Middle East. There are so many problems there and no solutions that it' s near impossible to understand where it all went wrong.

The only reason other countries are intervening is because of the oil that' s there. Otherwise, many of the problems you see in the Middle East are similar to the problems in Africa.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 10:30

I understand all that, but I think it would have been better if he stood trial on all his crimes, so ALL his accomplices would have been exposed.
No one attempts genocide alone.

I completely agree with that. His accomplices needed to be weeded out. But as I had said...revenge...or just simply " justice" to the Iraqi people came first.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 11:02

ORIGINAL: nekkid_monkey

wtf are you talking about. They had trials for over a month.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 18:46
I actually see this fate as kind of lenient for such a monster. I' d rather for the remaining duration of his life he had been tortured or something.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Saddam to be hanged by morning... - Dec 31, 2006 20:52
Torture, jail, interogation, nothing can bring back the people he killed.
So it' s useless to try and find a suiting punishment for him.
The punishment should be based on what kind of effects it will have on the future.
I' m not educated in this area so I don' t know what punishent would' ve been the best.
If killing him will demoralise his followers and make it easier to unite the country, then it was right to kill him.
But if a longer trial where all his crimes would' ve been revealed could' ve let the people realise how evil he was than that option would' ve been better.
When it comes to big things like this you can' t really have your minds on revenge or suitable punishment because nothing can make up for what has happened.
So the punishment must be chosen with the future in mind, what kind of effects will the punishment have for the people that are still alive today?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message