Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Name you favorite RPG...whether Domestic or Import.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Name you favorite RPG...whether Domestic or Import. - Dec 01, 2004 17:43
Personally, I enjoy playing Morrowind and any of the Shining Force Series (Sega Genesis era).

With more RPG' s being developed everyday, I just can' t believe that all (or most) these wonderful games are slated for release in North America.

This is a wonderful time for RPG gamers...

One such game is Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2. Read the article. Then, reply to the subject...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/dragonwarrior8/preview_6114081.aspx

We know the Dragon Quest series on these shores as Dragon Warrior, though the epic role-playing games don' t enjoy the same instant familiarity in North America as they do in Japan. This past weekend, Dragon Quest VIII finally made its debut in " The Land of the Rising Sun" on a Saturday, because there' s a Japanese law that forbids the sale of Dragon Quest games on weekdays. We obtained an import copy of the game and promptly jumped into our own adventure just to see how the passage of time and the translation to a 3D graphics engine has affected this venerable series. As you play Dragon Quest VIII, two things are immediately apparent. One, the cel-shaded characters and fully 3D environments make for an artistically cohesive, wonderful-looking game. And two, beneath all the newfound glamour, this is still the Dragon Quest of yore.

Note from mod - once again, please do NOT reprint entire articles from other sites
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 12/12/2004 12:41:59 AM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message