Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New CoD4 Playlists Details
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 04, 2008 20:03

According to Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward's director ofcommunications, the team has an Xbox Live and PlayStation Networkpromotion in the pipeline for the weekend of September 13th. Exactdetails of the promotion haven't yet been revealed, but Bowling statedthat double-experience points will be on offer for those itching toraise their in-game rank quickly. Be aware, though, that Bowling has stated that the following list isfar from final, and there's currently no telling what we'll receive.

• Hardcore Headquarters
    Testing is completed for Hardcore HQ. This playlist has standard HQ rules w/ Hardcore Settings. Limited HUD, Increased Bullet Damage, and Friendly Fire Enabled.
  • Hardcore Ricochet Playlist
    This is the No Teamkilling playlist. Any damage a teamkiller attempts to do to their team mates is reflected onto themselves only. Therefore, if they attempt to shoot an RPG into the ground at the beginning of the match; the only person who will die, is the Teamkiller. This eliminates the fear of being shot in the back by some asshole, but still encourages players to play tactically and not throw random nades, because if you accidentally hit a teammate, you’re only going to end up killing yourself and they’ll go unharmed. No Teamkilling, No Random Nades. This playlist will include the variant for Hardcore Teamdeathmatch, Hardcore Search and Destroy, and Hardcore HQ.
  • Sudden Death Sabotage
    Sabotage with no respawns. Fast-paced and intense Sabotage. No more hiding with the bomb until time runs out for sudden death. Increased XP per kills to encourage Team Deathmatch mentality. Defend your objective, while attempting to secure the bomb and plant on theirs. Once you’re dead, you’re dead. No second chances.
  • Second Chance Search and Destroy
    Search and Destroy with 1 respawn each. This completely revamps your Search and Destroy tactics. No longer will lucky frag or well-placed claymore end your chance of victory. Each player has 1 respawn, creating longer more thought-out attack / defend strategies. Eliminate enemy players, and cut off their reinforcements while you defuse.
  • Bare-Bones Team Deathmatch
    Team Deathmatch with no perks and no air support.
  • Hardcore Free for All
    Free For All with Hardcore Settings.

• Team Elimination (Last Man Standing)
    3 round Team Deathmatch w/ no respawns. Switch sides each round.
  • Multi-Bomb Search and Destroy
    Search and Destroy but all attackers spawn with a bomb.

Can't tell which one I'm excited about can you?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 04, 2008 21:22
I personally like Bare-Bones Team Deathmatch. I can't stand when someone who is garbage at the game gets lucky enough to get 5 kills in a row, then gets shit loads of kills on the airstrike, and then even more from the chopper. Plus, you wouldn't have to hear people bitch about martyrdom.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 05, 2008 01:00
Dont you think Hardcore free for all would be a bit, pointless? hardcore is hard enough when people are on your side but with everybody against you? i forsee getting killed 3 seconds after you respawn alot.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 05, 2008 02:46
Not if you kick ass. ;)

I just went 25/1 in FFA. I'm so proud of myself.

(Please excuse the fact that I couldn't do it twice if I tried)
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 05, 2008 08:42
Quite like the sound of the bare bones as its just down to individual weapon skill. However both it and the hardcore FFA will both encourage camping snipers.
But anyway double xp weekend sounds great - see you all there.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 06, 2008 02:55
Hmm some of those sound very very nice. Hopefully the majority make it in.

Ricochet Sabotage and Multi Bomb sound the most appealing to me.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 06, 2008 03:00
Kinda late imo.  Do people still play this game?  I know it's worth paying, but for a good online experience I like to play with people i know.  Most people on my friends list don't play anymore.  Another concern, more game modes will make it more difficult to find enough people for a proper match. 
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 06, 2008 03:04
I've been play wingith the same rather sizable group every night for the past several years so it definitely works for me. Tho I do see the concern about more playlists. I wonder if they would drop a few too compensate.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 06, 2008 20:12
Well I like the new playlists, but the double xp won't help me much considering I'm at the highest rank you can get to.  I'll see ya all there though.
mastachefbkw

Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 07, 2008 02:14
Why in God's name would you make HQ hardcore? Everyone is going to be all over the HQ and someone will drop martyrdom and kill everyone. Plus, knowing IW they'll put Shipment on the playlist.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 07, 2008 02:35
8-16 player matches on shipment kick ass. It's rare that you get thrown into one, as they gimped the game selection for expedience and streamlining, but it's tons of fun. You get nowhere, but at the end of the match, you don't care.

mastachefbkw

Re:New CoD4 Playlists Details - Sep 08, 2008 02:17
I usually don't mind shipment, because its easy kills, but the last time I played it, my team was raping their entire team killwise, but then one of their guys got  an air strike, and it was all over from there. As soon as he got one, his team would get one and before you know it, we couldn't even spawn.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll