Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Evil Dead remake
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Evil Dead remake - Nov 18, 2004 21:36

Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell are getting set to remake The Evil Dead for Ghost House Pictures, the company set up by Raimi, Tapert and Senator International.

According to report in the trade paper Variety, Raimi will not be directing the remake so the company is looking for a director before a script is written. The first film launched the careers of Raimi & Tapert as producers and directors while also launching the acting career of its star, Bruce Campbell. Campbell has starred in two sequels, Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn and Army of Darkness.

Ghost House recently released the US re-make of the Japanese film The Grudge, which has already grossed over $100 million worldwide. A sequel is in development right now. Other upcoming projects for Ghost House include: Dibbuk Box from the Pang brothers, the people behind The Eye; Scarecrow; 30 Days of Night, in partnership with Columbia and based on the graphic novel of the same name; and Boogeyman, which will be released by Screen Gems in February.

Filmforce
----------------------------------------------------------------
Other stuff Ive over heard and read elsewhere, is that before Raimi makes another sequal to Evil Dead and the possibly Freddy v Jason v Ash he wants to have a remake made first. This confirms most of that now so ...HELL YA FOR EVIL DEAD
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Evil Dead remake - Nov 19, 2004 05:29
So Bruce will be starring as himself in the remake? If so, that' s a good thing because I can' t see anyone playing that part as well as him.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll