Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - Jan 15, 2008 06:27
I' ve been curious about this game since I first heard about it in 2006 but finally this weekend we got some details and some early screenshots. I’m still curious as to how they are going to put speed in an RPG but hopefully BioWare can create a great story in the Sonic universe and give the blue hedgehog his first fantastic game in years.

As a long-time Sonic fan I’m intrigued as to the old skool connection between Eggman and Sonic that BioWare want to push. Anyway, what do you lot think?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - Jan 15, 2008 07:18
Where' s the screenshots?

Sounds bizarre to me. I likes bizarre.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - Jan 15, 2008 07:24
You ask I deliver. Clicky, clicky!

They’re only scans so I can’t wait to see some proper pictures.

< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 14 Jan 08 23:25:12 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - Jan 15, 2008 07:46

Nintendo Power has just diffused in its last edition the very first images of Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (in the past Sonic RPG) developed by Bioware which one knows especially to have occupied of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic or Mass Effect. The play thus seems to approach a style closer to the drawing animated Sonic while proposing engagements with the turn by turn in 3d with special blows with the Elite Beat Agents. It will be possible to compose a team of 4 on the 11 characters available whose Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, Shadow or Big the Cat. Each one of these characters will have a particular ability, Tails for example will have the possibility of flying to the top of objects. With the manner of The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, the play will be controlled exclusively with the stylet, moreover it will not have there random combat since all your enemies will be visible with the screen. As very good RPG one finds of course the possibility of increasing level, its competences and to acquire new attacks. Concerning the history it will be a question this time of a removal of Knuckles and emeralds but Eggman will apparently not be the principal enemy here even if he will have a role to play. The play will make you pass between the usual world of Sonic and the world obscure. It will unfortunately be necessary still to wait to have a little more information on Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood envisaged on Nintendo DS.

Babelfish translation from JeuxFrance.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - Jan 15, 2008 08:10
Well... I' m not a big RPG fan, or a big Sonic fan, but those screenshots do have a very cool painted style to them.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - Jan 15, 2008 14:12
Its kind of sad that the first decent Sonic game in years seems to be coming from other than Sega. Granted, I don' t know if its gonna be good or not, but if there is a developer who understands RPG' s and overall understands the concept of making great games, is BioWare.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll