Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 58
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 05, 2006 21:19
In a recent interview with a radio show called something like 1 europe he claimed it will be expensvie for a gaming console,but cheap for what its reall is,a plattform who also can play blu-ray in HD.

He also stated that more then 14 million psp was produced now.

500 euro=4600 kr....
I bought nmy 360 for 3700,however it costed 4000 at launch here.
And i my bought my xbox for 5000 O_o

Well the price is so-so,i rather wiat some month then before buying a ps3...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 05, 2006 21:25
500 Euro is $613 or £350.

Anyway, ...link?
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 5 Apr 06 13:28:58 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 05, 2006 21:37
Link,look all over the web,search for the news,i found it at jeauxfrance.com though ,however my friends when i told it to them,said they knew it too.
:P

'

" EDIT" EXCUSE ME,IN THE FORK/AROUND 500 EURO,WHICH MEANS IT WILL BE MORE THEN 500,AND WITH SWEDISH TAX we might hit 5000-5400 kr...
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 5 Apr 06 13:48:15 >
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 05, 2006 21:51
Nothing official has been announced, and i can' t find any traces of what you' re talking about.

The actual final, set in stone price is unlikely to be announced before E3.

The price itself doesn' t really bother me, ...i mean, i' d pay £450 (641 Euro or $788), and that' s for a machine i really don' t care much about right now. I want to know the price because then i can gauge an idea as to how well it will see in the different territories.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 5 Apr 06 14:02:25 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 05, 2006 21:59
I' m not lying,he said it in a interview.

http://www.jeux-france.com/news15148_la-playstation-3-autour-de-500-euros.aspx

http://www.gamefront.de/ look below and you find this...

Europa: PS3-Preis etwa bei Euro 499 bis Euro 599

05.04.06 - George Fornay, Präsident von Sony Computer Entertainment Frankreich, hat im Radio Europe 1 gestern Abend über den Preis der PlayStation3 gesprochen.

Wie PlayFrance schreibt, soll die Konsole laut Fornay in Europa im Preisbereich von Euro 499 bis Euro 599 liegen. Release: November 2006

http://www.playfrance.com/news/ps3-215296249-Infos-PlayStation-3-dans-la-fourchette-des-500-euros.aspx

Here is just some,so why does i give french links?
Cause this guy is vice president of europe,but president of sony in france,and if i got it right he did a interview with a french gaming magazine,and said it will cost around 500 euro for us.
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 05, 2006 22:16
Ok, for those that don' t speak French, allow me...

" During an interview granted to radio Europe 1, George Fornay, President of Sony Computer Entertainment France and Senior Vice-president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, confirmed that PlayStation 3, planned for worldwide release next November, will be available ' in the region of 500 euros' by specifying that it will be expensive for a video game console, but cheap for a Blu-ray player."

So, if this is true, then in Europe the machine will be available for around 500 Euro' s, which is £350 or $613.

The thing is though that a HDD will be needed for games, but they have yet to confirm that the console will actually ship with one.

My guess is that there will be two versions of the unit and this is the price of the cheaper, Blu-Ray focussed version, without the HDD and maybe even a couple of other things.
QuezcatoL

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 05, 2006 22:18
Well around 500...might be 550...
However he doesnt include taxes atleast not for scandinavia.
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 05, 2006 22:30
My point is that, if you have to buy the HDD separately, and maybe even a couple of other things, the price jumps drastically.

500 Euro' s for the console
146 Euro' s for 2 games
70 Euro' s for the HDD
20 Euro' s for the pad charger

Already that' s 736 Euro' s, without buying any Blu-Ray films and olny getting 2 games.

That converts to...$904 or £516, and some might think that' s too expensive. Personally i think that' s very cheap, and i know that Sony would be taking a big loss on every unit sold. It' s a risk.
QuezcatoL

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 05, 2006 22:36
Your right,i forgot about the games also :S

But majik,i have all FMV now,you know from ff7 cerbeus,the game thats supposed to be after ff7 ended...and its out in japan.

LOOK HERE...

We know some dev said they want Blu-ray for CGI that Square-enix loves...but look...

This was the best pic i could find in cgi with Cloud.

Now look how he look in real time in FF7 tech demo.

Now a lot of people think,well square-enix is a sony company,and ff13 will never come to 360.

But look at SNES,who was nintendos biggest lapdog?
Square,they have made games that was considered the best of their time,and sold millions,im talking about ff6 and CT,who become world wide hits.
And what did they do later? they even did a tech demo for N64 with FF6 characters.

Same as they did with ff7 for ps3 now,so what happend?
They thought n64 was gonna be expsnive to dev and release for and decied to go over to sony.

Ofc,cd' salso had more space for CGI O_O im not denying that,but,look and compare at real time and CGI at this day.
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 05, 2006 22:52
There are rumours floating around concerning a Square-Enix 360 exclusive title being announced at the Japanese 360 conference tomorrow.

That would be nice...

But what i' m more interested in is the rumoured VF5 360 port. It makes sense really since Tekken 6 will almost definately be shipping with PS3 at launch and i can' t see SEGA wanting to fight it out with Namco if they can avoid it, ...even if Virtua Fighter DOES stamp all over Tekken in every respect.

If both happen to be true, i' ll probably have a heart attack. 360 would defonately start selling in Japan!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 02:05
Well the games will determine the outcome of the PS3 and the 360 in Japan. Not the price.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 5 Apr 06 18:05:24 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 02:26
I thought that vf5 was going to be on the 360 anyway but thats probably based on everything iv' e been hearing about it. I hope it goes to the 360 though that would be sweet for sure.
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 02:54
As of yet VF5 hasn' t been confirmed for either console. I' m hoping it does end up on 360 though, since Tekken will difinately stay on PS3 and Soul Calibur 4 will be multi-platform again.

Anyhoo, it' s only 7 weeks or so until E3 (i can' t believe it' s that time again), and the announcements inch closer by the day.

If PS3 launches at £350 (i think £400 is more realistic) in the UK, it' ll likely sell out, but i don' t think it will do as well as the PS2 did in it' s first year, ...especially when you look at the games that will be out for 360 by then and take into account that launch titles are always overhyped.

I think £60 a game is possible too...
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 03:24
...slightly off topic, but just how well is 360 doing anyway?......

....we all know it' s having a hard time in japan, but what about America and Europe??.....

....does anyone have any figures about the number of units sold so far?... ..its been out for about a quarter now, yes?.......

....i would have expected to be reading articles which compare it to ex-box or PS2 in a similar time frame, about now.....
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 03:29
$600 eh?

Well, that cinches it. 360 this year, PS3 whenever.

Should Keep my quite busy until I actually have a desire to upgrade to Blu-Ray. I' m Quite happy with my current dvd' s.
Then again, by the time Blu-Ray is actually a movie market standard there will be better tech for it than the one in the PS3...so that' s pretty irrelevant IMO.

I really don' t see Blu-ray making a real impact on the games market this gen anyway. There' s more space yeah, but for what? I' m not a CG junkie.

I hope they release a non-BLu-ray version for the same price as the 360.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 03:36
I honestly don' t see what sony has to gain by selling it at that price surly it will take them a very long time to recover for the loss?. However if thats the case it would be a bargin to those who opt to buy it. On the virtua fighter front i' m really hoping it goes to the 360 cos I think they need it plus it would mean I won' t have to get yet another console just to play a game. Oh and £60 games I hope it wont be that high cos I would definately be more comfortable buying 360 games then.
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 03:37

hope they release a non-BLu-ray version for the same price as the 360.

Wishful thinking.

Sony NEED to put Blu-ray into PS3 regardless. With UMD' s being dri=opped by Hollywood and HD-DVD making ground, they have to make as big an impact as possible.

It' s funny though, because one of the main reasons the console will be so expensive is down to Blu-Ray.

Some people say Microsoft were stupid not to include a next-gen drive, but it' s turning out to be a smart move. The only people who would benefit from Blu-Ray being used in PS3 anyway are the people who have already bought a HDTV. Because if you don' t ave one, Blu-Ray will only look as good as standard DVD' s no matter what.

How many kids/teenagers/students do you think have HDTV' s?!

Blu-Ray is pointless for games!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 03:41

The thing is though that a HDD will be needed for games, but they have yet to confirm that the console will actually ship with one.

They have confirmed it after GDC - it will ship with HDD and there' ll be only one version - that' s official for now but can change.

613$ is not accurate since most systems get their price 1:1 (US:Europe) in different currencies.

For instance 300$ would translate to 300 Euro.

If it' s around 500 in Europe I would suspect it will be around 500$ in US.

Anyway It' s just my speculation so don' t bother reading :)

If it is 500$ however and gives you 60GB HDD plus some awesome features (like free online play,Blue-ray) , then it' s definitely good news.

Blu-Ray is pointless for games!

I don' t think you ,or anyone else at this time, is in position to say something like that - we don' t know that yet.

Why was Itagaki Bitchin about lack of HD DVD in 360?
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 5 Apr 06 19:43:47 >
Nitro

RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 04:13

They have confirmed it after GDC - it will ship with HDD and there' ll be only one version

Link?! I can' t find the confirmation anywhere...

613$ is not accurate since most systems get their price 1:1 (US:Europe) in different currencies.

Mostly, virtually never when launching worldwide. 360 did though so it' s possible PS3 will do the same.

Why was Itagaki Bitchin about lack of HD DVD in 360?

Nobody knows. Team Ninja evidently haven' t mastered compression techniques yet because no other developers have had any problems.

Since you don' t own a 360, i can' t expect you to understand how vast Oblivion is!

You should also bear in mind that it' s FAR cheaper to develop on DVD9 than on Blu-Ray, so even if a game had to be put out on multiple discs for 360, the production costs would still be lower than for a single disc PS3 game.

So Blu-Ray IS pointless for games!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Vice-president of SCE says ps3 gonna cost 500 euro! - Apr 06, 2006 04:46
Like it or not, we are headed into the Next Generation, not the ' 1.5, I ant their yet' Generation, New Consoles and New Games. Dvd is old, Dvd is ok for the first wave of 360 games, but when times goes on, you will see things done on ps3 just becuase of the storage space on the blueray. Dvd is last Generation' s technogly and sure it might do for now, but 5 years down the line, i doubt you will have the same opinion. Each Gneration lasts 5+ years, do you really want to stay behind just to save yourself a 100 bucks?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 58

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message