Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Game Stars Live turns into a TV show
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
Game Stars Live turns into a TV show - Dec 12, 2004 22:51
It' s taken long enough but computer game fans in the UK finally have a new primetime Games program to look forward to. I know there are one or two kicking about on ' Sky 1' but after watching an episode I was appalled to find it completely aimed towards kids and presented by two ' hip' chavas with no obvious knowledge of games.

I can remember the days of Gamesmaster the TV show which ruled and Bits which still wasn’t as good but was good enough. Game Stars Live however seems to have spawned from the award ceremony last year as well as the show in September.

“The programme will be broadcast in late summer/early autumn, which will include a special from Game Stars Live and will culminate in an hour-long special Game Stars awards show.

Martin Lowde, ITV’s director of licensing, said: " The increasing maturity of gamers has created an appealing demographic and is a programming area we are very keen to develop."

http://www.mcvuk.com/html/news/story.jsp?newsId=1929418

Here’s hoping it’ll actually be some good.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Game Stars Live turns into a TV show - Dec 13, 2004 13:16
The biggest show in the uk, and i completely missed it. dang

Im actually looking forward to it, and i know which two hip ' chavas' ur talking about. God i hate that show!
The only one worth watching is Gamer Tv and When Games Attack, and of course, Electronic Playground though i havnt seen that in a while.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Game Stars Live turns into a TV show - Dec 13, 2004 15:35
Electronic Playground is one of my favorite shows on G4TechTV, I hope it was one of the many canceled/changed/or have neone layed offed.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll